Home  |  Forums  |  914 Info  |  Blogs

914World.com - The fastest growing online 914 community!

Porsche, and the Porsche crest are registered trademarks of Dr. Ing. h.c. F. Porsche AG. This site is not affiliated with Porsche in any way.
Its only purpose is to provide an online forum for car enthusiasts. All other trademarks are property of their respective owners.

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

Reply to this topicStart new topic
> E-Bay Alert Porsche 914 V8
soloracer
post May 5 2003, 08:42 PM
Post #1

Group: Members
Member No.: 538

Check it out:

914 on Ebay

I'm the current high bidder......c'mon Brad, you can't let me have this one too..... (IMG:style_emoticons/default/tongue.gif)
User is offlineProfile CardPM
Go to the top of the page
+Quote Post
Aaron Cox
post May 5 2003, 08:47 PM
Post #2

Professional Lawn Dart

Group: Retired Admin
Member No.: 219
Region Association: Southern California

interesting whale tail...hey man, fill in your location, others may need to bum some parts locally. cool car tho! (IMG:style_emoticons/default/boldblue.gif)
+Quote Post
GWN7
post May 5 2003, 09:31 PM
Post #3

King of Road Trips

Member No.: 56
Region Association: Northstar Region

Location: Calgary......another one of those darn Canuks (IMG:style_emoticons/default/smile.gif)
+Quote Post
Mueller
post May 5 2003, 09:37 PM
Post #4

914 Freak!

Member No.: 87
Region Association: None

Neat looking car except for the rear spoiler...the spoiler just does not belong on the car in form, fit or function....

Good luck getting it.......

Did you give up on your MR2 powerplant for your 914???
+Quote Post
Brad Roberts
post May 5 2003, 11:03 PM
Post #5

914 Freak!

Member No.: 8

No thanks.

You cant keep fiberglass body kits on V8 914's... they always crack unless you DZUS them on.

B
+Quote Post
soloracer
post May 6 2003, 12:39 AM
Post #6

Member No.: 538

I still have the MR2 engine and will use it if I am unable to come up with a cost effective alternative. I figure that the MR2 turbo engine will cost me approx $ 4500 canadian with all the necessary pieces. A concern was if I eventually did go with a Porsche six what would the market be like for the MR2 turbo engine/915 adapter? A little research tells me that it would be easier to unload a Subaru or V8 adapter. I was considering a V8 but found out that an LS1 won't fit without modifying the firewall and trunk as per Renegade Hybrids. If I find a 3.2 or 3.6 locally for a reasonable cost I would consider going that route instead. I was offered a 1985 911 with a 3.2 and a blown DME for $6500 US. I'm kicking myself now for not taking that car, removing the engine and then selling the shell.

Brad, are you saying that if I went with a V8 on my car I should worry about damaging the body kit? What would cause the problems? Torque? Weight? Would the chassis stiffening kit on my car help prevent this?

I'm actually not serious about buying the car on ebay as my maximum bid is nowhere near the reserve. I don't mind the look of the car though and appreciate the work that appears to have been put into it. Probably would make for a fun driver and track car.
+Quote Post
Brad Roberts
post May 6 2003, 12:43 AM
Post #7

914 Freak!

Member No.: 8

The body kits dont last when you mould them to the car. It really has little to do with the V8. The V8 just makes it a little worse. I was mostly referring to that particular body kit.

B
+Quote Post

Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

- Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 25th April 2024 - 02:56 PM