Home  |  Forums  |  914 Info  |  Blogs

914World.com - The fastest growing online 914 community!

Porsche, and the Porsche crest are registered trademarks of Dr. Ing. h.c. F. Porsche AG. This site is not affiliated with Porsche in any way.
Its only purpose is to provide an online forum for car enthusiasts. All other trademarks are property of their respective owners.

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

842 Pages V « < 301 302 303 304 305 > »   
Reply to this topicStart new topic
> what did you do to your 914 today
JStroud
post May 31 2015, 06:23 PM
Post #6041

Group: Members
Member No.: 12,594
Region Association: Northern California

(IMG:style_emoticons/default/driving.gif)
User is offlineProfile CardPM
Go to the top of the page
+Quote Post
Andyrew
post May 31 2015, 06:42 PM
Post #6042

Spooling.... Please wait

Member No.: 172

QUOTE(Mike Bellis @ May 30 2015, 07:55 PM) *

Did you buy another radiator? (IMG:style_emoticons/default/biggrin.gif)
+Quote Post
914itis
post May 31 2015, 07:37 PM
Post #6043

Advanced Member

Member No.: 12,256
Region Association: North East States

Drove it yesterday , had lunch with porshef and my other half.
Changed the oil , fuel filter.
+Quote Post
euro911
post May 31 2015, 09:29 PM
Post #6044

Retired & living the dream. God help me if I wake up!

Member No.: 7,300
Region Association: Southern California

Looking for another property with a house for the Mrs. and a garage for the P-cars. We found a place that she likes, and a plus for me, it comes with a huge garage (IMG:style_emoticons/default/aktion035.gif)

Attached Image
+Quote Post
zambezi
post May 31 2015, 10:34 PM
Post #6045

Member No.: 8,920
Region Association: South East States

That is huge. Not tall enough for a lift, but very spacious.
+Quote Post
euro911
post Jun 1 2015, 12:03 AM
Post #6046

With an 8' ceiling, can't get the full capacity of a 4-post, but then again I'm not that tall (IMG:style_emoticons/default/laugh.gif)

If we buy the place, I could center the lift, open up the ceiling and re-frame the ceiling joists to allow for more headroom if need be (IMG:style_emoticons/default/confused24.gif)

In addition, there's outdoor parking for about 20 more cars on the property (IMG:style_emoticons/default/blink.gif) ... It's a car guy's heaven (IMG:style_emoticons/default/biggrin.gif)
+Quote Post
mgp4591
post Jun 1 2015, 12:22 AM
Post #6047

914 Guru

Member No.: 14,748
Region Association: Intermountain Region

Not to be disparaging at all (after meeting you at WRC, you're a hoot to hang with!) you could probably get a smaller lift and get a good rolling work chair, low profile type and work just fine! I've used one under big trucks when the overhead clearance wasn't ideal and they work great. Nice shop though- you could even rent some space out!
+Quote Post
Cuda911
post Jun 1 2015, 12:35 AM
Post #6048

Member No.: 17,376

Fixed the visors on my '73. The driver's side kept falling off, and the passenger side kept flopping down. All set now. (IMG:style_emoticons/default/smile.gif)
+Quote Post
euro911
post Jun 1 2015, 12:42 AM
Post #6049

Yeah, this year's WCR was a real blast (IMG:style_emoticons/default/party.gif)

I have a mid-rise lift too, but I'll probably leave it here in CA - only plan to be out of state on & off about half the year anyway (mostly summer months).

Wife says we'll have to get rid of the shop we're currently leasing so we can afford it - no problem, we'll be thinning the herd a bit and more than half the cars will reside at the new place.

Hey Elliot, the municipal airport (PRC) is only 10 miles away (IMG:style_emoticons/default/poke.gif)
+Quote Post
sdoolin
post Jun 1 2015, 06:25 AM
Post #6050

Member No.: 17,299
Region Association: None

Clay bar, wash, wax - drive. First time with the wax since I purchased it in January. Convinced now I need to repaint it, but having too much fun driving it.

Attached Image
+Quote Post
euro911
post Jun 1 2015, 08:37 AM
Post #6051

Now there's a HUGEgarage (IMG:style_emoticons/default/drooley.gif)
+Quote Post
Hank914
post Jun 1 2015, 08:56 AM
Post #6052

Member No.: 17,215
Region Association: None

I replaced my broken gear shift knob with one of those GB $19.99 specials from the folks at 914rubber. Thank you Mike for the steal deal for my daily driver!

