Home  |  Forums  |  914 Info  |  Blogs

914World.com - The fastest growing online 914 community!

Porsche, and the Porsche crest are registered trademarks of Dr. Ing. h.c. F. Porsche AG. This site is not affiliated with Porsche in any way.
Its only purpose is to provide an online forum for car enthusiasts. All other trademarks are property of their respective owners.

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

842 Pages V « < 250 251 252 253 254 > »   
Reply to this topicStart new topic
> what did you do to your 914 today
kid914
post Nov 9 2014, 08:24 PM
Post #5021

ALWAYS lead...NEVER follow!!!!

Group: Members
Member No.: 12,811
Region Association: Canada

I took my battery out and stored for winter (IMG:style_emoticons/default/hissyfit.gif)
User is offlineProfile CardPM
Go to the top of the page
+Quote Post
'73-914kid
post Nov 9 2014, 09:48 PM
Post #5022

Member No.: 9,714
Region Association: Southern California

Beat the snot out of it chasing down Pat Long, Chad Mcqueen, and the usual Rgruppe suspects around the Palm Springs/ Idyllwild area.. we terrorized Palm springs the entire weekend (IMG:style_emoticons/default/biggrin.gif)
(IMG:http://www.914world.com/bbs2/uploads_offsite/farm4.staticflickr.com-9714-1415591295.1.jpg)
+Quote Post
euro911
post Nov 9 2014, 11:18 PM
Post #5023

Retired & living the dream. God help me if I wake up!

Member No.: 7,300

QUOTE('73-914kid @ Nov 9 2014, 07:48 PM) *
Beat the snot out of it chasing down Pat Long, Chad Mcqueen, and the usual Rgruppe suspects around the Palm Springs/ Idyllwild area.. we terrorized Palm springs the entire weekend (IMG:style_emoticons/default/biggrin.gif)
(IMG:http://www.914world.com/bbs2/uploads_offsite/farm4.staticflickr.com-9714-1415591295.1.jpg)
Love it (IMG:style_emoticons/default/laugh.gif)

(IMG:style_emoticons/default/beerchug.gif)

I had to install and wire up a cut-off switch to an electronic device in the 'BB' that draws power even when it's turned off (IMG:style_emoticons/default/dry.gif) ... then I installed a new Interstate battery that I had recently purchased. Unfortunately, I discovered that the battery was just 'that much' too tall when I attempted to close the engine lid (IMG:style_emoticons/default/headbang.gif)

Oh well ... the battery will fit my Tacoma or the Westy, so no biggie. Started the old 'BB' up and let her purr for several minutes and tested out my wiring wizardry ... all is well.

Later that evening ...

I went on line and bit the bullet - ordered an Odyssey PC-925 battery from JEGS Performance ($155. no tax & free shipping) (IMG:style_emoticons/default/biggrin.gif) ... also ordered a set of brass SAE battery terminals for it.
+Quote Post
SKL1
post Nov 9 2014, 11:55 PM
Post #5024

Member No.: 12,732
Region Association: Upper MidWest

Body shop who did the body work and paint did it- practiced first on an old engine lid. They have a die or mold etc to make loovers. Happy with how it turned out.

BTW euro, love that blue long hood in the foreground!!!
+Quote Post
euro911
post Nov 10 2014, 12:51 PM
Post #5025

QUOTE(SKL1 @ Nov 9 2014, 09:55 PM) *
Body shop who did the body work and paint did it- practiced first on an old engine lid. They have a die or mold etc to make loovers. Happy with how it turned out.

BTW euro, love that blue long hood in the foreground!!!
Ethan posted that pic, I just commented on his outstanding achievement at the event, however, (IMG:style_emoticons/default/agree.gif) with you. I've had a soft spot in my heart for long hood/SWB 911/912s since I was 10 years old (IMG:style_emoticons/default/smile.gif)
+Quote Post
1stworks
post Nov 10 2014, 07:31 PM
Post #5026

Member No.: 15,718
Region Association: None

QUOTE(SKL1 @ Nov 9 2014, 05:28 PM) *

lousy iphone pic- put on engine lid- did a little "outlaw" addition as the car will live in AZ... like how it came out!

