Home  |  Forums  |  914 Info  |  Blogs

914World.com - The fastest growing online 914 community!

Porsche, and the Porsche crest are registered trademarks of Dr. Ing. h.c. F. Porsche AG. This site is not affiliated with Porsche in any way.
Its only purpose is to provide an online forum for car enthusiasts. All other trademarks are property of their respective owners.

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

843 Pages V « < 252 253 254 255 256 > »   
Reply to this topicStart new topic
> what did you do to your 914 today
JawjaPorsche
post Nov 21 2014, 05:14 AM
Post #5061

Advanced Member

Group: Members
Member No.: 13,351
Region Association: South East States

QUOTE(dale73914 @ Nov 21 2014, 03:44 AM) *

Had a day off work today ( I refuse to work on my birthday (IMG:style_emoticons/default/smile.gif) ) so finally got to do some things I wanted to do , instead of chores and ferrying kids around ).

Made up the backing plate and installed onto the dash.
To not ruin anything, I used a super strong outdoor grade 3M Velcro dor all the attachments.

The allen head nuts have been cut down in length ad epoxied onto the propeller plate (IMG:style_emoticons/default/smile.gif)

Have a great weekend everyone !!
Dale

Wow! Right hand drive Teener!
User is offlineProfile CardPM
Go to the top of the page
+Quote Post
DRPHIL914
post Nov 21 2014, 01:01 PM
Post #5062

Dr. Phil

Member No.: 11,106

(IMG:style_emoticons/default/driving.gif) to work! 40 degrees this morning, started on the first turn which is a big deal since i was having some issues a few weeks ago- (IMG:style_emoticons/default/piratenanner.gif)
+Quote Post
euro911
post Nov 21 2014, 11:49 PM
Post #5063

Retired & living the dream. God help me if I wake up!

Member No.: 7,300
Region Association: Southern California

QUOTE(914Sixer @ Nov 16 2014, 04:48 PM) *
Rebuilt and polished up the distributor. The polished look makes it work better (IMG:style_emoticons/default/biggrin.gif)
Hope you sprayed it with a clear coat, Mark (IMG:style_emoticons/default/confused24.gif) ... I think you polished all the plating off (IMG:style_emoticons/default/poke.gif) ... Actually cleaning up the cap (inside and out) will make it work better, by improving your spark path (no carbon trails to ground) (IMG:style_emoticons/default/cool_shades.gif)

Dropped off some more little parts for the Vanagon suspension work. Looking good so far (IMG:style_emoticons/default/smile.gif)

Attached Image

The 'BB': Found out the OEM battery clamp isn't going to work with the Odyssey battery (IMG:style_emoticons/default/dry.gif) ... so fab'd an aluminium bracket and installed a fancy-schmanchy battery terminal (IMG:style_emoticons/default/drooley.gif)

Attached Image

Tightened up all the hose clamps in the engine bay, took it for a test drive and filled the tank. It still runs pretty good (for the moment) (IMG:style_emoticons/default/biggrin.gif)
+Quote Post
76-914
post Nov 22 2014, 09:33 AM
Post #5064

Repeat Offender & Resident Subaru Antagonist

Member No.: 9,964

QUOTE(euro911 @ Nov 21 2014, 09:49 PM) *

QUOTE(914Sixer @ Nov 16 2014, 04:48 PM) *
Rebuilt and polished up the distributor. The polished look makes it work better (IMG:style_emoticons/default/biggrin.gif)
Hope you sprayed it with a clear coat, Mark (IMG:style_emoticons/default/confused24.gif) ... I think you polished all the plating off (IMG:style_emoticons/default/poke.gif) ... Actually cleaning up the cap (inside and out) will make it work better, by improving your spark path (no carbon trails to ground) (IMG:style_emoticons/default/cool_shades.gif)

Dropped off some more little parts for the Vanagon suspension work. Looking good so far (IMG:style_emoticons/default/smile.gif)

Attached Image

The 'BB': Found out the OEM battery clamp isn't going to work with the Odyssey battery (IMG:style_emoticons/default/dry.gif) ... so fab'd an aluminium bracket and installed a fancy-schmanchy battery terminal (IMG:style_emoticons/default/drooley.gif)