And I also installed my replacement rear trunk spring. Now I can cruise topless and not worry about finding somebody to lift my trunk when I push the inside-the-car trunk release button!

Attached Image

The Cabinetmaker (Curt Curtis) saw my earlier post about my faulty trunk spring, and PM'ed me that he might be able to help. So he looked around his shop, found what I needed, and shipped it out...all without asking for a dime! Thank you to the Cabinetmaker! And thanks to this 914 community, as that kind of behavior is not uncommon!
+Quote Post
sean_v8_914
post Jun 2 2015, 11:22 AM
Post #6053

Chingon 601

Member No.: 3,541

does it have to be "my car" to post."? i do cooler stuff to other peoples cars
+Quote Post
7TPorsh
post Jun 2 2015, 11:34 AM
Post #6054

7T Porsh

Member No.: 5,782

Parked it outside to do my epoxy floor...now doing shelving....wish I could have a lift.

Attached Image

Attached thumbnail(s)
Attached Image
+Quote Post
arsprod
post Jun 2 2015, 11:45 AM
Post #6055

Member No.: 18,519
Region Association: Upper MidWest

Had the car all of 3 weeks but I've ALWAYS wanted a 914 with the reverse side stripes, so rather than sorting out the mechanicals I put the stripes on. Makes me happy!

(IMG:http://www.914world.com/bbs2/uploads_offsite/i1240.photobucket.com-18519-1433267134.1.jpg)

(IMG:http://www.914world.com/bbs2/uploads_offsite/i1240.photobucket.com-18519-1433267134.2.jpg)
+Quote Post
forrestkhaag
post Jun 2 2015, 05:41 PM
Post #6056

Member No.: 17,273
Region Association: Southwest Region

What did I do to my car today?

How about what did it do to me?!!!!

Removed what is left of the lower trumpet after my tire took it to task on a right hand turn on the test drive for my newly installed motor and tranny. Horn. He Gone... The motor ran great / idles smoothly at 1800 for a minute or so, then settles into a 900 rpm idle / blips up the scale smoothly and pulls at a conservative estimate of 2x my 1.7FI motor (which ran just fine before changing it our for this higher education).

The tranny shifting I sorted out after some very good advise from bdstone (Bruce) and all gears are there and shift nicely. What is not there is tranny oil.

The box did not drop a drip when filled and sitting for three days during the install and linkage tuning. The box did not drop a drip during the first three 1/4 mile loops in the neighborhood to check out the motor. Once I went for a real 5-gear test, BOOM! The main seal must have dearly departed because by the time I retuned to Laguna, the EPA had an APB out for little ole me. I was traced to my secrete (misspelled on porpoise) hideout by the dollar-sized blotches of fresh tranny oil splattered from Irvine down Laguna Canyon to the beach.

Upon clearing the smoke and neighbors, and upon undercarriage inspection, my newly refinished headers look like baked chocolate swirl sausages wrapped in mud. My tranny sports a patina of greenish grey with hints of auburn (or just... Ah.. burn) The underside of the little beast from the engine back looks worse than a beach in north Santa Barbara and the back bumper has a dust coating held to the car with a fine mist of gear oil infused with road grime.

Keep in mind that prior to this undertaking, I drove virtually nonstop - with Larmo doing parallels - all the way to WCR just before the new motor install began. At WCR, the mouse kept up with alll of the big cars..... in the parking lot.. not under power of course.... Consider that the lowly 1.7FI never missed a beat and needed only an occasional plug set, oil change, and the obligatory face mask to hide behind (or in Larmo's case a great domed helmet and bug-eyed goggles) / The 1.7 would regularly and dependably take me from the coast to Scottsdale to my Motor head Son's place wherein I could be roundly rebuked for bringing the sounds of clatter, spanks, clanks, and the put-put of the 1.7 to a place where 400HP is fairly weak.......

What did I do to my 914 today you ask? I put it on jack stands..... AGAIN!. (IMG:style_emoticons/default/beerchug.gif)

Attached thumbnail(s)
Attached Image Attached Image
+Quote Post
euro911
post Jun 2 2015, 10:54 PM
Post #6057

I'm confused (not hard to do) - are you talking about the red car that has the new 2.2L and the transaxle with recently resealed output shafts? Where is it leaking from?

