Home  |  Forums  |  914 Info  |  Blogs

914World.com - The fastest growing online 914 community!

Porsche, and the Porsche crest are registered trademarks of Dr. Ing. h.c. F. Porsche AG. This site is not affiliated with Porsche in any way.
Its only purpose is to provide an online forum for car enthusiasts. All other trademarks are property of their respective owners.

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

841 Pages V « < 396 397 398 399 400 > »   
Reply to this topicStart new topic
> what did you do to your 914 today
euro911
post Sep 4 2016, 10:39 PM
Post #7941

Retired & living the dream. God help me if I wake up!

Group: Members
Member No.: 7,300
Region Association: Southern California

I ran across some errant parts whilst trying to reorganize the CA garage, and it made me think about getting back to the hydraulic clutch conversion on the 'BB' (IMG:style_emoticons/default/idea.gif)

I'm selling a set of ATS wheels (one of them is on the L/R and the other in in the front trunk of the 'BB'), so I'll be physically touching parts of the car this coming week - maybe I'll get enthusiastically involved "while I'm in there" (IMG:style_emoticons/default/cool_shades.gif)
User is offlineProfile CardPM
Go to the top of the page
+Quote Post
euro911
post Sep 4 2016, 10:41 PM
Post #7942

QUOTE(anderssj @ Sep 4 2016, 07:16 PM) *
QUOTE(euro911 @ Sep 4 2016, 09:21 PM) *
QUOTE(anderssj @ Aug 30 2016, 12:49 PM) *

Where did you get the tan dash face fabric? (IMG:style_emoticons/default/idea.gif)
I salvaged the vinyl from a wrecked car's inner door panel many years ago. I had used some on the dash back then. I re-did the dash in the picture a few months back when I put in a new radio.

Cool ... I'll have to keep my eyes open for a discarded tan door panel, then. Thanks.
+Quote Post
matthepcat
post Sep 5 2016, 05:23 PM
Post #7943

Meat Popsicle

Member No.: 11,125
Region Association: Northern California

What's going on here Mike?

QUOTE(Mike Bellis @ Sep 4 2016, 07:50 PM) *

I started sanding my police car while my 914 watched...

+Quote Post
campbellcj
post Sep 5 2016, 09:08 PM
Post #7944

I can't Re Member

Member No.: 21

I finally cleaned-up the damage from a side-swipe incident on the track some time ago, which thankfully turned out to mostly be tire rubber and trashed decals. It looks way better! I'll rattle can touch-up the fender arch as I don't want to get the whole side re-sprayed now.

Then I drove it around a bit...

(IMG:http://www.914world.com/bbs2/uploads_offsite/c4.staticflickr.com-21-1473131326.1.jpg)914R by Chris Campbell, on Flickr

+Quote Post
iankarr
post Sep 5 2016, 09:31 PM
Post #7945

The wrencher formerly known as Cuddy_K

Member No.: 18,749
Region Association: Intermountain Region

...Took a drive with a friend who also has a 914...and happened upon another.

Attached Image

Attached Image
+Quote Post
Archie
post Sep 5 2016, 10:16 PM
Post #7946

Member No.: 10,844
Region Association: Pacific Northwest

QUOTE(rangrbob @ Aug 24 2016, 05:19 PM) *

Today I added one more final detail to my 71 restoration. A while back, I had the guys at Car-Bone make me a octane decal, and it finally got here. :)

Turned out pretty good. I even tried to put it in the same location of the original, then noticed an error (the 1200 should be 1700) and will ask them to fix their file, so I can send for a new one.

Do the Car-Bone guys make the drivers-side jamb-decal (black, with the VIN number)? The DAPO trashed the original!
+Quote Post
JRust
post Sep 5 2016, 10:33 PM
Post #7947

914 Guru

Member No.: 129

Reinstalled my front Valance that needed quite a few fiberglass patches. Turned out just okay but good enough for now. I used a bed liner product to give it a little texture. Looked okay so used it on a spare top. Didn't prep it good enough but it will be fine for Red Rocks this week
+Quote Post
Mike Bellis
post Sep 5 2016, 10:41 PM
Post #7948

Resident Electrician

Member No.: 10,496
Region Association: None

QUOTE(matthepcat @ Sep 5 2016, 04:23 PM) *

What's going on here Mike?