Attached Image

Tightened up all the hose clamps in the engine bay, took it for a test drive and filled the tank. It still runs pretty good (for the moment) (IMG:style_emoticons/default/biggrin.gif)

I see fireworks somewhere in your near future. (IMG:style_emoticons/default/new_shocked.gif)
+Quote Post
euro911
post Nov 22 2014, 10:57 AM
Post #5065

There's a thick rubber pad on top and the battery doesn't budge, but I appreciate your concern (IMG:style_emoticons/default/cool_shades.gif)
+Quote Post
euro911
post Nov 23 2014, 11:02 AM
Post #5066

Washed the 'BB' and drove up to 'The Pizza Place' in San Dimas for a late lunch with a group of friends yesterday. It was a 100 mile R/T, but all freeways (IMG:style_emoticons/default/dry.gif)

I really need to get over to the shop - I'm still running around with a loose front valance on the passenger side and no side rocker panels at all.
+Quote Post
Harpo
post Nov 23 2014, 04:42 PM
Post #5067

Member No.: 13,469
Region Association: None

The DAPO cut some wires and all he did was strip some insulation back and twist the wire back together. Today I soldere and shrink wrapped them back together

David
+Quote Post
URY914
post Nov 23 2014, 06:14 PM
Post #5068

I built the lightest 914 in the history of mankind.
****************************************************************************************************

Member No.: 222

I walked by mine about 7 times today.
+Quote Post
Olympic 914
post Nov 23 2014, 06:33 PM
Post #5069

Member No.: 13,287
Region Association: North East States

QUOTE(euro911 @ Nov 22 2014, 12:49 AM) *

Found out the OEM battery clamp isn't going to work with the Odyssey battery (IMG:style_emoticons/default/dry.gif) ... so fab'd an aluminium bracket and installed a fancy-schmanchy battery terminal (IMG:style_emoticons/default/drooley.gif)

Attached Image

That battery looks lost there, I thought it looked familiar though. after a little look it is the same size battery I have in my Harley FLHTC. not the stock battery for it. In the bike it lays on its side.
+Quote Post
euro911
post Nov 23 2014, 09:28 PM
Post #5070

QUOTE(Olympic 1.7 @ Nov 23 2014, 04:33 PM) *
[quote That battery looks lost there, I thought it looked familiar though. after a little look it is the same size battery I have in my Harley FLHTC. not the stock battery for it. In the bike it lays on its side.
Yeah it's pretty small, especially when compared to the Tundra battery I tried to stuff in there. It's what Odyssey calls out for for a 914 though and it works great. I want to fabricate a plastic waterproof cover for it, so I left some headroom in the bracket.

Pulled out the engine compartment side grilles today 'cause they were rusting up again. Plan to blast and repaint them ... but not sure if I'll repaint them silver or go back to black this time (IMG:style_emoticons/default/idea.gif)

Attached Image

I had forgotten how much of a pain in the arse getting the speed-nuts off of the side grilles was and I destroyed most of them in the process ... what IS the best method for removing them? (IMG:style_emoticons/default/confused24.gif)

(IMG:style_emoticons/default/popcorn[1].gif)
+Quote Post
914bub
post Nov 23 2014, 09:38 PM
Post #5071

Member No.: 16,260

walked past mine again as I was pulling the Harley out. Sick of freezing my B@lls off, I soooo wanna drive this thing!
+Quote Post
76-914
post Nov 24 2014, 09:30 PM
Post #5072

Repeat Offender & Resident Subaru Antagonist

Member No.: 9,964

Installed a shifter boot then noticed I had installed the knob on bassakwards, (IMG:style_emoticons/default/lol-2.gif)

Attached Image

Next, installed this black plastic Suby factory plastic battery tray liner (look close). Couldn't believe that it fit my homemade battery tray. (IMG:style_emoticons/default/biggrin.gif)

Attached Image
+Quote Post
JawjaPorsche
post Nov 25 2014, 06:20 AM
Post #5073

Advanced Member

Member No.: 13,351

We had Arctic like conditions last week. Today we had spring like conditions!

So I took top off and drove teener into town.

