Home  |  Forums  |  914 Info  |  Blogs

914World.com - The fastest growing online 914 community!

Porsche, and the Porsche crest are registered trademarks of Dr. Ing. h.c. F. Porsche AG. This site is not affiliated with Porsche in any way.
Its only purpose is to provide an online forum for car enthusiasts. All other trademarks are property of their respective owners.

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

Reply to this topicStart new topic
> the weekend of 7/4, sovren races @ pir
rhodyguy
post May 7 2003, 05:56 AM
Post #1

Chimp Sanctuary NW. Check it out.

Group: Members
Member No.: 378
Region Association: Galt's Gulch

on the weekend of the fourth, sovren sponsors a weekend of racing to benefit childrens hospital in seattle. i will inquire about getting a space in the car corral. different clubs park their cars in an enclosed area (near the front gate). geoff says there is a max of 20 cars per group those wishing to participate should proudly display a 914club sticker, not mandatory. maybe the gear bag on the seat as well.

this is a great event. last year i got a poster of dan gurney in his #23 gp car. he was there and signed it for me. the cars that come out of the wood work for this are unbelieveable. pete lovery brings a fine livery, bruce mccaw drags out his private collection, pete edelbrock and his rr corvette. lolas, form fords, trans am, listers, farrarri's. lots of canadians come down. watched a guy put his REAL gt40 into a jersey barrier a few years back. i'll find my program from last year and post some entrants/cars. you still will have time to get home for the hotdogs and fireworks. rumor has it the new owners at pir, formerly sir have fixed things up. the track had fallen into disrepair. the pits are wide open and everyone is very friendly. anyone up for this?

kevin
User is offlineProfile CardPM
Go to the top of the page
+Quote Post
Bleyseng
post May 7 2003, 08:25 AM
Post #2

Aircooled Baby!

Member No.: 24
Region Association: Pacific Northwest

I will be there and go to the corral. What day?If you are in the NW are enjoy cars this is the can't miss event! 904's,917's, lolas, Poopers, darn near anything will be there.
Brad or SirAndy could you nail this???

Geoff (IMG:style_emoticons/default/boldblue.gif)
+Quote Post
boxstr
post May 7 2003, 09:01 AM
Post #3

MEMBER:PACIFIC NORTHWEST REGION

Member No.: 12
Region Association: Pacific Northwest

Portland International Raceway is the following weekend, starts Friday the 11th and goes to the 13th.
There will be alot of the same cars as in Seattle but not all.
CCLINVINTAGERACERLAND
+Quote Post
Blair_RacerBoy
post May 7 2003, 06:43 PM
Post #4

Member No.: 659

Sweet does anybody know what make they will be celebrating? i went last year and got to see a mustang and a transam tie it up together right in front of where i was standing, nothing like a really expensive fiberglass shower (IMG:style_emoticons/default/aktion035.gif)
+Quote Post
airkewl
post May 20 2003, 01:17 PM
Post #5

Member No.: 120

The event information can be found at http://www.sovren.org
The featured marque is Ford, since it is their 100 annivesary. Trans Am cars will be there, and the honorary marshall is Parnelli Jones.

If you come out, be sure to look me up in the paddock. I'll be racing my orange 911, number 901.

Tony
+Quote Post
rhodyguy
post May 22 2003, 05:56 AM
Post #6

Chimp Sanctuary NW. Check it out.

Member No.: 378
Region Association: Galt's Gulch

tony, perhaps you would would like me to drive the 3.0 to the car coral for you. (IMG:style_emoticons/default/clap56.gif) oh, back to your place too, via the north cascade hiway.

kevin
+Quote Post

Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

- Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 30th May 2024 - 04:01 AM