Home  |  Forums  |  914 Info  |  Blogs

914World.com - The fastest growing online 914 community!

Porsche, and the Porsche crest are registered trademarks of Dr. Ing. h.c. F. Porsche AG. This site is not affiliated with Porsche in any way.
Its only purpose is to provide an online forum for car enthusiasts. All other trademarks are property of their respective owners.

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

> Long stiffening kit with cage, Is it necessary?
ThePaintedMan
post Feb 21 2012, 02:25 AM
Post #1

Advanced Member

Group: Members
Member No.: 13,527
Region Association: South East States

Sorry for the back-to-back posts. Well its almost time to button up the passenger long after all of the work from the past two months. I read all of the comments regarding the Engman kit, and being the CSOB I am, I made my own version, which turned out pretty well. However, I'm at a crossroads of sorts. First, I was not planning on closing the outside of the long until I welded in the stiffening kit on the inside, mostly because I wanted to be able to go back afterward and rustproof/paint all of the welds on the inside, since the POR thats on there will be melted away. Then I thought, with the problems people already have with door gaps and the Engman kits, maybe I would be inviting disaster by trying to weld on the inside without the outside clamshell in place. Finally, this car will be getting a full cage at some point anyway for use in Chumpcar. If its properly constructed, will this negate any benefits of stiffening the longs anyway? Again, sorry for being a post whore and always, thanks for your input!
User is offlineProfile CardPM
Go to the top of the page
+Quote Post

Posts in this topic

Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

- Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 19th May 2024 - 02:19 AM