Snow flurries forecast in two days! No wonder we are all sick

Attached image(s)
Attached Image
+Quote Post
euro911
post Nov 26 2014, 02:28 AM
Post #5074

Drove the 'BB' to a doctor's appt., then down to my shop to grab some Vanagon parts, then over to Automeister to drop off the parts off and check the progress on Eileen.

The front suspension upgrade is completed, they were installing new evap and fuel hoses while I was there and the fuel tank was ready to go back in today. The rear suspension upgrade, rear main seal and tranny seals are scheduled for next week ... and an engine analysis and performance tune if needed.

As I backed into the driveway, heard some strange noise coming from the rear end (IMG:style_emoticons/default/sad.gif) ... It only appears to make the noise in reverse (IMG:style_emoticons/default/confused24.gif)

Guess I need to get it on the lift this w/e to see WTF is going on (IMG:style_emoticons/default/dry.gif)
+Quote Post
napasteve
post Nov 26 2014, 04:25 PM
Post #5075

914 driving winemaker

Member No.: 15,327
Region Association: Northern California

Are 914's that small or are these pumpkins getting a lot bigger???
Attached Image
+Quote Post
JStroud
post Nov 27 2014, 10:52 AM
Post #5076

Member No.: 12,594
Region Association: Northern California

Finally got some shop time yesterday, hadn't done anything since I unloaded the 3.2, found out my shop heater works awesome. (IMG:style_emoticons/default/piratenanner.gif)

Started getting the engine ready for the 914, removed the main harness and air box, removed the tin and exhaust, removed the flywheel to take and have checked/surfaced/balanced. Removed the oil cooler to have modified. Its a start... (IMG:style_emoticons/default/smash.gif)

What I started with

Attached Image

Stripped down and on the stand.

Attached Image

Now just some clean up, a tune up, a bunch of $$$ for parts, and in the car it goes. (IMG:style_emoticons/default/driving.gif)

+Quote Post
SixerJ
post Nov 29 2014, 02:33 PM
Post #5077

Member No.: 16,042
Region Association: England

Took delivery of a box of seals and other hard parts for the -6 GT project, including some steel......more ticks in the 'in stock' column of the spreadsheet (IMG:style_emoticons/default/piratenanner.gif)

Attached Image
+Quote Post
euro911
post Nov 29 2014, 04:38 PM
Post #5078

Stopped by FedEx to pick up the '68 911/912 steelies that I purchases from Jeff (clipapex) (IMG:style_emoticons/default/smile.gif)

Received the re-plated rear trailing arm pivot shafts I purchased from Clark (malcolm2) too (IMG:style_emoticons/default/smile.gif) (IMG:style_emoticons/default/smile.gif) - (More good stuff for my wife's '71 restoration)
+Quote Post
fixer34
post Nov 29 2014, 05:11 PM
Post #5079

Member No.: 17,908
Region Association: Upper MidWest

Not so much TO as WITH. First day above 50 degrees in the last 2 weeks (and probably not many more for a while..). Finally got my insurance card with the new coverage, so I took her out for a little run. Started slow around the neighborhood, then a couple mile run up and back on the freeway. I almost forgot how much fun a cloverleaf is with these cars. Just long enough to get both our 'blood' flowing good. Hoping for at least the upper 40's tomorrow and get her out again.
+Quote Post
Cuda911
post Nov 29 2014, 09:14 PM
Post #5080

Member No.: 17,376

Took the "new" '73 to Cars and Coffee in Carlsbad today for it's first public introduction. Then stopped by TC's Garage in Vista and picked up some parts. Then spent the rest of the day removing paint overspray. The car was painted in 1986 by the previous owner, and nothing was masked off. I have quite to project to clean this car up. Today, cleaned the paint off the latch cups, the front hood latch, the rear trunk latch, and lots of little other misc items. Also, replaced the plastic and rubber targa top holders with brand new ones.

The pix with blue paint on the parts are "before," the cleaned up ones are "after."

Attached image(s)
Attached Image Attached Image Attached Image Attached Image Attached Image Attached Image Attached Image
+Quote Post

843 Pages V « < 252 253 254 255 256 > » 
Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

- Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 14th May 2024 - 01:53 AM