Home  |  Forums  |  914 Info  |  Blogs

914World.com - The fastest growing online 914 community!

Porsche, and the Porsche crest are registered trademarks of Dr. Ing. h.c. F. Porsche AG. This site is not affiliated with Porsche in any way.
Its only purpose is to provide an online forum for car enthusiasts. All other trademarks are property of their respective owners.

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

842 Pages V « < 417 418 419 420 421 > »   
Reply to this topicStart new topic
> what did you do to your 914 today
Steve
post Jan 9 2017, 10:59 PM
Post #8361

914 Guru

Group: Members
Member No.: 822
Region Association: Southern California

QUOTE(forrestkhaag @ Jan 6 2017, 03:58 PM) *

As I am down with the flu, I couldn't make it to the shop to do anything productive so I opted for a repeat disassembly of my Weber 40 triples for the 3.0 build to check specs on jets, tubes, idles, etc.

The way they are now (and I am at sea level), I have 30 mm venturi's, 55 Idles, 125 mains,180 air corrections, and F1 Emulsions. This is the way they were sold to me. My 2.2L is running dual throat (Empi) 40's and have totally different jetting etc. (IMG:style_emoticons/default/confused24.gif)

Does anyone out there have a set of Weber internals specs for a similar engine build / a 3.0 SC w/ Webcam 20/21 grind running a recurved dizzy?

Try googling it.
I'm seeing 34mm venturi's, 160 main, 180 air and 60 idling jets.
http://members.rennlist.com/webercarbs/
You might also want to give PMO a call.
User is offlineProfile CardPM
Go to the top of the page
+Quote Post
GaroldShaffer
post Jan 9 2017, 11:58 PM
Post #8362

You bought another 914?

Group: Benefactors
Member No.: 865
Region Association: None

QUOTE(euro911 @ Jan 9 2017, 10:04 PM) *

Garold, I know you salvage a lot of small items before you scrap the main carcasses, but have you run across and saved any of these brush assemblies from the headlight bucket area?

(IMG:http://www.914world.com/bbs2/uploads/post-1535-1483898882_thumb.jpg)

Yes, I have a set or two. I will see what I can dig up tomorrow afternoon. PM me to remind me.
+Quote Post
euro911
post Jan 10 2017, 12:41 AM
Post #8363

Retired & living the dream. God help me if I wake up!

Member No.: 7,300

I really like the new CoverCraft cover I got for Christmas, it's performing nicely during this abnormal rainy season (IMG:style_emoticons/default/pat.gif)

(IMG:http://www.914world.com/bbs2/uploads/post-7300-1483072827_thumb.jpg)

So much so, that I decided to order one for the 'BB' today (IMG:style_emoticons/default/type.gif)

I ordered it from etrailer.com, where I typically buy my trailer parts ... $168. shipped to my door (IMG:style_emoticons/default/biggrin.gif) ... (model# C15134RS).

There's about a 1 ~ 2-week delivery wait as they're custom made upon order and shipped from the CoverCraft factory.
+Quote Post
mgp4591
post Jan 10 2017, 01:15 AM
Post #8364

914 Guru

Member No.: 14,748
Region Association: Intermountain Region

Did some more cutting, finishing up getting rid of the floor except for one spot but exposing the soft white underbelly... (IMG:style_emoticons/default/sawzall-smiley.gif)
Attached Image
And mounted up the rear meats to the new wheels. (IMG:style_emoticons/default/biggrin.gif)
Attached Image
+Quote Post
campbellcj
post Jan 10 2017, 11:26 AM
Post #8365

I can't Re Member

Member No.: 21

I'm preparing for a VARA event at Buttonwillow next weekend, woohoo!

