Home  |  Forums  |  914 Info  |  Blogs

914World.com - The fastest growing online 914 community!

Porsche, and the Porsche crest are registered trademarks of Dr. Ing. h.c. F. Porsche AG. This site is not affiliated with Porsche in any way.
Its only purpose is to provide an online forum for car enthusiasts. All other trademarks are property of their respective owners.

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

23 Pages V « < 21 22 23  
Reply to this topicStart new topic
> OT: Working on my shop car, The wagon Porsche never built. . .
mgp4591
post Sep 11 2016, 07:10 PM
Post #441

914 Guru

Group: Members
Member No.: 14,748
Region Association: Intermountain Region

If the weather holds up I'll cruise out and hopefully see you run. Just got back from RRC so I'm up for a short road trip! (IMG:style_emoticons/default/driving.gif)
User is offlineProfile CardPM
Go to the top of the page
+Quote Post
aircooledtechguy
post Sep 16 2016, 09:46 PM
Post #442

The Aircooledtech Guy

Group: Members
Member No.: 9,730
Region Association: Pacific Northwest

We had an amazing trip down to World of Speed 2016!! We got there and back without incident, the car ran flawlessly and we returned home closer friends/family than when we left. That makes for a WIN, WIN, WIN in my book.

First off, I cannot express my pride in words for how my son Josh drove the car!! He only received his license 2 days before we left and his first 6 solo drives without myself or him mom in the car were all 104+mph passes!! On his 6 passes, he made 104 (qualifying run), 115, 116, 115, 117.8, 116 & finished out with a 117.4 and then stayed in the throttle to 120 indicated by our GPS.

Josh's best launch on his last pass (like a pro):
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7rlOVH2mTH4

Josh stays in it to 120mph and celebrates with a few dabs @ speed:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=G7dNkHSA6Uw

We re-teched the car and I began my runs. I pulled a 107 (qualifying run), 116, 117, 119.0, 117, 117 and then kept my foot in it all the way through the 2 and then 2.25mile traps. I found that terminal velocity for the Squarsche as currently set-up was 123mph!! That's all she's got in it @ 4200' on salt. Clearly, we have our work cut out for us over the next year to make it into the 130 club by the 1 mile.

Then it was my buddy Roberts turn at the wheel. He ran a 116 (he blew-off the qualifying run Laughing ), 115 and another 116. We were going to finish his final 3 runs the next morning when it was cool, but Mother Nature had her own plans. A rain storm blew through in the night and the track was under 1/8" of standing water in the morning. Sad So Robert has some unfinished business for next year.

I cannot recommend enough coming out and at least spectating one time at WOS and check out the VW Challenge racers. See the enthusiasm, smell the race gas, check out the amazing cars and take in the true spectacle of racing that is Bonneville Speedway.
User is offlineProfile CardPM
Go to the top of the page
+Quote Post

23 Pages V « < 21 22 23
Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

- Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 27th April 2024 - 04:50 PM