Home  |  Forums  |  914 Info  |  Blogs

914World.com - The fastest growing online 914 community!

Porsche, and the Porsche crest are registered trademarks of Dr. Ing. h.c. F. Porsche AG. This site is not affiliated with Porsche in any way.
Its only purpose is to provide an online forum for car enthusiasts. All other trademarks are property of their respective owners.

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

842 Pages V « < 792 793 794 795 796 > »   
Reply to this topicStart new topic
> what did you do to your 914 today
CCE
post Jan 24 2023, 11:42 PM
Post #15861

CCE

Group: Members
Member No.: 26,203
Region Association: NineFourteenerVille

Did a new video today

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mAMKX6LoMuw

Attached Image
User is offlineProfile CardPM
Go to the top of the page
+Quote Post
Garland
post Jan 25 2023, 09:30 AM
Post #15862

Restoration Fanatic

Member No.: 1,535
Region Association: Upper MidWest

Great video…….
+Quote Post
KSCarrera
post Jan 25 2023, 11:51 AM
Post #15863

Member No.: 22,846
Region Association: England

Installed rollbar and retrimmed interior...

Attached Image
+Quote Post
DRPHIL914
post Jan 25 2023, 12:29 PM
Post #15864

Dr. Phil

Member No.: 11,106
Region Association: South East States

QUOTE(KSCarrera @ Jan 25 2023, 12:51 PM) *

Attached Image

(IMG:style_emoticons/default/beer.gif) very nice!! what brand seats? they look nice and snug, did they mount to the OEM mounts and sliders?

Phil
+Quote Post
CCE
post Jan 25 2023, 07:59 PM
Post #15865

CCE

Member No.: 26,203

QUOTE(Garland @ Jan 25 2023, 09:30 AM) *

QUOTE(CCE @ Jan 25 2023, 12:42 AM) *

Did a new video today

https://youtu.be/mAMKX6LoMuw

Attached Image

Can’t view……

I think I solved the issue. Sorry.
+Quote Post
KSCarrera
post Jan 26 2023, 10:01 AM
Post #15866

Member No.: 22,846
Region Association: England

QUOTE(DRPHIL914 @ Jan 25 2023, 06:29 PM) *

QUOTE(KSCarrera @ Jan 25 2023, 12:51 PM) *

Attached Image

(IMG:style_emoticons/default/beer.gif) very nice!! what brand seats? they look nice and snug, did they mount to the OEM mounts and sliders?

Phil

Hi Phil, yes they did - I made some simple cross braces to which the seats bolt, which drop them lower between the sliders than stock seats. Means I have the practicality of factory sliders and tilt. The seats are Cobra RSR, narrow enough to fit in a 914 and very supportive.
+Quote Post
Root_Werks
post Jan 26 2023, 04:59 PM
Post #15867

Village Idiot

Member No.: 2,105
Region Association: Pacific Northwest

Working from home today, decided to drive into town for lunch with the Wife. Drove past my office on the way out. (IMG:style_emoticons/default/biggrin.gif)

Attached thumbnail(s)
Attached Image
+Quote Post
Type 47
post Jan 28 2023, 09:56 PM
Post #15868

Member No.: 11,790
Region Association: None

Put engine back in car that was removed on 4.22.12.

Attached Image
Attached Image
almost in
Attached Image
in
Attached Image
+Quote Post
wonkipop
post Jan 29 2023, 12:59 AM
Post #15869

Advanced Member

Member No.: 24,231

drove it and drove it and drove it.
all day.
finally the weather was on my side after 4 solid months of meteorological bunk!.
if it wasn't raining like the bible warned, the sun was shining like a nuclear blow torch.

but not today.

also the city was deserted. relatively. everyone had buggered off for their typical aussie 4 day weekend in celebration of invasion day. (IMG:style_emoticons/default/beerchug.gif)

got the chick on board who helped clay bar the car 3 years ago and she got her promised driving "lessons". she is incredibly nervous. we did many laps of my "racetrack" down at the ports, ripped down to altona beach behind the ruins of the old oil refinery, chewed up a good 1/4 of the tank + and i found her a nice quiet carpark and gave her the keys.
she won't let likenesses of her image be posted on the net. but she had a ball even though she did not get out of second gear. i couldn't get her out of the car. she just kept doing laps of the little carpark and short acceleration runs up the side road. (IMG:style_emoticons/default/biggrin.gif) (IMG:style_emoticons/default/beerchug.gif)

Attached Image

bit of australiana. gum trees. burnt brown grass.

Attached Image

i enjoyed myself. sat back. lit up a contraband vietnamese cigarette.
and watched her go around.
i believe its the first time in 30 odd years i have actually heard my car from outside driving down the road.
i was a bit disappointed. it didn't sound like a beetle and had a bit of porsche fan whirr to it.

anyway. i spotted during one of her hard braking u turn thrashes that the brake light was out on the left hand side.

so back home, cracked an asahi and went after the bulb.

