Home  |  Forums  |  914 Info  |  Blogs

914World.com - The fastest growing online 914 community!

Porsche, and the Porsche crest are registered trademarks of Dr. Ing. h.c. F. Porsche AG. This site is not affiliated with Porsche in any way.
Its only purpose is to provide an online forum for car enthusiasts. All other trademarks are property of their respective owners.

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

843 Pages V « < 276 277 278 279 280 > »   
Reply to this topicStart new topic
> what did you do to your 914 today
Porschef
post Mar 8 2015, 01:20 PM
Post #5541

How you doin'

Group: Members
Member No.: 12,152
Region Association: North East States

I started it, for the first time in over two months. Actually hit 43 degrees today, feeling very spring like. Pulled the coil wire, cranked a few times to build up a little fuel and oil pressure, and she fired right up (IMG:style_emoticons/default/piratenanner.gif)

Don't dare venture out, roads are still salt and slush covered, but man, it felt good...
User is offlineProfile CardPM
Go to the top of the page
+Quote Post
AndyB
post Mar 8 2015, 01:49 PM
Post #5542

The Governor is watching me

Member No.: 11,595
Region Association: North East States

Looked at them and shook my head. Then started working on the rotisserie. (IMG:style_emoticons/default/welder.gif)
+Quote Post
Larmo63
post Mar 8 2015, 02:19 PM
Post #5543

Advanced Member

Member No.: 17,068
Region Association: Southern California

Went to the swap meet at the Phoenix Club in Anaheim. Wow, I bought some cool stuff and there were hundreds of beautiful Porsches of all types. The 914 contingency turned up about thirty cars. Speedy ran great and is a real trooper.
+Quote Post
majkos
post Mar 8 2015, 05:19 PM
Post #5544

Member No.: 1,729
Region Association: Rocky Mountains

Thanks to you all, doing sumthin' 914, while i'm sitting on my phat ass,
Motivated me to on next stage at Mile High 914,
Have many "work in progress" too many to mention, (IMG:style_emoticons/default/wacko.gif)
I'm going to dive in and get something going!!

Gonna move a mountain!! one stone at a time. (IMG:style_emoticons/default/biggrin.gif)
+Quote Post
JawjaPorsche
post Mar 8 2015, 05:41 PM
Post #5545

Advanced Member

Member No.: 13,351
Region Association: South East States

Drove my teener 50 miles roundtrip to see the movie, McFarland. A very good movie which is true too! (IMG:style_emoticons/default/biggrin.gif)

Top off going. (IMG:style_emoticons/default/biggrin.gif) Top on coming back! (IMG:style_emoticons/default/sad.gif)
+Quote Post
anderssj
post Mar 8 2015, 07:18 PM
Post #5546

Dog is my copilot...

Member No.: 207
Region Association: MidAtlantic Region

QUOTE(Mueller @ Mar 8 2015, 03:59 AM) *

I didn't work on the 914 directly (IMG:style_emoticons/default/sad.gif)

I did however make some parts to sell that will help fund the near future repairs it needs.

Adapter plates for Volvo T5? (IMG:style_emoticons/default/w00t.gif)
+Quote Post
Mueller
post Mar 8 2015, 07:21 PM
Post #5547

914 Freak!

Member No.: 87
Region Association: None

QUOTE(anderssj @ Mar 8 2015, 05:18 PM) *

QUOTE(Mueller @ Mar 8 2015, 03:59 AM) *

I didn't work on the 914 directly (IMG:style_emoticons/default/sad.gif)

I did however make some parts to sell that will help fund the near future repairs it needs.

Adapter plates for Volvo T5? (IMG:style_emoticons/default/w00t.gif)

Yep....

I have material for I think 10 of them, after that someone else can make them!

Attached Image

+Quote Post
DRPHIL914
post Mar 8 2015, 07:50 PM
Post #5548

Dr. Phil

Member No.: 11,106

Painted another wheel today.
Last one took forever to cure and harden so this one i thinned just a little and I added a curing agent, japan dryer. 2 down and 3 to go.