What's the pic of the gray car all about?

... and what's with the pic of the rod?

I'm sure it all makes sense (IMG:style_emoticons/default/confused24.gif)
+Quote Post
matthepcat
post Jun 3 2015, 01:46 AM
Post #6058

Meat Popsicle

Member No.: 11,125

Relocated my CDI ignition box from inside the passenger compartment to the engine bay (high pitched sound is annoying)

Installed a back pad to see if that reduces the decibels of the 6 fan.

Checked out a V8 conversion for sale in my neighborhood.
+Quote Post
forrestkhaag
post Jun 4 2015, 12:05 AM
Post #6059

Member No.: 17,273
Region Association: Southwest Region

QUOTE(euro911 @ Jun 2 2015, 09:54 PM) *

I'm confused (not hard to do) - are you talking about the red car that has the new 2.2L and the transaxle with recently resealed output shafts? Where is it leaking from?

... and what's with the pic of the rod? Just a fond memory of build-details that, at this point, don't matter if the friggin thing doesn't move off of jack stands..

but thanks or reminding me of the prior days of non-bliss ho hum with a snoozer 1.7 FI that the average PCH Bus routinely blew off the road........

I'm sure it all makes sense (IMG:style_emoticons/default/confused24.gif) to me.......

and Sense or cents is a figure of speech.... the grey car is the gold car is the red car....... leaks? leaks schmke!

This thing leaks more than my 57 Chris Craft woody on a calm sea ...... but (IMG:style_emoticons/default/WTF.gif)

today I plucked the tranny, pulled the main shaft seal, and then magically Larmo showed up with a 5th of positive influence and a newly installed seal we coaxed the tranny back into the gold/grey red car.....

tomorrow is cv gaskets from the local VW shop in Costa Mesa (at a fraction of the PP price) and back to the road for another test...

more to follow........

Sidebar: Dr. Evil is still correct: Buy a pig in a Polk. Eat Bacon.. If you are a vegan, eat first, third and a few syncros...... (IMG:style_emoticons/default/sheeplove.gif)
+Quote Post
shawaii
post Jun 4 2015, 02:32 PM
Post #6060

Member No.: 18,711
Region Association: Hawaii

QUOTE(forrestkhaag @ Jun 3 2015, 08:05 PM) *

QUOTE(euro911 @ Jun 2 2015, 09:54 PM) *

... and what's with the pic of the rod? Just a fond memory of build-details that, at this point, don't matter if the friggin thing doesn't move off of jack stands..

but thanks or reminding me of the prior days of non-bliss ho hum with a snoozer 1.7 FI that the average PCH Bus routinely blew off the road........

I'm sure it all makes sense (IMG:style_emoticons/default/confused24.gif) to me.......

and Sense or cents is a figure of speech.... the grey car is the gold car is the red car....... leaks? leaks schmke!

This thing leaks more than my 57 Chris Craft woody on a calm sea ...... but (IMG:style_emoticons/default/WTF.gif)

today I plucked the tranny, pulled the main shaft seal, and then magically Larmo showed up with a 5th of positive influence and a newly installed seal we coaxed the tranny back into the gold/grey red car.....

tomorrow is cv gaskets from the local VW shop in Costa Mesa (at a fraction of the PP price) and back to the road for another test...

more to follow........

Sidebar: Dr. Evil is still correct: Buy a pig in a Polk. Eat Bacon.. If you are a vegan, eat first, third and a few syncros...... (IMG:style_emoticons/default/sheeplove.gif)

Well that cleared things up - clear as mud! I guess the 914 is built too low and all that went over my head.

Anyway - I'm summer-izing my 914 (as opposed to winterizing) since I'll be travelling soon. Is it better to sit on jack-stands for two months or sit on the tires? It is currently in the air (been polishing up my old Riviera Mags) and outside, but I plan on putting the wheels back on and parking it inside shortly.
+Quote Post

842 Pages V « < 301 302 303 304 305 > » 
Reply to this topicStart new topic
7 User(s) are reading this topic (7 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

- Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 4th May 2024 - 02:52 AM