Attached Image

by this point co-driver for the day was real excited about the car.
while i was head down in the back pulling the tail-light out she looks up and says whats this - pointing at an obscure region of the rear trunk lid underside.
(she works in cultural materials preservation professionally).

Attached Image

my reply was f$%k.
i have had this car for 30 + years and never spotted it.
factory inspection sticker and stamp.

i said to her, i did find one under the trunk carpet years ago and showed that one to her.

"how do you open the front boot" (boot = aussie for trunk) was the next command from the now curious female.

lo and behold another one.

Attached Image

forgive out of focus. must have been the asahi.

-----

i must be blind. never spotted these things in all the years i have had this car.
its pretty original and sat around for a long time while i manouvered through a not so great period of existence.

anyway a fun day. got the motor seriously warm. its been a frustrating summer climate wise down here. (IMG:style_emoticons/default/beerchug.gif)
+Quote Post
Cairo94507
post Jan 29 2023, 03:05 PM
Post #15870

Michael

Member No.: 9,712
Region Association: Northern California

Took it out for a spin last week and upon returning had the odor of gasoline. Now for you guys running carbs, that is normal. My car is Motronic injection and never has a gas smell. Today I popped the engine lid open and had my brother fire her up while I stood on the passenger side looking at where my fuel lines are and immediately spotted a leak coming from one of the lines that had been installed using a typical hose clamp and not a FI hose clamp. Went to the local FLAPS and bought a couple different types of FI hose clamps and returned. I removed the 3 wrong clamps, trimmed the end off the one hose about 1/2" and installed the hose with the new clamps and fired her up- problem solved. I let it run for about 10 minutes and monitored it and dry as a bone and no gas smell.

After that I wiped her down and put on a nice coat of wax and cover her up. It's raining here today or I would have gone for a ride.

Attached Image

Attached Image
+Quote Post
930cabman
post Jan 29 2023, 03:26 PM
Post #15871

Advanced Member

Member No.: 24,877
Region Association: North East States

Getting ready for a 3k mile roadtrip next month, started rebuilding the front suspension
+Quote Post
anderssj
post Jan 29 2023, 03:48 PM
Post #15872

Dog is my copilot...

Member No.: 207
Region Association: MidAtlantic Region

Checked it over, fired it up, and drove it for the first time this year….and was able to avoid the suicidal deer that jumped out in front of me about 10 minutes in. Canine copilot was pretty excited.
+Quote Post
Chaznaster
post Jan 29 2023, 06:23 PM
Post #15873

Member No.: 19,389
Region Association: North East States

Scrubbed down the engine block and transmission while it is out of the car. 50 year old greasy dirt is no joke!

Installed new seals for the transmission flanges to address a slow leak. Put in new-to-me flanges to replace the old ones with messed up, stripped threads.

Re-installed oil cooler with fresh seals after cleaning up the air path. The old seals were hard as a rock. I am hoping that solves the dripping off the bottom of the oil filter.

All in all a good day of movement on the annual winter project list.

Attached Image
Attached Image
Attached Image
+Quote Post
bkrantz
post Jan 29 2023, 11:13 PM
Post #15874

914 Guru

Member No.: 23,343
Region Association: Rocky Mountains

QUOTE(wonkipop @ Jan 28 2023, 11:59 PM) *

drove it and drove it and drove it.
all day.
finally the weather was on my side after 4 solid months of meteorological bunk!.
if it wasn't raining like the bible warned, the sun was shining like a nuclear blow torch.

but not today.

also the city was deserted. relatively. everyone had buggered off for their typical aussie 4 day weekend in celebration of invasion day. (IMG:style_emoticons/default/beerchug.gif)

got the chick on board who helped clay bar the car 3 years ago and she got her promised driving "lessons". she is incredibly nervous. we did many laps of my "racetrack" down at the ports, ripped down to altona beach behind the ruins of the old oil refinery, chewed up a good 1/4 of the tank + and i found her a nice quiet carpark and gave her the keys.
she won't let likenesses of her image be posted on the net. but she had a ball even though she did not get out of second gear. i couldn't get her out of the car. she just kept doing laps of the little carpark and short acceleration runs up the side road. (IMG:style_emoticons/default/biggrin.gif) (IMG:style_emoticons/default/beerchug.gif)

Attached Image

bit of australiana. gum trees. burnt brown grass.

Attached Image

i enjoyed myself. sat back. lit up a contraband vietnamese cigarette.
and watched her go around.
i believe its the first time in 30 odd years i have actually heard my car from outside driving down the road.
i was a bit disappointed. it didn't sound like a beetle and had a bit of porsche fan whirr to it.

anyway. i spotted during one of her hard braking u turn thrashes that the brake light was out on the left hand side.

so back home, cracked an asahi and went after the bulb.

Attached Image

by this point co-driver for the day was real excited about the car.
while i was head down in the back pulling the tail-light out she looks up and says whats this - pointing at an obscure region of the rear trunk lid underside.
(she works in cultural materials preservation professionally).

Attached Image

my reply was f$%k.
i have had this car for 30 + years and never spotted it.
factory inspection sticker and stamp.

i said to her, i did find one under the trunk carpet years ago and showed that one to her.

