Home  |  Forums  |  914 Info  |  Blogs

914World.com - The fastest growing online 914 community!

Porsche, and the Porsche crest are registered trademarks of Dr. Ing. h.c. F. Porsche AG. This site is not affiliated with Porsche in any way.
Its only purpose is to provide an online forum for car enthusiasts. All other trademarks are property of their respective owners.

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

Reply to this topicStart new topic
> My 914 is not feeling horny..., It should be.
worktheweb
post Sep 20 2004, 10:16 AM
Post #1

Group: Members
Member No.: 2,079

My 914 needs a horn to pass VA inspection. Both my originals are long dead. Do I have to buy the 914 replacements ($35 each from PP) or can I use something else? PP sells the 928 (87-89) horns for $16 each. What's a cheap replacement?

TIA,

Bob J.
User is offlineProfile CardPM
Go to the top of the page
+Quote Post
ArtechnikA
post Sep 20 2004, 10:27 AM
Post #2

rich herzog

Member No.: 513
Region Association: None

unsurprisingly, VW horns work just fine available in boneyards and VW shops everywhere.

however - i have air horns in my Porsches, because i drive on roads with SUV's and inattentive drivers ...
+Quote Post
type47
post Sep 20 2004, 10:31 AM
Post #3

Viermeister

Member No.: 994
Region Association: MidAtlantic Region

i would check for 12 Volts at the terminals that plug/connect to the horn to verify it's the horn, not the wiring to the horn. then i would go to FLAPS (advance, auto zone, olympic...) and get a cheap VW replacement horn (or go to junkyard...) but for the price, new would probably be more cost/time effective. then i would put "a real P-car horn" on my shopping list for Hershey.... (IMG:style_emoticons/default/biggrin.gif)

if you get in a bind, i have said VW horn... somewhat local (vienna)

why didn't you register your car as an antique? no safety inspection required in exchange for somewhat limited use..... unless yours is a daily driver.... (IMG:style_emoticons/default/pray.gif)
+Quote Post
worktheweb
post Sep 20 2004, 10:39 AM
Post #4

Member No.: 2,079

My originals are F'd, no question. They have spark though which is always a plus when working on a 914. (IMG:style_emoticons/default/biggrin.gif)

I thought about the VW angle (former Westy owner, current EV owner) but I never liked the VW horn. That said I can get them for $8 each from busdepot.com but if you open that home page you'll see why I never liked the VW horn!

Maybe something from an old Ford truck...
+Quote Post

Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

- Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 16th May 2024 - 07:31 AM