Home  |  Forums  |  914 Info  |  Blogs

914World.com - The fastest growing online 914 community!

Porsche, and the Porsche crest are registered trademarks of Dr. Ing. h.c. F. Porsche AG. This site is not affiliated with Porsche in any way.
Its only purpose is to provide an online forum for car enthusiasts. All other trademarks are property of their respective owners.

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

3 Pages V < 1 2 3  
Reply to this topicStart new topic
> Epic 914 story, For every high there's a low
xsJerry
post Jan 22 2012, 09:55 PM
Post #41

Group: Members
Member No.: 13,822
Region Association: Northern California

QUOTE(computers4kids @ Jan 22 2012, 09:08 AM) *

(IMG:style_emoticons/default/welcome.png) and nice sleeper (IMG:style_emoticons/default/first.gif) Torque is a killer in these cars. Better you break a cv than tear-up your gear box or tear your suspension arms. I highly recommend that you never, never dump the clutch or nail it in first or second gear at a dead stop. Does it still have a (IMG:style_emoticons/default/first.gif) first gear? Let's see some engine and interior pics. That is is a good price and it looks like a clean conversion.

She's back on the road (IMG:style_emoticons/default/aktion035.gif) I went ahead and installed the cv and adapter bolts with lock tight and star washers. I know this is cutting a corner, and I will probably replace them, but I had to get it rolling today. I don't know when I'll have another chance, and my wife hadn't seen it run (having a new running car brings less criticism than a new non runner). She actually likes it as does my 9 year old (they both got rides this evening). As requested, here's more pics, it's not much, but it's something.

Attached image(s)
Attached Image Attached Image Attached Image Attached Image
User is offlineProfile CardPM
Go to the top of the page
+Quote Post
DRPHIL914
post Jan 22 2012, 10:33 PM
Post #42

Dr. Phil

Member No.: 11,106
Region Association: South East States

Very nice! Not many of those left around in the L99k color- copper metallic. Besides mine, only a few others on this board. Let us know how you like the v8.

Enjoy!
(IMG:style_emoticons/default/beerchug.gif)
+Quote Post
Randal
post Jan 22 2012, 10:46 PM
Post #43

Advanced Member

Member No.: 750

QUOTE(xsJerry @ Jan 22 2012, 07:55 PM) *

QUOTE(computers4kids @ Jan 22 2012, 09:08 AM) *

(IMG:style_emoticons/default/welcome.png) and nice sleeper (IMG:style_emoticons/default/first.gif) Torque is a killer in these cars. Better you break a cv than tear-up your gear box or tear your suspension arms. I highly recommend that you never, never dump the clutch or nail it in first or second gear at a dead stop. Does it still have a (IMG:style_emoticons/default/first.gif) first gear? Let's see some engine and interior pics. That is is a good price and it looks like a clean conversion.

She's back on the road (IMG:style_emoticons/default/aktion035.gif) I went ahead and installed the cv and adapter bolts with lock tight and star washers. I know this is cutting a corner, and I will probably replace them, but I had to get it rolling today. I don't know when I'll have another chance, and my wife hadn't seen it run (having a new running car brings less criticism than a new non runner). She actually likes it as does my 9 year old (they both got rides this evening). As requested, here's more pics, it's not much, but it's something.

When you tightened the bolts did you torque them to spec? (IMG:style_emoticons/default/dry.gif)

+Quote Post
xsJerry
post Jan 22 2012, 11:01 PM
Post #44

Member No.: 13,822
Region Association: Northern California

[/quote]

When you tightened the bolts did you torque them to spec? (IMG:style_emoticons/default/dry.gif)
[/quote]

I believe they are to spec 34 ft-lbs?

The jury is still out on the V8. the torque is nice, but there's something about a 914 with a stock engine that I really like.
+Quote Post
Mike Bellis
post Jan 22 2012, 11:32 PM
Post #45

Resident Electrician

Member No.: 10,496
Region Association: None

I bought my V8 in LA and drove it back to SF. When I got home, all 8 bolts holding my adapters were loose. I cleaned everything and torqued with red locktite. Never came loose again in 4 years.

My V8 has a taller 5th gear so it can cruise 2500rpm at 75mph. Once I drove a V8 914, I can not drive a stock T4. Not enough power. A Raby engine is way out of my budget. I think it is now cheaper to go flat 6 than it is to buy a Raby engine.

I think you will learn to love it. Buy a second if you need a stock engine... (IMG:style_emoticons/default/biggrin.gif)
+Quote Post

3 Pages V < 1 2 3
Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

- Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 8th June 2024 - 02:22 AM