Home  |  Forums  |  914 Info  |  Blogs

914World.com - The fastest growing online 914 community!

Porsche, and the Porsche crest are registered trademarks of Dr. Ing. h.c. F. Porsche AG. This site is not affiliated with Porsche in any way.
Its only purpose is to provide an online forum for car enthusiasts. All other trademarks are property of their respective owners.

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

Reply to this topicStart new topic
> Sacramento: Award Winning 1972 Porsche 914 (El Dorado Hills)
914World
post Mar 4 2012, 02:27 AM
Post #1

Member #1
****************************************************************************************************

Group: Members
Member No.: 1
Region Association: None

Here are some pictures of the Award Winning Silver 1972 Porsche 914 for sale here. But first, a little background on the car:

• The 1.7 liter engine was re-built January of 1998
• This car placed 2nd in its class in 1998 Porsche Club of America (PCA), Zone 7 Automotion Concours.
• An appraisal done soon after the above event, listed the value at $10,000 (can find - still looking)
• Soon after the appraisal above, there was a metal up "strip and paint" done on the car.
• In 2001 this car placed 1st in its class in the PCA, Zone 7 Niello Concours.
• Car shown in the 2003 PCA/Shriner's Concours "Wash and Show" only (not entered in Concours Judging) - won a Peoples Choice Award.
• In 2004 this car placed 1st in its class in the PCA/Shriner's Concours.

More on the 1998 re-build of the 1.7 liter engine:

• Re-built with hydraulic lifters and 1.8 liter heads (no more valve adjustments) (this added about 5 hp)
• Crane Electronic ignition (about 5 more hp) and a high torque starter (a lot of compression in this engine)
• A Bursch Exhaust (about 5 more hp)
• A Short Shift kit

More on the car:

• Appearance Group Package (if I remember right, this includes the black B/C-Pillars, The center console with instrument gauges, and maybe the driving lights)
• Chrome bumpers
• Pedrinni Alloy Wheels (optional OEM equipment), with "custom made for this car only", Porsche Crest center hubs
• A Momo steering wheel (I also have the original)
• A Special Addition front air dam (I also have the original valance)
• Alpine alarm, with interior motion sensor.
• Alpine stereo, with a 100 watt Kicker amplifier, and Infinity speakers.
• Wet Okole seats (neoprene)
• No cracking on the dashboard
• no rust, that I can think of, except on the battery tray (area below battery tray is not rusted) (I have a new battery tray but, it needs to be installed)

There is currently about 10,000 miles on the re-built engine.

I've put somewhere close to $15,000 into the car.

The car is not currently a 100 point car but, it consistently ranked a high 90s score in the concours. The car is being sold as is.

If you are truly interested in this car and would like more pictures, I can email them to you, just let me know.

THE BEST CASH OFFER (within reason - no trades please) will be the new owner upon completion of transaction. Delivery/pickup of the car will be the responsibility of the buyer. I am willing to go to my local DMV with the new buyer to do the transfer paperwork.

• it's NOT ok to contact this poster with services or other commercial interests
View the full article

THIS IS NOT A 914WORLD AD!
Do not reply to this thread! No one is listening!

Click on the "View the full article" link above to go to the actual Ad!
User is offlineProfile CardPM
Go to the top of the page
+Quote Post

Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

- Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 27th April 2024 - 01:03 PM