- Did a "10 foot" rattle-can touch-up of some old tire failure damage on the left rear fender
- Finally figured-out (I think) a better way to quiet-down the custom targa roof skin, which has always squeaked and rattled
- Ordered some new Hoosier slicks (!!!! and $$$$)
- Test drove around the neighborhood with open pipes (IMG:style_emoticons/default/smile.gif)
+Quote Post
SKL1
post Jan 10 2017, 10:02 PM
Post #8366

Member No.: 12,732
Region Association: Upper MidWest

Stored the two toys in AZ while the garage floor got a new epoxy paint job... brought them home tonight. First time I'd driven the 914 after dark with the new LED headlights. They need a MAJOR adjustment (doubt the person in front of me appreciated the driver's side light into their mirrors!) but da*n they're bright, epecially on hi-beam!!

Attached Image
+Quote Post
Cairo94507
post Jan 11 2017, 08:06 AM
Post #8367

Michael

Member No.: 9,712
Region Association: Northern California

That's cool how the lift and cars are tucked into that nice spot leaving the main floor open for more cars....
+Quote Post
Shadowfax
post Jan 14 2017, 08:39 AM
Post #8368

Show us the meaning of haste

Member No.: 18,340
Region Association: South East States

Completed the interior swap. New carpet and seat kits from 914rubber, used backpad, door panels and padded center armrest. The seat kits went on a spare set of seats so was able to save the old stuff. Still need to do a few adjustments on the headrests but I think it looks much better than before.
Any suggestions on some good floor mats?

Attached Image Attached Image
+Quote Post
matthepcat
post Jan 14 2017, 10:24 AM
Post #8369

Meat Popsicle

Member No.: 11,125

^^ https://www.cocomats.com. ^^
+Quote Post
Shadowfax
post Jan 14 2017, 10:47 AM
Post #8370

Show us the meaning of haste

Member No.: 18,340
Region Association: South East States

QUOTE(matthepcat @ Jan 14 2017, 10:24 AM) *

Thank you. Was thinking of them or Lloyd. (IMG:style_emoticons/default/beerchug.gif)
+Quote Post
JFG
post Jan 15 2017, 07:42 AM
Post #8371

Member No.: 19,869

I fitted the windshield today using 3m 08611. Not too bad a fit just a shame it's picked up a chip whilst stored away.

Does this butyl rope set or does it stay soft and allow the screen to sag? I'm fitting a rubber surround not replacing the chrome trim.
+Quote Post
Steve
post Jan 15 2017, 09:12 AM
Post #8372

914 Guru

I rebuilt the drivers side door with some new seals and installed the 914rubber front windshield top seal. All went well until I put the top back on and noticed there was a 1/4" gap between the door window and the top. After a little bit of research, I realized I have an early top and my spare top is any early top. WTH!!!!!! How did this happen? I've had this car since 86.
+Quote Post
euro911
post Jan 15 2017, 01:41 PM
Post #8373

QUOTE(JFG @ Jan 15 2017, 05:42 AM) *
I fitted the windshield today using 3m 08611. Not too bad a fit just a shame it's picked up a chip whilst stored away.

Does this butyl rope set or does it stay soft and allow the screen to sag? I'm fitting a rubber surround not replacing the chrome trim.
I've never replaced a windshield in a 914 yet. I was under the impression that if using a rubber seal, the butyl 'rope' wasn't needed (IMG:style_emoticons/default/confused24.gif)

What is the process for installing a windshield? ... (I may need to do this in the future) ...
+Quote Post
lonewolfe
post Jan 15 2017, 02:34 PM
Post #8374

Member No.: 13,549

QUOTE(Steve @ Jan 15 2017, 07:12 AM) *

I rebuilt the drivers side door with some new seals and installed the 914rubber front windshield top seal. All went well until I put the top back on and noticed there was a 1/4" gap between the door window and the top. After a little bit of research, I realized I have an early top and my spare top is any early top. WTH!!!!!! How did this happen? I've had this car since 86.

