Home  |  Forums  |  914 Info  |  Blogs

914World.com - The fastest growing online 914 community!

Porsche, and the Porsche crest are registered trademarks of Dr. Ing. h.c. F. Porsche AG. This site is not affiliated with Porsche in any way.
Its only purpose is to provide an online forum for car enthusiasts. All other trademarks are property of their respective owners.

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

840 Pages V « < 458 459 460 461 462 > »   
Reply to this topicStart new topic
> what did you do to your 914 today
sb914
post Aug 6 2017, 08:31 PM
Post #9181

Surf Guru

Group: Members
Member No.: 15,191
Region Association: Southern California

I drove it !Attached Image
User is offlineProfile CardPM
Go to the top of the page
+Quote Post
clapeza
post Aug 7 2017, 06:34 AM
Post #9182

Member No.: 12,677
Region Association: South East States

Replaced the bushings on the accelerator pedal, with the pedal cluster still in the car. Nice and smooth now!

The ground strap on the transmission is corroded and my new throttle cable has been acting as a ground. That sucker was getting HOT! As a temporary measure, I ran a battery cable from an engine case bolt to the battery ground stud. Throttle cable is now cool!
+Quote Post
solex
post Aug 7 2017, 06:48 AM
Post #9183

Member No.: 3,439
Region Association: North East States

I installed a new directional indicator

I finally fixed my tail lights, the ground wire was in the wrong place and replaced the brake light bulbs with 1157 and also the marker lights with 4 watt bulbs. Not sure if the 1157 will draw too much power.

I also adjusted the brake light switch.

I no longer have any electrical problems, everything works ;-) I even got rid of the brake light and turn signal indicator oscillation when the brake and left turn signal was engaged. Also the marker lights would also flash... all fixed now

Jeff Bowlsby, you should publish a wiring guide of all your hand drawn diagrams, this is how I diagnosed a problem with my tail lights...

I diagnosed the problem with my targa top not fitting correctly. I ordered a new rear seal from 914rubber and will need to modify the latches so it pull the back of the targa lower.

I also purchased a pair of elevator bolts that will need serious modification to install my fog lamps, I'm making a custom mount, hopefully better than the original.
+Quote Post
stevend914
post Aug 7 2017, 01:12 PM
Post #9184

Member No.: 20,670
Region Association: Upper MidWest

Renewed registration for the next two years. Pulled out the radio to replace the fuse.
+Quote Post
JFG
post Aug 7 2017, 01:24 PM
Post #9185

Member No.: 19,869
Region Association: None

QUOTE(sb914 @ Aug 7 2017, 03:31 AM) *

I drove it !Attached Image

Very nice dash (IMG:style_emoticons/default/sunglasses.gif)

I stripped the rear lights and as they were faded dull Grey's and blacks I wrapped the bulb zones in a chrome reflective wrap. Put the old lenses on and with the garage lights off I shone a torch into each section from the outside and they shine nicely now. I couldn't use the light switch properly as the power isn't yet hooked up. Baby steps!

And I found two of the new oil seals in the new push rod tubes are weeping oil. 1 on each side! (IMG:style_emoticons/default/headbang.gif)
+Quote Post
arne
post Aug 7 2017, 01:56 PM
Post #9186

Serial Rescuer of old vehicles...

Member No.: 20,799

Brought it home from paint.

Attached Image
+Quote Post
euro911
post Aug 7 2017, 05:08 PM
Post #9187

Retired & living the dream. God help me if I wake up!

Member No.: 7,300

Nice ... (IMG:style_emoticons/default/drooley.gif)
+Quote Post
RickS
post Aug 7 2017, 10:02 PM
Post #9188

Member No.: 5,880

After replacing the dead starter yesterday, took it for an early evening drive with the Mrs along a couple of forested river roads. 86* was just perfect. At times like that it makes all the wrenching and frustration seem so worth it.
+Quote Post
7TPorsh
post Aug 8 2017, 10:02 AM
Post #9189

7T Porsh

Member No.: 5,782

Went (IMG:style_emoticons/default/driving.gif) over the weekend. Decisions, decisions. Went one way on Saturday and the other on Sunday.

Attached Image

Attached Image

+Quote Post
914_7T3
post Aug 8 2017, 11:24 AM
Post #9190

Please forgive me, I'm new to all of this!

Member No.: 20,991

QUOTE(7TPorsh @ Aug 8 2017, 09:02 AM) *

Went (IMG:style_emoticons/default/driving.gif) over the weekend. Decisions, decisions. Went one way on Saturday and the other on Sunday.