"how do you open the front boot" (boot = aussie for trunk) was the next command from the now curious female.

lo and behold another one.

Attached Image

forgive out of focus. must have been the asahi.

-----

i must be blind. never spotted these things in all the years i have had this car.
its pretty original and sat around for a long time while i manouvered through a not so great period of existence.

anyway a fun day. got the motor seriously warm. its been a frustrating summer climate wise down here. (IMG:style_emoticons/default/beerchug.gif)

So, if in the US the front trunk is a frunk, for you guys is the front boot a froot?
+Quote Post
wonkipop
post Jan 30 2023, 01:55 AM
Post #15875

Advanced Member

Member No.: 24,231

QUOTE(bkrantz @ Jan 29 2023, 11:13 PM) *

QUOTE(wonkipop @ Jan 28 2023, 11:59 PM) *

So, if in the US the front trunk is a frunk, for you guys is the front boot a froot?

(IMG:style_emoticons/default/biggrin.gif) (IMG:style_emoticons/default/biggrin.gif)

a good thing fords didn't come with a mid engine.
you'd get your head punched in down here if you told a ford guy his car had a froot up the front.
+Quote Post
Medtner3
post Jan 30 2023, 04:18 PM
Post #15876

Member No.: 24,467

QUOTE(Chaznaster @ Jan 18 2023, 07:48 PM) *

QUOTE(ClayPerrine @ Jan 18 2023, 02:51 PM) *

QUOTE(Chaznaster @ Jan 13 2023, 08:56 PM) *

Pulled the oil cooler and cleaned up the air passages.

I hope you are not going to use that carburetor that I see in the background.

They are terrible for a 914.

I hear you! I should have hidden it for the pic (IMG:style_emoticons/default/laugh.gif) .The 32/36 is the carb that was on the car when I bought it. Spent time last year jetting it as best as I could but realize it's not a permanent/ideal solution.

An upgrade (dual Weber 40s?) is on the list but not for this year. This year I am cleaning out the mouse nests on top of the cylinders and oil cool. A man has got to prioritize!

I have some dual Webers and linkages if you'd like to talk I put my 2.0 back to original D-jet and I am satisfied with how it runs
+Quote Post
SKL1
post Jan 30 2023, 07:44 PM
Post #15877

Member No.: 12,732
Region Association: Upper MidWest

QUOTE(Cairo94507 @ Jan 29 2023, 02:05 PM) *

Took it out for a spin last week and upon returning had the odor of gasoline. Now for you guys running carbs, that is normal. My car is Motronic injection and never has a gas smell. Today I popped the engine lid open and had my brother fire her up while I stood on the passenger side looking at where my fuel lines are and immediately spotted a leak coming from one of the lines that had been installed using a typical hose clamp and not a FI hose clamp. Went to the local FLAPS and bought a couple different types of FI hose clamps and returned. I removed the 3 wrong clamps, trimmed the end off the one hose about 1/2" and installed the hose with the new clamps and fired her up- problem solved. I let it run for about 10 minutes and monitored it and dry as a bone and no gas smell.

After that I wiped her down and put on a nice coat of wax and cover her up. It's raining here today or I would have gone for a ride.

Attached Image

Attached Image

I'm sure you carry a fire extinguisher with you at all time- learned that about 50 years ago when a fuel line came loose when I started my car in Porsche Park at Road America and it smelled like a gas station. A friend, who thank God WASN'T smoking looked as I tried to start it and saw the spray! Never been without one since!!!
+Quote Post
Cairo94507
post Jan 31 2023, 05:51 PM
Post #15878

Michael

Member No.: 9,712
Region Association: Northern California

Indeed I do; it's an Element. On road trips I also carry a large one under the front trunk.

(IMG:style_emoticons/default/driving.gif) Today I took the car for a 15 minute ride to check out the tires. Glass smooth at 75 MPH. I wanted to go further but list of chores to do prevented that.
+Quote Post
burton73
post Jan 31 2023, 08:09 PM
Post #15879

burton73

Member No.: 7,414
Region Association: Southern California

I went out and started my 6 up and just grooved on the sound of my exhaust. So nice to just turn the key and have the car start up and idle just perfect. So far love the EFI PMB put in in place of the new 46PMOs

It’s been 6 weeks from the last run. Till my shoulder replacement in March plus a few months there is no driving for me with left arm. I am at the mercy of my buds to take me out for a ride

Best to everyone, Bob B

(IMG:style_emoticons/default/driving-girl.gif) ---Me in 6 months----
+Quote Post
Type 47
post Jan 31 2023, 08:22 PM
Post #15880

Member No.: 11,790

plugged in all the wiring harnesses and connected the battery.

Nothing started smoking, so started to plug in front/rear lights. The right rear tail light initially worked but doesn't now.

All the cables are buttoned up.
+Quote Post

842 Pages V « < 792 793 794 795 796 > » 
Reply to this topicStart new topic
2 User(s) are reading this topic (2 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

- Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 25th April 2024 - 07:16 AM