Does your car have early or late doors? I believe the fit is different with the glass. The early tops fit early doors & late doors fit late tops. The seals are different if I'm not mistaken. I am going to fit late doors on an early car and also have a late top which should fit. I wanted the late window regulators which I understand can be updated to early doors but the window tracks are different. Also, my passenger early door had been replaced & the bottom of the door is rusted through in the channel where the rubber seal fits. The late doors are much heavier because they have a steal impact beam added that the early doors don't have. My late doors are also rust free and have tinted glass which matches my new windshield. My early doors have clear glass. As for the different seals for the top, ask Mark at 914rubber. I think he has both early and late styles. Please post what your solution is as you are ahead of me and I'm not 100% sure about what matches to what. I believe there is also a difference in the window channels and the felt pieces the glass slides up & down in the front of the door.
+Quote Post
JFG
post Jan 15 2017, 03:45 PM
Post #8375

Member No.: 19,869

QUOTE(euro911 @ Jan 15 2017, 07:41 PM) *

I've never replaced a windshield in a 914 yet. I was under the impression that if using a rubber seal, the butyl 'rope' wasn't needed (IMG:style_emoticons/default/confused24.gif)

What is the process for installing a windshield? ... (I may need to do this in the future) ...

As standard the glass is held in with the butyl bead, the glass sits in a number of plastic spacers which in turn hold the chrome trim in place.

The rubber trim is just that, a trim. I too thought it was a full rubber glass mounting seal.
+Quote Post
Steve
post Jan 15 2017, 03:59 PM
Post #8376

914 Guru

QUOTE(lonewolfe @ Jan 15 2017, 12:34 PM) *

QUOTE(Steve @ Jan 15 2017, 07:12 AM) *

Does your car have early or late doors? I believe the fit is different with the glass. The early tops fit early doors & late doors fit late tops. The seals are different if I'm not mistaken. I am going to fit late doors on an early car and also have a late top which should fit. I wanted the late window regulators which I understand can be updated to early doors but the window tracks are different. Also, my passenger early door had been replaced & the bottom of the door is rusted through in the channel where the rubber seal fits. The late doors are much heavier because they have a steal impact beam added that the early doors don't have. My late doors are also rust free and have tinted glass which matches my new windshield. My early doors have clear glass. As for the different seals for the top, ask Mark at 914rubber. I think he has both early and late styles. Please post what your solution is as you are ahead of me and I'm not 100% sure about what matches to what. I believe there is also a difference in the window channels and the felt pieces the glass slides up & down in the front of the door.

I have late doors. I think back in the late 80's, I went to EASY and bought the nicest top they had which turned out to be an early top. Dummy me... live and learn. I just bought two late tops from Bruce on the board. I have all new late seals from 914rubber. I will build a new top tomorrow.
+Quote Post
euro911
post Jan 15 2017, 04:20 PM
Post #8377

QUOTE(JFG @ Jan 15 2017, 01:45 PM) *
QUOTE(euro911 @ Jan 15 2017, 07:41 PM) *

As standard the glass is held in with the butyl bead, the glass sits in a number of plastic spacers which in turn hold the chrome trim in place.

The rubber trim is just that, a trim. I too thought it was a full rubber glass mounting seal.
Interesting. I thought the rubber windshield seals were just like the ones for the 911/912 windshields.

Thanks for the clarification (IMG:style_emoticons/default/thumb3d.gif)
+Quote Post
iankarr
post Jan 15 2017, 06:05 PM
Post #8378

The wrencher formerly known as Cuddy_K

Member No.: 18,749

Finally got the transaxle clean enough to shoot with alumi-blast. Very light coat of course!

Attached Image
+Quote Post
euro911
post Jan 15 2017, 06:37 PM
Post #8379

Looks sharp (IMG:style_emoticons/default/drooley.gif)
+Quote Post
iankarr
post Jan 16 2017, 06:57 AM
Post #8380

The wrencher formerly known as Cuddy_K

Member No.: 18,749

QUOTE(euro911 @ Jan 15 2017, 07:37 PM) *

Thanks man. i decided to clean and coat when I noticed the mag alloy unprotected and pitted in spots. Surprising how little paint was needed. A dusting did the trick. Good stuff. Here's an in progress pic.... the case is clean. The black color looks to be an attempt at paint from a PO

Attached Image
+Quote Post

842 Pages V « < 417 418 419 420 421 > » 
Reply to this topicStart new topic
3 User(s) are reading this topic (3 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

- Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 2nd May 2024 - 12:00 AM