Home  |  Forums  |  914 Info  |  Blogs

914World.com - The fastest growing online 914 community!

Porsche, and the Porsche crest are registered trademarks of Dr. Ing. h.c. F. Porsche AG. This site is not affiliated with Porsche in any way.
Its only purpose is to provide an online forum for car enthusiasts. All other trademarks are property of their respective owners.

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

> mixture adjustment via head temp resistance
ape914
post Apr 4 2012, 10:12 AM
Post #1

red locktite

Group: Retired Members
Member No.: 12,676
Region Association: None

Just wondering if anyone has made up some data points on how a change of resistance in the head temp circuit effects the mixture?

I know of some one long ago that had installed an additional head temp resistor in line. They wired a variable resistor (potentiometer) all the way up to the dash so they could add enrichment on the fly. They had no airfuel meter so it was all seat of the pants.

I am considering that a a possible fine tunning method on a D-jet 914. With an aftermarket cam, big bore pistons and non-stock compression ratio, I think there might be some room to add enrichment across the range.

what I am thinking is to add an airfuel ratio meter, or go by head or exhaust temp as a guide, and adjust the mixture via this method and watch the gauges to try to find an optimal setting.

Has anyone already tried this?

How does head temp reistance effect the mixture? is it uniform across the rpm and load range? or does it only effect certain running conditions?

Just begining the thought process on this, and dont want to re-invent the wheel if it has already been tried.

By running a parallel reisistance, one could also lean out the mixture.

I know some folks will tune the Pressure sensor (MPS) to change mixture, but I am thinking this is one more tunning tool maybe,and with a variable resistor wired to the dash, it can be changed on the fly, unlike MPS adjustments.
User is offlineProfile CardPM
Go to the top of the page
+Quote Post

Posts in this topic

Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

- Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 19th May 2024 - 10:22 AM