Home  |  Forums  |  914 Info  |  Blogs

914World.com - The fastest growing online 914 community!

Porsche, and the Porsche crest are registered trademarks of Dr. Ing. h.c. F. Porsche AG. This site is not affiliated with Porsche in any way.
Its only purpose is to provide an online forum for car enthusiasts. All other trademarks are property of their respective owners.

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

2 Pages V < 1 2  
Reply to this topicStart new topic
> Weber Carb problems, To Lean?
thomasotten
post Sep 2 2004, 02:06 PM
Post #21

Group: Members
Member No.: 1,349

Just got back from playing around at lunch time again. Still runs like crap. I did noticed that a small amount of gas was seeping out of the throttle shaft on the carb body. Not really dripping, but it was wet. That can't be good. I guess there are some bushings or seals in there that need to be replaced. Which means I am going to tear these things apart again. Will keep updated...
User is offlineProfile CardPM
Go to the top of the page
+Quote Post
thomasotten
post Sep 3 2004, 03:41 PM
Post #22

Group: Members
Member No.: 1,349

OK guys, if you are following the story of the 1911cc with dual 34 ICT webers and it's poping exhaust at 2-3k rpm, I have some good news. First of all let me start out by saying I rebuilt the carbs, again. I just wanted to be sure I didn't have crap in their somewhere. Next, we rejetted the carbs. We went one size larger on the idle jets, and for the main jets we went larger as well. I am not at all sure if this rejetting was necessary, but we were able to get it tuned better by adjusting the linkage, as explained below. I did find one document that said my idle jet was the idle jet for a 34 ICT for a single carb application. I am starting to get the feeling that even though you buy carbs in a "kit" for a specific application, they just grab two carbs from the shelf and you get what the vw-beetle guys get.

We then started adjusting the linkage. I have found that the linkage plays a huge part in this whole thing. Trouble is, it is a pain to adjust. At one point, we had it where all the poping was virtually gone. Basically, when one carb is leading the other due to the linkage, we get the poping in the exhaust. I suppose what is happening technically, is that one side of the engine is "pulling" the other side, causing more of a depression in the weaker side's exhaust. (IMG:style_emoticons/default/confused24.gif) So I am happy that I at least heard my engine run at full rpm the way it should sound. My next task is to find a way to methodically adjust the linkage. I have found that I need to figure out a way to make both carbs open by the same amount at each degree of throttle. This would be easier if the linkage was symmetrical, but it is not. I am going to do a search for linkage adjusting tips.
User is offlineProfile CardPM
Go to the top of the page
+Quote Post

2 Pages V < 1 2
Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

- Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 19th May 2024 - 01:29 AM