Home  |  Forums  |  914 Info  |  Blogs

914World.com - The fastest growing online 914 community!

Porsche, and the Porsche crest are registered trademarks of Dr. Ing. h.c. F. Porsche AG. This site is not affiliated with Porsche in any way.
Its only purpose is to provide an online forum for car enthusiasts. All other trademarks are property of their respective owners.

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

2 Pages V < 1 2  
Reply to this topicStart new topic
> Used Audi A6, Good car, or Money Pit?
914werke
post Sep 18 2004, 10:43 AM
Post #21

"I got blisters on me fingers"

Group: Members
Member No.: 453
Region Association: Pacific Northwest

Teeners are the bomb for what they are ... a stripped down "sports car".
But once you experiance BOOST in a quality german autobaun burner ... (IMG:style_emoticons/default/smilie_pokal.gif) (IMG:style_emoticons/default/wink.gif) (IMG:style_emoticons/default/aktion035.gif) (IMG:style_emoticons/default/mueba.gif) (IMG:style_emoticons/default/rocking nana.gif)
User is offlineProfile CardPM
Go to the top of the page
+Quote Post
campbellcj
post Sep 18 2004, 01:37 PM
Post #22

I can't Re Member

Member No.: 21
Region Association: Southern California

Just now I was chatting with an RS6 owner at the local gas station. Damn, I love those cars. He said the production run was extended and so by waiting a bit he got it for $15K below sticker vs. the outrageous over-MSRP prices the stealers were trying to get originally.

If I find that pot of gold at the end of the rainbow in the next few months, it will be very hard to decide between a 997S and RS6. Having a real trunk and back seat is a real plus IMO for a daily driver.

I love watching Randy Pobst and Michael Galati pushing around the RS6's in the GT series. They are so heavy and powerful (550+ HP in race form IIRC) that they tend to always toast their tires in the first few laps, which makes for some interesting action later on.
+Quote Post
matt_o_70
post Sep 18 2004, 03:09 PM
Post #23

Member No.: 2,312

While I love the Audi and VW cars for thier looks and fun.. I have owned many..
I did my time as a professional mechanic and If reliability and dependability are what you are after in a used car the Japanese are the way to go (Especially for a daily driver).

But if you value the aspects of these cars (looks, performance, etc..) that some of the Japanese cars lack and are aware of the costs involved in repairing them you can pick up a great car at a great price. Be realistic you will have to put some money into a used car (esp if is European in my experience).

My buddy has not been terribly impressed with the quality of his A4.. lots of little things since new... another friend whose S4 has had 2 head gasket issues (but covered by VAG).
Repairs can be expensive.. best if you can handle most of them your self. Anything with AWD usually means that repairs that require the removal of engine or tranny is going to hurt your wallet.

anything with a turbo is great fun to drive but usually will need more attention.. (IMG:style_emoticons/default/wacko.gif)

You said that this will be "the family car" The other factor here is does that mean it is the wifes car? If so I think a huge factor is who drives the car and that they love the car. I am willing to trade some dependability in my car for happiness. But when it comes to the wife she only cares that it works. So make sure everyone involved is onboard before buying it.
+Quote Post

2 Pages V < 1 2
Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

- Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 8th June 2024 - 10:29 PM