I taped off the back holes, leveled the wheel over a basin and poured the paint in until it was up to the level of the original paint line.
I will post more pictures after its dry

Attached thumbnail(s)
Attached Image
+Quote Post
lonewolfe
post Mar 8 2015, 08:00 PM
Post #5549

Member No.: 13,549
Region Association: Northern California

QUOTE(Philip W. @ Mar 8 2015, 05:50 PM) *

Last one took forever to cure and harden so this one i thinned just a little and I added a curing agent, japan dryer. 2 down and 3 to go.

I taped off the back holes, leveled the wheel over a basin and poured the paint in until it was up to the level of the original paint line.

Did you tape off the inside of the holes where the nuts go? Those ball seat nuts need to seat metal to metal. Other than that it looks like they'll look great. I look foward to seeing them when completed. I have a set to do as welll!
+Quote Post
DRPHIL914
post Mar 8 2015, 08:37 PM
Post #5550

Dr. Phil

Member No.: 11,106

QUOTE(lonewolfe @ Mar 8 2015, 10:00 PM) *

Did you tape off the inside of the holes where the nuts go? Those ball seat nuts need to seat metal to metal. Other than that it looks like they'll look great. I look foward to seeing them when completed. I have a set to do as welll!

Should have, but after it drained iwiped them out.
+Quote Post
euro911
post Mar 9 2015, 12:42 AM
Post #5551

Retired & living the dream. God help me if I wake up!

Member No.: 7,300

Nice (IMG:style_emoticons/default/smile.gif)
+Quote Post
euro911
post Mar 9 2015, 01:49 AM
Post #5552

Retired & living the dream. God help me if I wake up!

Member No.: 7,300

QUOTE(Larmo63 @ Mar 8 2015, 12:19 PM) *
Went to the swap meet at the Phoenix Club in Anaheim. Wow, I bought some cool stuff and there were hundreds of beautiful Porsches of all types. The 914 contingency turned up about thirty cars. Speedy ran great and is a real trooper.
Wished I could have made it. I woke up around 5 and my back was still bugging me, so I went back to bed (IMG:style_emoticons/default/yellowsleep[1].gif)

I got up again around 10 and drove the 'BB' to get my 'late' morning coffee. Much later in the day and after medicating, I [carefully] loaded a bunch of boxes of car parts into the Vanagon. Most are parts for my wife's '71 restoration and "have no business sitting around the house" (at least that's what she said) (IMG:style_emoticons/default/laugh.gif)

Attached Image

Going back in time, G e o r g e came by the shop on Friday to take the tour and pick up a seat. He also helped me loaded up a cherry-picker hoist to bring home. There's 4 engines that need to get over to the shop, (1) T4, (1) 901 and (2) 616s), and having the hoist here will allow me get them loaded up into the Vanagon easier. I can borrow a hoist from a neighboring shop to unload and hoist them up onto their respective engine stands (IMG:style_emoticons/default/smile.gif)

Then the fun begins ... tearing them apart and/or reassembling them (IMG:style_emoticons/default/chowtime.gif)
+Quote Post
Mr.242
post Mar 9 2015, 08:14 AM
Post #5553

May your glass be smaller so it's always FULL!

Member No.: 9,160
Region Association: Pacific Northwest

Took mine out to Home Depot yesterday To buy fertilizer and de-moss'er for the yard. This crazy damp PNW winter has moss growing like crazy. Car running amazing and cool weather for top off.

Today I am taking it to a meeting. Dressed in a shirt and a tie.
When was the last time you drove your 914 wearing a tie? Pinky up! I hope I see a 911. (IMG:style_emoticons/default/driving.gif)
+Quote Post
struckn
post Mar 9 2015, 02:05 PM
Post #5554

Member No.: 13,764
Region Association: MidAtlantic Region

Perfect day to dig her out of the Garage I keep it in during the winter.

I had to cut a path 200 ft long, 6 ft wide, in the 10-14 inch high snow from the garage to the road. The path is unpaved lawn, with Ice under the packed snow. It's 50 degrees today and things are starting to melt quickly so today was the time to do it before the lawn under the snow and ice turns to mud.

There's a slight incline and I thought if this was front wheel drive car it would be an easy drive. So, I backed it out in reverse the entire way! Worked great to my surprise.

She fired right up with the second turn of the key and ran perfectly for the first time since being stored last fall. I only drove it a short distance to the other garage we have which is attached to the house. Can't take it any where yet cause the roads are salted and there's lots of run off of the melting snow on the roads. But once the melt is over and some expected rain hits us this week things will dry out and the salt will be gone.