Super cool!
+Quote Post
dale73914
post Nov 11 2014, 06:27 AM
Post #5027

Member No.: 13,562
Region Association: Australia and New Zealand

Entered a local car show ( last Sunday ) , and sat in the sun for 5 hours slow baking.....

Great day, apart from the sunburn.

Pics here if anyone is interested. Some Australian cars you guys probably wont have seen too (IMG:style_emoticons/default/smile.gif)

https://www.facebook.com/media/set/?set=a.1...mp;l=352096b20a

Attached image(s)
Attached Image
+Quote Post
BeatNavy
post Nov 11 2014, 06:41 AM
Post #5028

Certified Professional Scapegoat

Member No.: 17,042
Region Association: MidAtlantic Region

QUOTE(dale73914 @ Nov 11 2014, 07:27 AM) *

Entered a local car show ( last Sunday ) , and sat in the sun for 5 hours slow baking.....

Great day, apart from the sunburn.

Pics here if anyone is interested. Some Australian cars you guys probably wont have seen too (IMG:style_emoticons/default/smile.gif)

https://www.facebook.com/media/set/?set=a.1...mp;l=352096b20a

In the background I see "Bake House." Is that a description of the event?

Pretty sweet, even if I don't see an Amphibicar there (IMG:style_emoticons/default/smile.gif) . Some pretty cool and exotic cars (and the bike with a covered sidecar!). After 5 hours in the sun I'm sure it was refreshing to jump back into your teener with the black interior and blast the A/C (IMG:style_emoticons/default/blink.gif) On the bright side, parts of the US are already getting over a foot of snow this week...
+Quote Post
poorsche914
post Nov 11 2014, 12:41 PM
Post #5029

T4 Supercharged

Member No.: 10,419
Region Association: South East States

Enjoying the last few days of awesome weather before the cold hits. Guess it's time to get the heat hooked up. (IMG:style_emoticons/default/dry.gif)

Went to lunch and the order-taker asked about my 914 (IMG:style_emoticons/default/smile.gif)
Got back to the office and as a guy was leaving he asked "Is that a 914?" (IMG:style_emoticons/default/confused24.gif)
I told him "yes" and he told me his parents had a '76 back when he was teenager. (IMG:style_emoticons/default/aktion035.gif)

So... had two (IMG:style_emoticons/default/thumb3d.gif) in the span of an hour.

Also... shipped flywheel and clutch kit to Jake so he can finish up my 2056 (IMG:style_emoticons/default/happy11.gif)

(IMG:style_emoticons/default/driving.gif)
+Quote Post
JawjaPorsche
post Nov 11 2014, 02:06 PM
Post #5030

Advanced Member

Member No.: 13,351

Drove my teener into town this morning. A car followed me into the bank parking lot. The driver got out and said he had a 73 red just like mine. His was a 2.0 and my is a 1.7. We even bought it at the same dealership: Northlake Porsche Audi in Tucker, Georgia! He said he wished he still had it. He said he had vapor lock issues and the dealership moved the fuel pump to the front and solved the issues

Attached image(s)
Attached Image
+Quote Post
euro911
post Nov 11 2014, 02:21 PM
Post #5031

QUOTE(JawjaPorsche @ Nov 11 2014, 12:06 PM) *
Drove my teener into town this morning. A car followed me into the bank parking lot. The driver got out and said he had a 73 red just like mine. His was a 2.0 and my is a 1.7. We even bought it at the same dealership: Northlake Porsche Audi in Tucker, Georgia! He said he wished he still had it. He said he had vapor lock issues and the dealership moved the fuel pump to the front and solved the issues
How's that for coincidence (IMG:style_emoticons/default/blink.gif)

Is that the original paint?

