Home  |  Forums  |  914 Info  |  Blogs

914World.com - The fastest growing online 914 community!

Porsche, and the Porsche crest are registered trademarks of Dr. Ing. h.c. F. Porsche AG. This site is not affiliated with Porsche in any way.
Its only purpose is to provide an online forum for car enthusiasts. All other trademarks are property of their respective owners.

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

Reply to this topicStart new topic
> Top Price paid for 914 at Monterey, as seen in "Autoweek" magazine
Maltese Falcon
post Sep 16 2004, 10:04 PM
Post #1

Advanced Member

Group: Members
Member No.: 2,755
Region Association: None

Attention future wealthy 914Clubers,
I just got my "Autoweek" (09-20/ pg.29) mag today and was greatly moved by the recent RM Sports & Classic Car Auction , held at the Monterey Historics in August. A clean ( stock) '75 914 2.0 went to the highest bid of $11,000.00. Elaborating further the editor stated that our cars " With the passage of time the odd lines of the car have become more appealing, and we expect that good 914s will continue to creep up in price". Funny thing mentioned though was that VWs and Porsches dual heritage has served (the 914s) badly over time ...proll'y their 70's marketing strategy that made us "Entry level" P car owners very happy...and the most expensive 911 P car owner (of the day) very upset having to share the valet parking lot with us! The Heinz Nordhoff- Ferdinand Porsche deal is altogether another story (IMG:style_emoticons/default/wink.gif) .
Hey did someone say Toureg, or did you say Cayenne ?
Makes me wonder what all of these Rolex toting , manicured , instant tanned auctioneers will start asking for some of the historically rich racing 914s out there . If you are selling a 914...consider a classic car auction . The 9146GT might be the Cobra of the 21st century (IMG:style_emoticons/default/aktion035.gif)
MF
User is offlineProfile CardPM
Go to the top of the page
+Quote Post

Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

- Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 6th June 2024 - 01:47 AM