Home  |  Forums  |  914 Info  |  Blogs

914World.com - The fastest growing online 914 community!

Porsche, and the Porsche crest are registered trademarks of Dr. Ing. h.c. F. Porsche AG. This site is not affiliated with Porsche in any way.
Its only purpose is to provide an online forum for car enthusiasts. All other trademarks are property of their respective owners.

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

> Los Angeles: 1974 Porsche Limited Edition 914 (I5 Corridor) $15000
914World
post Mar 24 2012, 11:36 PM
Post #1

Member #1
****************************************************************************************************

Group: Members
Member No.: 1
Region Association: None

I have a very nice 74 Limited Edition Creamsicle I have restored over the last 4 years. I am currently in Lake Havasu for a 914 Event. I will be heading home to Oregon tomorrow. I have rebuilt basically everything on this car. It's been repainted & is in very good condition. I would not consider it a concours restoration but a very nice solid car. It had minor rust in the battery tray area. Just surface stuff but I replaced the tray anyway. The motor is broken in with about 2000 miles on it. & replaced the leaky seal also. There are a few minor flaws in the paint. I have a the Certificate of authenticity from Porsche proving it is a LE Can Am car. I also have the original window sticker for it.

The bad is I got it with a salvadge title. That is from Oregon & I could only find minor damage to the drivers front fender. I cut out & replaced the small section. Basically they caught something with the front turn signal bucket. There was a tear in the fender from the top of the bucket to midway through the front wheel arch. I cut out that area & replaced with a perfect piece. When I had the paint done I found no damage anywhere else on the car. I was very disapointed to find the salvadge title with it as it doesn't deserve one. It also can use a little fine tuning (minor popping on decel). It is running & driving fine. It has been getting a little hot here in the dessert & heat on the hills. Not oveheating but hotter than at home in Oregon & on the drive down through Cali. The engine is also not numbers matching. When I got the car it had a 73 2.0 engine in it. I searched in Vain to fin the original case & motor. I finally settled for one just 19 numbers off the original.

So after all that if you'd like to take a look at it. I will be driving home tomorrow. I will be working my way over through Bakersfield & basically north up the 5 back to Oregon. Feel free to call me with any questions. Thanks-
Jamie 5four1 5one0 00eight6

I would also consider a partial trade on a car. Mini Cooper S or another Porsche

• it's NOT ok to contact this poster with services or other commercial interests
View the full article

THIS IS NOT A 914WORLD AD!
Do not reply to this thread! No one is listening!

Click on the "View the full article" link above to go to the actual Ad!
User is offlineProfile CardPM
Go to the top of the page
+Quote Post

Posts in this topic

Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

- Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 17th May 2024 - 04:49 AM