Home  |  Forums  |  914 Info  |  Blogs

914World.com - The fastest growing online 914 community!

Porsche, and the Porsche crest are registered trademarks of Dr. Ing. h.c. F. Porsche AG. This site is not affiliated with Porsche in any way.
Its only purpose is to provide an online forum for car enthusiasts. All other trademarks are property of their respective owners.

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

Reply to this topicStart new topic
> Brake light warning buzzer circuit questions., Where are all the switches?
steuspeed
post Jan 13 2012, 04:50 PM
Post #1

Group: Members
Member No.: 13,308
Region Association: Pacific Northwest

So from what I understand this warning light is supposed to come on when the brake system fails or the rear pads are too worn or when the handbrake is on. When I insert a bulb in at the gas gauge, I get the light and a awful buzz coming from the dash. Same result with parking brake on or off. My brakes work great, and my rear pads are plenty thick from visual inspection. My guess is that a switch is stuck closed somewhere in the circuit. Where should I be looking?
User is offlineProfile CardPM
Go to the top of the page
+Quote Post
904svo
post Jan 13 2012, 05:05 PM
Post #2

904SVO

Group: Members
Member No.: 5,146

The only 2 things that cayuse the light to come on are the EM brake or the Master cylinder. To find out which is causing the problem on the Master cylinder there is a switch with one or two wires on it ( located on MC under car) pull those wires off and see if that stops it. If it does you will have to reset the switch if equipped by
pressing the button between the two terminals. If it still stays on you have to check the wiring or the switch on the EM brake. Most likely cause is the wire is grounded to the EM switch or the switch is bad.
User is offlineProfile CardPM
Go to the top of the page
+Quote Post

Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

- Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 7th May 2024 - 05:23 PM