Home  |  Forums  |  914 Info  |  Blogs

914World.com - The fastest growing online 914 community!

Porsche, and the Porsche crest are registered trademarks of Dr. Ing. h.c. F. Porsche AG. This site is not affiliated with Porsche in any way.
Its only purpose is to provide an online forum for car enthusiasts. All other trademarks are property of their respective owners.

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

> What's a car worth?
Verruckt
post Aug 30 2004, 07:16 AM
Post #1

Group: Members
Member No.: 2,348

Can you all give me an idea what this car might be worth?

Back when I began my 914 search, I found a decent 75 2.0 at a German repair shop. The owner had basically abandoned the car here, not wanting to pay the bill ($1200). The car is not running still... The shop replaced the starter, alternator, distributor guts, spark wires, and plugs, and battery. The car has VERY low compression in one cylinder. The rear trunk has a broken hinge. Original white paint but faded pretty bad. Hell hole repaired pretty good. Some surface rust on front hood and one fender. Underside is flawless, no rust. Car has mismatching wheels. Interior is not something to brag about, but its all there. Seat rips, carpet f'ed up.

Originally they tried to get a hold of the owner to tell him i was interested in the car (it sat there for 4 months). They put a lien on it, and now they want to sell it. They initially told me $2500. They justified this by saying they had $1400 in storage fees on the car. (IMG:style_emoticons/default/rolleyes.gif)

Well, i held out for a few weeks. They called me back wanting to maybe drop a little bit. I told them it was just too much. A couple of weeks have gone by now and I just got a call this morning, and now they want me to make an offer.

I know its hard from my description, but could anyone give me an idea what it might be worth?
User is offlineProfile CardPM
Go to the top of the page
+Quote Post

Posts in this topic
Verruckt   What's a car worth?   Aug 30 2004, 07:16 AM
rhodyguy   the items replaced/fixed listed don't seem to ...   Aug 30 2004, 07:34 AM
ArtechnikA   ...   Aug 30 2004, 07:34 AM
GWN7   Rich sounds about right ($500 Max.) on the ca...   Aug 30 2004, 07:56 AM
Verruckt   The deal with the title is... At least in Missour...   Aug 30 2004, 09:52 AM
SLITS   $300 would be a deal - $500 would be ok ...   Aug 30 2004, 10:29 AM

Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

- Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 19th May 2024 - 04:50 PM