EDIT:

Since installation of the GoWesty lift springs on the Westfalia is one of those jobs you only want to do once, I decided to order all new bushing kits (F&R) for her, after all, the original rubber IS 30 years old. The front kit arrived today, hoping the rear kit will show up tomorrow (IMG:style_emoticons/default/confused24.gif)

It looks like rain again today, so the 'BB is still under cover (also, I can't close the engine lid until the Odyssey battery is delivered) (IMG:style_emoticons/default/dry.gif)

Attached Image
+Quote Post
wobbletop
post Nov 11 2014, 02:36 PM
Post #5032

Member No.: 7,335
Region Association: Canada

Stored it for the winter. (IMG:style_emoticons/default/sad.gif)
+Quote Post
JawjaPorsche
post Nov 11 2014, 04:21 PM
Post #5033

Advanced Member

Member No.: 13,351

QUOTE(euro911 @ Nov 11 2014, 03:21 PM) *

QUOTE(JawjaPorsche @ Nov 11 2014, 12:06 PM) *
How's that for coincidence (IMG:style_emoticons/default/blink.gif)

Is that the original paint?

EDIT:

Since installation of the GoWesty lift springs on the Westfalia is one of those jobs you only want to do once, I decided to order all new bushing kits (F&R) for her, after all, the original rubber IS 30 years old. The front kit arrived today, hoping the rear kit will show up tomorrow (IMG:style_emoticons/default/confused24.gif)

It looks like rain again today, so the 'BB is still under cover (also, I can't close the engine lid until the Odyssey battery is delivered) (IMG:style_emoticons/default/dry.gif)

Attached Image

I painted the teener in 1982.
+Quote Post
altitude411
post Nov 11 2014, 05:33 PM
Post #5034

I drove my 6 into a tree

Member No.: 17,932
Region Association: Rocky Mountains

got the harness out of the six. Anyone who has done this (IMG:style_emoticons/default/thumb3d.gif) I applaud you & anyone who has put one back in I admire you... (IMG:style_emoticons/default/pray.gif) (IMG:style_emoticons/default/pray.gif) (IMG:style_emoticons/default/pray.gif)

Attached image(s)
Attached Image
+Quote Post
altitude411
post Nov 11 2014, 11:10 PM
Post #5035

I drove my 6 into a tree

Member No.: 17,932

What kinda schrooms are you growin down there? Is that some kind of magic organic potting soil? (IMG:style_emoticons/default/piratenanner.gif)

Attached image(s)
Attached Image
+Quote Post
euro911
post Nov 12 2014, 01:55 AM
Post #5036

(IMG:style_emoticons/default/laugh.gif)
+Quote Post
eyesright
post Nov 12 2014, 02:50 PM
Post #5037

Member No.: 13,979
Region Association: Southwest Region

Several months ago I installed front trunk struts from Camp 914. Today I finished installing rear trunk lid struts. Ignore the junk in the trunk.

Attached Image

The instructions say to cut out a small area of the sheet metal which you can see. I also had to bend some of the sheet metal in toward the trunk to clear the top of the strut.

Attached Image

BTW the struts are great, the price is right, don't waste your time trying to put a kit together on your own, the instructions are clear (for us stupid taxpayers), but the pictures in the instructions...ahhh, not so much. Take a last look at the photos on the Camp 914 website before you start and things will go well.

+Quote Post
eyesright
post Nov 12 2014, 02:52 PM
Post #5038

Member No.: 13,979
Region Association: Southwest Region

This -6 conversion project is coming together. One of these days I hope to start it. For now I'll go back out and clean the junk out of the trunk.

Attached Image
+Quote Post
ndfrigi
post Nov 12 2014, 04:26 PM
Post #5039

Advanced Member

Member No.: 13,474

Last week removed the engine from 72 1.7 megasquirt and this morning i was able to remove the passenger side rear suspension and cleaned for removal of broken suspension console. Next week start installing the new console. And drove the 75 1.8 for some errands this morning with a nice weather here in Orange county.

Attached Image
Attached Image
+Quote Post
Kansas 914
post Nov 12 2014, 04:29 PM
Post #5040

Advanced Member

Member No.: 373

Went for a hamburger at lunch. 40 miles away and 11,000' in elevation.

Attached Image
+Quote Post

842 Pages V « < 250 251 252 253 254 > » 
Reply to this topicStart new topic
2 User(s) are reading this topic (2 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

- Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 28th April 2024 - 04:52 PM