QUOTE(Mike Bellis @ Sep 4 2016, 07:50 PM) *

I started sanding my police car while my 914 watched...

400 grit on a DA... It's going to be satin black then all the police gear will go back on. At least the parts the PD let me keep. I did figure out how to make the wig-wags work... (IMG:style_emoticons/default/evilgrin.gif)
I got it for $1,500 and 52k miles. 370hp Hemi. Can't go wrong.
+Quote Post
euro911
post Sep 5 2016, 11:05 PM
Post #7949

QUOTE(Archie @ Sep 5 2016, 09:16 PM) *
Do the Car-Bone guys make the drivers-side jamb-decal (black, with the VIN number)? The DAPO trashed the original!
Get in touch with Andy (Socalandy) for a repro door jamb VIN tag.
+Quote Post
abes914
post Sep 5 2016, 11:06 PM
Post #7950

Member No.: 12,880

I was going to paint the car before applying this, but it's been a couple of years since I bought the negative side vinyl from 914rubber...
I totally forgot about it until my wife was about to trash it so there it is-->
Attached Image
+Quote Post
euro911
post Sep 6 2016, 01:38 AM
Post #7951

QUOTE(Mike Bellis @ Sep 5 2016, 09:41 PM) *
400 grit on a DA... It's going to be satin black then all the police gear will go back on. At least the parts the PD let me keep. I did figure out how to make the wig-wags work... (IMG:style_emoticons/default/evilgrin.gif)
I got it for $1,500 and 52k miles. 370hp Hemi. Can't go wrong.
DUDE !!! (IMG:style_emoticons/default/aktion035.gif)
+Quote Post
sixnotfour
post Sep 6 2016, 06:09 AM
Post #7952

914 Wizard

Member No.: 2,744
Region Association: Rocky Mountains

fastened on license plate

Attached thumbnail(s)
Attached Image
+Quote Post
porsche-tom
post Sep 6 2016, 09:19 AM
Post #7953

Member No.: 15,626
Region Association: None

Cars and coffee
Attached Image
+Quote Post
forrestkhaag
post Sep 6 2016, 07:55 PM
Post #7954

Member No.: 17,273
Region Association: Southwest Region

A week or so ago, my lovely wife gave me a 65th birthday present of a one year membership to the UrbanWorkshop in OC.

This State of the Art 100,000 SF campus allows unfettered and ap reserved access to one or more of 7 auto lifts, a full machine shop with tubing benders, bead rollers, all form of metal saws, metal lathes, CnC milling machines, all hand tools, cabinets of machinist tools and measuring devices and holders, a full Mig/Tig welding shop with all gear needed (Miller helmets, gloves, sleves, etc.) and a full wood working shop. This, in addition to a commercial sewing shop, a fiberglass and carbon fiber fab shop, and 3D printers and computers to drive your projects to fruition. AND.

On top of that TrueSpeed racing occupies 8K SF of space in the 100K..... there are GT race shop people all over the place... i will send pictures of them loading the GT cars into the semi's....

I went to the workshop and fabricated my front oil cooler intake plenum, cut out the front tub to accept the same, and fabricated the shroud complete with nut-rivets to use 8M fasteners. Last week, I cut and fabricated the bumper and valance to conform to the necessary opening to feed the oil cooler. I will post pictures soon.

It is really nice to work on the 914 at a height of 4 feet above the ground......

+Quote Post
lonewolfe
post Sep 6 2016, 08:08 PM
Post #7955

Member No.: 13,549

QUOTE(forrestkhaag @ Sep 6 2016, 06:55 PM) *

A week or so ago, my lovely wife gave me a 65th birthday present of a one year membership to the UrbanWorkshop in OC.

