Home  |  Forums  |  914 Info  |  Blogs

914World.com - The fastest growing online 914 community!

Porsche, and the Porsche crest are registered trademarks of Dr. Ing. h.c. F. Porsche AG. This site is not affiliated with Porsche in any way.
Its only purpose is to provide an online forum for car enthusiasts. All other trademarks are property of their respective owners.

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

Reply to this topicStart new topic
> Brake cooling, How to set it up / parts sources
campbellcj
post Jan 15 2003, 10:26 PM
Post #1

I can't Re Member

Group: Members
Member No.: 21
Region Association: Southern California

So far I am not cooking the brakes enough to really need the duct setup, on these non brake-intensive local tracks. But sooner or later it will happen.

I like the Smart-Racing setup to hold the hoses to the a-arms. Very slick. But, their kit does not (apparently) include the key little part, that attaches the ducting to the hub/rotor assembly.

On the other hand, the kits from Perf Prods and OG Racing etc that do include the little manifold thingie also come with scoops, and ducting, that I do not need because I would run the ducts up to my front spoiler/dam.

Anybody have tips on how to set this up and where to get the plastic piece that directs the air into the rotor?

Oh yeah, yes, I have vented rotors. 911SC "A" calipers up front and 914-4 front calipers in back, with a "tee" and 19mm M/C. Pagid pads and ATE fluid currently, although that might change.

Thx,
User is offlineProfile CardPM
Go to the top of the page
+Quote Post
KenH
post Jan 16 2003, 10:39 AM
Post #2

Member No.: 156

Call AJ-USA @ (800) 877-1911, they sell the entire kit or the parts by themselves.

Ken
+Quote Post
Brad Roberts
post Jan 16 2003, 02:21 PM
Post #3

914 Freak!

Member No.: 8
Region Association: None

That is who I used to get them from Chris. I couldnt remember earlier. We use the scoop style that attaches to the A arm.

B
+Quote Post
brant
post Jan 16 2003, 02:33 PM
Post #4

914 Wizard

Member No.: 47
Region Association: Rocky Mountains

I use the scoop style too... got mine and got a few replacement parts also from AJ....

I know I've bought parts separate before...
also I don't think the kit includes the block off plate that goes in the hub... Purpose: to block off and thus reverse the natural flow of air...

I bought mine for something like 40 bucks... then found out that I had to completely refit and cut down to make them fit.. If I had it to do over I certainly would not buy them... just make a simple pattern from cardboard and cut out a pair from thin al stock....

brant
+Quote Post
campbellcj
post Jan 16 2003, 11:00 PM
Post #5

I can't Re Member

Member No.: 21
Region Association: Southern California

Yeah, Smart-Racing has the block-off plates ($50-ish/pair I think).

Thanks for the tip re. AJUSA. I have bought stuff from there before and will give 'em a ring.

Clarification -- any reason to use the "scoops" if my front dam/spoiler has built in cooling duct inlets? Seems like I would get pretty good flow thru the spoiler.
+Quote Post
Brad Roberts
post Jan 17 2003, 04:35 AM
Post #6

914 Freak!

Member No.: 8
Region Association: None

Use your spoiler. Some of my guy's like to run that chin spoiler that acts like a difuser. Sooo they run the small scoops attached to the control arms.

B
+Quote Post

Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

- Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 19th April 2024 - 04:49 AM