Home  |  Forums  |  914 Info  |  Blogs

914World.com - The fastest growing online 914 community!

Porsche, and the Porsche crest are registered trademarks of Dr. Ing. h.c. F. Porsche AG. This site is not affiliated with Porsche in any way.
Its only purpose is to provide an online forum for car enthusiasts. All other trademarks are property of their respective owners.

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

2 Pages V < 1 2  
Reply to this topicStart new topic
> done fuming, d.a tech person
mike_the_man
post Sep 16 2004, 09:05 AM
Post #21

I like stuff!

Group: Members
Member No.: 809

QUOTE(F4i @ Sep 15 2004, 08:30 PM)
Anybody know of a good alignment shop in Calgary? This sounds like a road I do not want to go down. (IMG:style_emoticons/default/unsure.gif)

Dylan, I'm in the same boat you are. It shouldn't be too bad finding a place in Calgary, but finding somewhere in Regina is pretty tough. I took my car to what was supposed to be "the place" for alignments. I gave him the specs that I wanted the car aligned to, front and rear. I left my cell number and told them to call if there were any questions or issues.

A couple hours later I stop in to pick it up. All that had been adjusted was the toe. The wrench says that there isn't enough adjustment to do the camber and caster ( a lie). He also told me that the rear isn't adjustable, I told him it was. So he starts back tracking and tells me I never told him to do the rear. When looking at the specs, the rear toe was positive on one side, and negative on the other! Why wouldn't I want that fixed?!?

I figure he had no idea what he was doing, and he was just trying to hide his incompetence. So, I understand the frustration. I'd call and complain. Have them redo it for free, while you stand over the guys shoulder.
User is offlineProfile CardPM
Go to the top of the page
+Quote Post
rhodyguy
post Sep 16 2004, 09:11 AM
Post #22

Chimp Sanctuary NW. Check it out.

Member No.: 378
Region Association: Galt's Gulch

" can i watch?". "our insurance company prohibits customers being in the work area". (IMG:style_emoticons/default/rolleyes.gif)

kevin
+Quote Post
mike_the_man
post Sep 16 2004, 11:52 AM
Post #23

I like stuff!

"My common sense prohibits me from letting you touch my car, without me there."
+Quote Post
rhodyguy
post Sep 16 2004, 11:58 AM
Post #24

where did the expansion joints go? the car came down near 1 1/4" after cutting the bumper stops. raised it back up and i think i'm pretty close. hard to tell exactly using a framing square on the concete floor. my street intersects at a 90* angle with an arterial. i could get the rear end to step out pretty easily before, with a little throttle turning right onto my street. ass end stays put now. time to crank up the dampening and see if i can get a ticket. (IMG:style_emoticons/default/driving.gif)

ps. i think the bumpstops should arrive precut. if someone missed this one and a couple of other obscure threads, they would'nt know how important it is.

kevin
+Quote Post
J P Stein
post Sep 16 2004, 12:11 PM
Post #25

Irrelevant old fart

Member No.: 45
Region Association: None

The guy up the street (Carl's Alignment) that does my alignment hates my car.....but he still does it every year. We swap lies while he works on it and cusses ......kinda like I do when I work on it.

I do all the work I can....camber & ride height ...he tweaks them in...... but I make no attempt to set toe or caster.

I would recommend learning to do this stuff, then finding a guy like Carl.

I have a buddy that took his Boxster S to Fordahl's for an AX set-up. He didn't like the way it felt and was pretty vocal about it. Now that he's used to it, he's going faster and don't say much....go figure.
+Quote Post
rhodyguy
post Sep 16 2004, 12:14 PM
Post #26

elmers, 7:00am, on the other side if the freeway? i know fer sure sunday is the correct day.

kevin
+Quote Post
F4i
post Sep 16 2004, 01:10 PM
Post #27

914 DOG!

Group: Benefactors
Member No.: 1,460

Hey Mike I can ask a friend of mine from The Big Regina if he knows of a place. He grew up there. (along with everyone else that lives here now (IMG:style_emoticons/default/laugh.gif) )
+Quote Post
mike_the_man
post Sep 16 2004, 02:08 PM
Post #28

I like stuff!

Dylan, that'd be great. Is it wrong that I want to move to Calgary too? A lot of my friends have moved there. A great city, I think.
+Quote Post
F4i
post Sep 16 2004, 02:32 PM
Post #29

914 DOG!

Group: Benefactors
Member No.: 1,460

It is one of the best citys in Canada. Jobs, no provincal debt, low crime etc. You can come but don't tell anyone how nice it is. OK (IMG:style_emoticons/default/beerchug.gif) The winters can suck though. You already know that from living where you do now. I was born here and have really watched it grow. We are falling behind in infastructure.
+Quote Post

2 Pages V < 1 2
Reply to this topicStart new topic
2 User(s) are reading this topic (2 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

- Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 29th April 2024 - 10:59 AM