Home  |  Forums  |  914 Info  |  Blogs

914World.com - The fastest growing online 914 community!

Porsche, and the Porsche crest are registered trademarks of Dr. Ing. h.c. F. Porsche AG. This site is not affiliated with Porsche in any way.
Its only purpose is to provide an online forum for car enthusiasts. All other trademarks are property of their respective owners.

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

> Ignition switch wont connect..., When using the key. **Solved**
Bob L.
post Feb 3 2012, 07:33 PM
Post #1

Group: Members
Member No.: 13,411
Region Association: Southwest Region

Hi again,

I need some help with the Ignition switch...

The old one stopped working before I bought the car and a bypass button was installed. I has worked fine.
position.

I finally got around to replacing the electrical switch portion of the system. The first funny thing I noticed is that the wires used for the bypass switch don't appear to be the ones that go to the terminals that connect when the switch is turned to the "start".

Attached Image

When I turn the switch terminals A&B connect but the wires used to bypass the switch seem to go to A&C.
Am I just following the wires wrong?
I did have to modify the switch to fit into the key mechanism by Filing off a tab and a bump off to allow the switch to fully seat into key mech.

The problem I'm having is the new switch doesn't work when its in the mechanism. only when I have it out by itself. I can turn the insides with a screwdriver and the terminals will show continuity. I think the "key mechanism" is not turning far enough to make the connection inside the switch. The same thing is happening with the old switch (it is cracked), Works outside the key mech, but not in it.
Anyone had this one before?
Thanks,
Bob
User is offlineProfile CardPM
Go to the top of the page
+Quote Post

Posts in this topic

Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

- Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 17th May 2024 - 07:07 PM