Home  |  Forums  |  914 Info  |  Blogs

914World.com - The fastest growing online 914 community!

Porsche, and the Porsche crest are registered trademarks of Dr. Ing. h.c. F. Porsche AG. This site is not affiliated with Porsche in any way.
Its only purpose is to provide an online forum for car enthusiasts. All other trademarks are property of their respective owners.

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

> It runs, Part II, look at what I found! and some questions
3liter914-6
post Sep 3 2004, 07:11 PM
Post #1

Master of Clueless Posts

Group: Benefactors
Member No.: 1,238
Region Association: MidAtlantic Region

Well after a thorough cleaning of the combustion chamber and swapping around of injectors and and wiring to no success, I spun the engine over by hand to figure out when the air was leaking past the valve. A few times around and it became pretty clear that if any air was getting by the valve while it was close it wasn't much and it wasn't until the valve started opening that a rather strong puff of air could be felt. So it seems like whatever crud was in there it isn't or wasn't causing the intake valve to not seat. Hypothesizing that perhaps it wasn't a problem with the intake valve, but that the exhaust valve wasn't opening for some reason I drained the oil, lowered the engine (again) and found this:

Attached image(s)
Attached Image
User is offlineProfile CardPM
Go to the top of the page
+Quote Post

Posts in this topic
3liter914-6   It runs, Part II   Sep 3 2004, 07:11 PM
3liter914-6   Pretty isn't it? So I just want to bounce s...   Sep 3 2004, 07:18 PM
Brad Roberts   Pop on a rocker on it at this point. If the valve ...   Sep 3 2004, 07:50 PM
3liter914-6  

Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

- Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 21st May 2024 - 02:02 AM