This State of the Art 100,000 SF campus allows unfettered and ap reserved access to one or more of 7 auto lifts, a full machine shop with tubing benders, bead rollers, all form of metal saws, metal lathes, CnC milling machines, all hand tools, cabinets of machinist tools and measuring devices and holders, a full Mig/Tig welding shop with all gear needed (Miller helmets, gloves, sleves, etc.) and a full wood working shop. This, in addition to a commercial sewing shop, a fiberglass and carbon fiber fab shop, and 3D printers and computers to drive your projects to fruition. AND.

On top of that TrueSpeed racing occupies 8K SF of space in the 100K..... there are GT race shop people all over the place... i will send pictures of them loading the GT cars into the semi's....

I went to the workshop and fabricated my front oil cooler intake plenum, cut out the front tub to accept the same, and fabricated the shroud complete with nut-rivets to use 8M fasteners. Last week, I cut and fabricated the bumper and valance to conform to the necessary opening to feed the oil cooler. I will post pictures soon.

It is really nice to work on the 914 at a height of 4 feet above the ground......

Wow, this place sounds amazing. I wonder if we have anywhere like that here in the SF Bay Area. Good luck with your project!
+Quote Post
falcor75
post Sep 6 2016, 11:56 PM
Post #7956

Member No.: 15,176
Region Association: Scandinavia

My new engine arrived yesterday, I dont want to be at work today... (IMG:style_emoticons/default/smile.gif)
+Quote Post
forrestkhaag
post Sep 7 2016, 06:07 PM
Post #7957

picked up my freshly re-profiled and hardened cams for my 6 build.... then had all pertinent journals, bushings, etc. measured for tolerance. All good to go and withing spec for standard new bearings all around.

I also had the rods measured for all dimensions including bearing seat roundness, weight at both ends, total weight (all within .5grams of each other) and small end bushing conditions. 5 Bushings on the small were within spec but one was close to a no-go.

They all will be replaced. All else is good to go.

Hopefully the speed of the outflow of cash will eventually be in competition with the speed of my 914.

Sidebar: I would highly recommend not buying a 914 after casually selling one's 98 993.....

The comparative swings in handling and power lead to the shoveling boatloads of cash into a 914 to attempt to regain some semblance of acceleration and driving enjoyment..

Attached thumbnail(s)
Attached Image

Attached image(s)
Attached Image Attached Image
+Quote Post
forrestkhaag
post Sep 7 2016, 06:14 PM
Post #7958

And by the way: Lonewolf... the owner of this shop/concept is considering a SF location. Because i am an old gy taking on a rebuild of a 911 engine, we became pals instantly / so if I get news of this happenign, i will update.

As an out of work golf course development planner, I am looking for a new project. I may be an investor or part of the site acquisition team.

More to follow.

(IMG:style_emoticons/default/beerchug.gif)
+Quote Post
lonewolfe
post Sep 7 2016, 06:22 PM
Post #7959

Member No.: 13,549

QUOTE(forrestkhaag @ Sep 7 2016, 05:14 PM) *

And by the way: Lonewolf... the owner of this shop/concept is considering a SF location. Because i am an old gy taking on a rebuild of a 911 engine, we became pals instantly / so if I get news of this happenign, i will update.

As an out of work golf course development planner, I am looking for a new project. I may be an investor or part of the site acquisition team.

More to follow.

(IMG:style_emoticons/default/beerchug.gif)

Thanks for letting me know. I believe such a place would bve a big success up here. Of course Oakland would be the ideal location! (IMG:style_emoticons/default/biggrin.gif)

Please keep me posted.
+Quote Post
cary
post Sep 7 2016, 11:49 PM
Post #7960

Advanced Member

Member No.: 1,608

After dinner snuck out and did a quick Racer Chris shifter adjustment. Springs on the R-1 were barely functioning. Bungy cord was in the door pocket with the tire gauge and a couple Tom Petty CD's. (IMG:style_emoticons/default/smile.gif)

Then took the daughter for a test drive on my favorite dipsy doodle. All is good and ready for dinner and beers with the Pelican folks tomorrow night after work
+Quote Post

841 Pages V « < 396 397 398 399 400 > » 
Reply to this topicStart new topic
7 User(s) are reading this topic (6 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
1 Members: tygaboy

- Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 23rd April 2024 - 11:07 AM