Home  |  Forums  |  914 Info  |  Blogs

914World.com - The fastest growing online 914 community!

Porsche, and the Porsche crest are registered trademarks of Dr. Ing. h.c. F. Porsche AG. This site is not affiliated with Porsche in any way.
Its only purpose is to provide an online forum for car enthusiasts. All other trademarks are property of their respective owners.

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

Reply to this topicStart new topic
> So Who's going to Laguna Seca tomorrow?, time trialing
porsche735
post May 2 2003, 06:01 PM
Post #1

Group: Members
Member No.: 127

Looks like the weather is going to be nicer to us than originally expected. On accuweather it looks like very light rain iin the morning until 9 or 10 and then very light rain agian at 6 or so. Should be a good day of driving. Sunday is supposed to be nice.
I can't wait to get out there. Hope the car will stick together. Currently we have no oil leaks and no cutout problem. This could be our first trouble-free event (spitting , knocking on wood, etc. so as not to jinx it).
Looks like the Pickerings will be there. Anyone else?

chris
User is offlineProfile CardPM
Go to the top of the page
+Quote Post
Mueller
post May 2 2003, 06:04 PM
Post #2

914 Freak!

Member No.: 87
Region Association: None

Nope, no tracks for a while (IMG:style_emoticons/default/sad.gif)

What do you think the problem was with your car?
+Quote Post
Brad Roberts
post May 2 2003, 06:29 PM
Post #3

914 Freak!

Member No.: 8

Mike,

Do you want to go down on Sunday ?? RGruppe is in Monterrey this weekend.

B
+Quote Post
Mueller
post May 2 2003, 06:37 PM
Post #4

914 Freak!

Let me discuss that with the misses on the way home...I'm outta here right now...........
+Quote Post
Mueller
post May 2 2003, 09:22 PM
Post #5

914 Freak!

I'm in for R-Gruppe on Sunday....wanna take the C2? (IMG:style_emoticons/default/MDB2.gif)
+Quote Post
Brad Roberts
post May 2 2003, 09:25 PM
Post #6

914 Freak!

Member No.: 8

Yep.

I can meet you at 880 and 101

Call my cell tomorrow morning... I'm headed to THILL with one of the Winston Cup cars.

B
+Quote Post
porsche735
post May 5 2003, 12:32 PM
Post #7

Member No.: 127

Mike,
We figured out what the problem was with the miss. It turned out that the balast resistor in line with the head temp sensor would intermittently open circuit! Let me know how to get your alternator back to you.
This weekend was great. Well, kind of. The car was running beautifully and then it started having problems. The first was a wire fell down into teh fan area and caused teh alternator belt to come off..not a problem fixing that. Then as we were about to go back on track we noticed a huge banding noise inside the engine. Then it went away, so we thought it was a stuck valve. My dad went out on track and said it felt like it was running on 3 cylinders.
Well, long story short, we busted a rocker arm stud. We thought we were done for the weekend after trying to find a stud at about every auto parts place around (later we found out David Loop was running with us and he owns a local shop, I tried calling his shop with no answer!).
Greg Chiocco and Kevin Crozier came by and said that Greg was headed home for the night and would be back the next morning. They had a few heads at home that he could pull the studs from (the one broken one caused the other one to fail as well by rounding the threads).
Greg arrived in the morning with 4 studs for us and a few extra nuts. We were luckily able to get the old stud out on Saturday evening so we were ready for install. We got it put back together, adjusted the valves and were on the track only missing 1 run session.
I ended up taking first and my dad took second (we are a 2 driver car).
I would like to thank Kevin and Greg again for their help. It is things like this that really brings 914 owners together.

Thanks,
chris
+Quote Post

Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

- Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 28th March 2024 - 04:26 AM