That's what I call a "Win Win!"
+Quote Post
Elliot Cannon
post Aug 8 2017, 05:16 PM
Post #9191

914 Guru

Group: Retired Members
Member No.: 7,407

I went to start the car today and when I turned the key I didn't hear the fuel pump running. Raised the car up on the lift, turned on the key, slid under the car, tapped the pump with the big screw driver handle and the pump started right up. Ordered a new one about 20 minutes later. (IMG:style_emoticons/default/biggrin.gif) I like it when things go wrong while the car is in the garage. Better than breaking down in the middle of the Mohave Desert. Ask me how I know. (IMG:style_emoticons/default/av-943.gif)
+Quote Post
euro911
post Aug 8 2017, 08:29 PM
Post #9192

Jeffery, 914 7T3 (the teener formerly know as Calvinator2016) stopped by this afternoon to look at a front trunk lid he wanted to purchase ... and to shoot the shit for a while, of course. He's coming back Thursday to help remove that 'choice' lid from the 'BB' and install another lid (that I have stashed away) on the 'BB' (IMG:style_emoticons/default/smile.gif)

Maybe he can help me with the brake bleeding on the 'BB' too? ... if time allows (IMG:style_emoticons/default/happy11.gif) ... then maybe I'll be able to drive the beast to the SoCal Fun Day in Temecula (IMG:style_emoticons/default/unsure.gif)

OT: Received a couple shipments of new parts for the '66 912 too ... F & R brake rotors from AZ Autohaus, and a big box of miscellaneous parts (F & R wheel bearings & seals, brake hoses, suspension bushings, body seals, engine gasket set, etc.) from RMeuropean. Upon taking inventory, it appears to be a partial order. Interesting, all items were stated to be in stock when I placed the order though. First time ordering from RM ... good prices, but not too happy with only getting a partial order (IMG:style_emoticons/default/dry.gif)

New KONI strut inserts and rear shocks were ordered from Summit, but a rep at KONI said they won't be shipping out to their vendors until the 3rd week in August. No biggie ... I need to repaint the suspension components anyway, so the timing isn't that critical.
+Quote Post
Fatboy007
post Aug 8 2017, 11:17 PM
Post #9193

Member No.: 21,124

Fixed door latch on passenger side. Works great. Love my car (IMG:style_emoticons/default/rolleyes.gif)
+Quote Post
ndfrigi
post Aug 9 2017, 12:40 AM
Post #9194

Advanced Member

Member No.: 13,474

QUOTE(Fatboy007 @ Aug 8 2017, 10:17 PM) *

Fixed door latch on passenger side. Works great. Love my car (IMG:style_emoticons/default/rolleyes.gif)

Nice! I do missed my garage baby 75 1.8FI too! hehehe
+Quote Post
euro911
post Aug 9 2017, 01:25 AM
Post #9195

QUOTE(Elliot Cannon @ Aug 8 2017, 04:16 PM) *
I went to start the car today and when I turned the key I didn't hear the fuel pump running. Raised the car up on the lift, turned on the key, slid under the car, tapped the pump with the big screw driver handle and the pump started right up. Ordered a new one about 20 minutes later. (IMG:style_emoticons/default/biggrin.gif) I like it when things go wrong while the car is in the garage. Better than breaking down in the middle of the Mohave Desert. Ask me how I know. (IMG:style_emoticons/default/av-943.gif)
How long has you car been sitting? ... It may just be gummed-up (IMG:style_emoticons/default/confused24.gif) ... Run some solvent through it and keep it as a spare.

I'll probably have the same issue shortly ... haven't started the 'BB' since I got back from the 2015 WCR. Will be draining the tank and rebuilding the carbs too.

FYI, AA Performance has IDF rebuild kits for $15. ... I recently bought 4 of them :shades

https://aapistons.com/collections/carbureto...-carburetor-kit
+Quote Post
7TPorsh
post Aug 9 2017, 09:03 AM
Post #9196

7T Porsh

Member No.: 5,782

QUOTE(euro911 @ Aug 9 2017, 12:25 AM) *

How long has you car been sitting? ... It may just be gummed-up (IMG:style_emoticons/default/confused24.gif) ... Run some solvent through it and keep it as a spare.

I'll probably have the same issue shortly ... haven't started the 'BB' since I got back from the 2015 WCR. Will be draining the tank and rebuilding the carbs too.

FYI, AA Performance has IDF rebuild kits for $15. ... I recently bought 4 of them :shades

Sold out: I need these!
+Quote Post
ndfrigi
post Aug 9 2017, 10:13 AM
Post #9197

Advanced Member

Member No.: 13,474

I need 1 set too but again it is sold out.
+Quote Post
Elliot Cannon
post Aug 9 2017, 11:33 AM
Post #9198

914 Guru

Group: Retired Members
Member No.: 7,407

I'll try running solvent through the old one and as you suggested, keep it as a spare. Why haven't I heard of AA Performance before? Are they new? (IMG:style_emoticons/default/confused24.gif) Mostly type I stuff?
+Quote Post
euro911
post Aug 9 2017, 12:03 PM
Post #9199

QUOTE(Elliot Cannon @ Aug 9 2017, 10:33 AM) *
I'll try running solvent through the old one and as you suggested, keep it as a spare. Why haven't I heard of AA Performance before? Are they new? (IMG:style_emoticons/default/confused24.gif) Mostly type I stuff?
Mostly T-1 and T-4, but some 356/912, 911 and wasser-boxer too (IMG:style_emoticons/default/smile.gif)
+Quote Post
Michael N
post Aug 9 2017, 01:51 PM
Post #9200

Certifiable

Member No.: 2,164
Region Association: Northern California

Changed the hood springs with the Restoration Designs new hood springs. Lubed the pivot points on the hood. Now the hood opens all the way up and no longer squeaks. I had to place the new springs in the second notch to get them to hold correctly. Great product.
+Quote Post

840 Pages V « < 458 459 460 461 462 > » 
Reply to this topicStart new topic
4 User(s) are reading this topic (4 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

- Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 18th April 2024 - 11:15 AM