Home  |  Forums  |  914 Info  |  Blogs

914World.com - The fastest growing online 914 community!

Porsche, and the Porsche crest are registered trademarks of Dr. Ing. h.c. F. Porsche AG. This site is not affiliated with Porsche in any way.
Its only purpose is to provide an online forum for car enthusiasts. All other trademarks are property of their respective owners.

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

3 Pages V < 1 2 3  
Reply to this topicStart new topic
> Here is a how to for dent removal Not just filling it up with plastic, Or... When your cracker jack box has a nasty surprise
r_towle
post Mar 4 2013, 07:11 PM
Post #41

Custom Member

Group: Members
Member No.: 124
Region Association: North East States

Awesome and thank for taking my call.
I will go tack on some tabs and pull the problem just like you show it, should do the trick.

Rich
User is offlineProfile CardPM
Go to the top of the page
+Quote Post
scotty b
post Mar 4 2013, 10:35 PM
Post #42

rust free you say ?

Member No.: 3,419
Region Association: None

FWIW, and not ot steal Ricks thread, this 993 was done with only a dolly and a shrinking disc. Needed NO filler when done. Only a couple thick ( 3 ) coats of primer. Don't get suckerd into buying any expensive tools (IMG:style_emoticons/default/dry.gif)

http://kahikocustoms.com/auto-projects/993-collision-damage
+Quote Post
rick 918-S
post Mar 5 2013, 07:44 AM
Post #43

Hey nice rack! -Celette

Member No.: 43
Region Association: Northstar Region

QUOTE(scotty b @ Mar 4 2013, 10:35 PM) *

FWIW, and not ot steal Ricks thread, this 993 was done with only a dolly and a shrinking disc. Needed NO filler when done. Only a couple thick ( 3 ) coats of primer. Don't get suckerd into buying any expensive tools (IMG:style_emoticons/default/dry.gif)

Awesome work Scotty. (IMG:style_emoticons/default/smash.gif) (IMG:style_emoticons/default/welder.gif) (IMG:style_emoticons/default/smash.gif) (IMG:style_emoticons/default/first.gif)

Since my last post on this thread I purchased a shrinking disc. I am using on the Mercedes to finish the body seams after welding the panels. I'll have to take some photos and add it to my welding thread.
+Quote Post
rick 918-S
post Mar 5 2013, 07:48 AM
Post #44

Hey nice rack! -Celette

Member No.: 43
Region Association: Northstar Region

QUOTE(r_towle @ Mar 4 2013, 07:11 PM) *

Awesome and thank for taking my call.
I will go tack on some tabs and pull the problem just like you show it, should do the trick.

Rich

Anytime Rich. I finished the plow last night. (IMG:style_emoticons/default/smile.gif) I'll post photos later. Gottsta go out and move some snow. (IMG:style_emoticons/default/dry.gif)
+Quote Post
Spoke
post Mar 5 2013, 10:48 AM
Post #45

Jerry

Member No.: 3,031

QUOTE(rick 918-S @ Mar 5 2013, 08:44 AM) *

Since my last post on this thread I purchased a shrinking disc. I am using on the Mercedes to finish the body seams after welding the panels. I'll have to take some photos and add it to my welding thread.

Awesome work Rick. It's guys like you and ScottyB who remind us all that the American craftsman is alive and at work. Good job.

I have a shrinking disk but have not used it since I don't have a tool to spin it to 3500 RPM (I think). What tool do you use to spin it up fast enough to be effective and at what RPM?
+Quote Post
mrbubblehead
post Mar 5 2013, 12:04 PM
Post #46

Twodollardoug

Member No.: 12,492
Region Association: Southern California

QUOTE(rick 918-S @ Mar 5 2013, 05:44 AM) *

QUOTE(scotty b @ Mar 4 2013, 10:35 PM) *

Awesome work Scotty. (IMG:style_emoticons/default/smash.gif) (IMG:style_emoticons/default/welder.gif) (IMG:style_emoticons/default/smash.gif) (IMG:style_emoticons/default/first.gif)

how is the shrinking disc working for you rick? was there a learning curve?
+Quote Post
scotty b
post Mar 5 2013, 12:14 PM
Post #47

rust free you say ?

Member No.: 3,419

QUOTE(Spoke @ Mar 5 2013, 08:48 AM) *

QUOTE(rick 918-S @ Mar 5 2013, 08:44 AM) *

Awesome work Rick. It's guys like you and ScottyB who remind us all that the American craftsman is alive and at work. Good job.

I have a shrinking disk but have not used it since I don't have a tool to spin it to 3500 RPM (I think). What tool do you use to spin it up fast enough to be effective and at what RPM?

Harbor freight angle grinder. If you have a larger size disc get the big boy. A regular 4" grinder will run it, but the discs edge will be RIGHT at your fingers. I bumped it once and cut through a leather welding glove (IMG:style_emoticons/default/unsure.gif) Later went and got the bigger grinder
+Quote Post

3 Pages V < 1 2 3
Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

- Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 8th June 2024 - 09:47 PM