Ready for Hershey, I put new Sachs Boge Shocks and Struts on her over the winter and can't wait to see how much they improve the ride over the KYB's I took off.(IMG:http://www.914world.com/bbs2/uploads_offsite/i1210.photobucket.com-13764-1425932385.1.jpg)]My Webpage[/url] (IMG:http://www.914world.com/bbs2/uploads_offsite/i1210.photobucket.com-13764-1425932385.2.jpg)]My Webpage[/url]
+Quote Post
JawjaPorsche
post Mar 9 2015, 02:57 PM
Post #5555

Advanced Member

Member No.: 13,351

QUOTE(struckn @ Mar 9 2015, 04:05 PM) *

Perfect day to dig her out of the Garage I keep it in during the winter.

I had to cut a path 200 ft long, 6 ft wide, in the 10-14 inch high snow from the garage to the road. The path is unpaved lawn, with Ice under the packed snow. It's 50 degrees today and things are starting to melt quickly so today was the time to do it before the lawn under the snow and ice turns to mud.

There's a slight incline and I thought if this was front wheel drive car it would be an easy drive. So, I backed it out in reverse the entire way! Worked great to my surprise.

She fired right up with the second turn of the key and ran perfectly for the first time since being stored last fall. I only drove it a short distance to the other garage we have which is attached to the house. Can't take it any where yet cause the roads are salted and there's lots of run off of the melting snow on the roads. But once the melt is over and some expected rain hits us this week things will dry out and the salt will be gone.

Ready for Hershey, I put new Sachs Boge Shocks and Struts on her over the winter and can't wait to see how much they improve the ride over the KYB's I took off.(IMG:http://www.914world.com/bbs2/uploads_offsite/i1210.photobucket.com-13764-1425932385.1.jpg)]My Webpage[/url] (IMG:http://www.914world.com/bbs2/uploads_offsite/i1210.photobucket.com-13764-1425932385.2.jpg)]My Webpage[/url]

Love zambezi green! A color that looks perfect on a 914 or 911 but not any other car! (IMG:style_emoticons/default/beerchug.gif)
+Quote Post
Mr.242
post Mar 9 2015, 09:59 PM
Post #5556

May your glass be smaller so it's always FULL!

Member No.: 9,160
Region Association: Pacific Northwest

Attached Image

The end result of a beautiful Seattle day! Despite being in a meeting ALL day. I got the drive in (top off and head cold) and back home with a nice evening drive. Good for my soul.
+Quote Post
Hank914
post Mar 9 2015, 11:30 PM
Post #5557

Member No.: 17,215

QUOTE(Mr.242 @ Mar 9 2015, 07:59 PM) *

Attached Image

The end result of a beautiful Seattle day! Despite being in a meeting ALL day. I got the drive in (top off and head cold) and back home with a nice evening drive. Good for my soul.

(IMG:style_emoticons/default/agree.gif)

Good for the soul. Yesterday I drove 550 miles in 8-9 hours, first 3 hours topless. No head cold, but did get sunburned since I forgot my driving hat. Only got 31mpg.

Topless is always good for the soul.
+Quote Post
sdoolin
post Mar 10 2015, 12:16 PM
Post #5558

Member No.: 17,299

Drove it. In the rain! Only had it since Jan and had not been out in rainy weather yet. So I wanted to see if she leaked anywhere. Other than needing new wiper blades, all dry on the inside. Frunk a little wet, Trunk dry as a bone, engine compartment a little wet (I am running rain tray).

Attached Image

Now - I GOTTA work on those mismatched headlight surrounds...
+Quote Post
SirAndy
post Mar 10 2015, 12:19 PM
Post #5559

Resident German

Group: Admin
Member No.: 179
Region Association: Northern California

(IMG:style_emoticons/default/driving.gif)
+Quote Post
iamchappy
post Mar 10 2015, 12:57 PM
Post #5560

It all happens so fast!

Member No.: 1,315
Region Association: Upper MidWest

Started it up and pulled it out of the garage to do a little garage clean up.
+Quote Post

843 Pages V « < 276 277 278 279 280 > » 
Reply to this topicStart new topic
2 User(s) are reading this topic (2 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

- Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 15th May 2024 - 12:14 PM