Home  |  Forums  |  914 Info  |  Blogs

914World.com - The fastest growing online 914 community!

Porsche, and the Porsche crest are registered trademarks of Dr. Ing. h.c. F. Porsche AG. This site is not affiliated with Porsche in any way.
Its only purpose is to provide an online forum for car enthusiasts. All other trademarks are property of their respective owners.

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

2 Pages V < 1 2  
Reply to this topicStart new topic
> PPG Paint vs Omni, ppg paint vs omni
914forme
post Oct 3 2004, 05:54 PM
Post #21

Times a wastin', get wrenchin'!

Group: Members
Member No.: 2,388
Region Association: None

QUOTE(DonTraver @ Oct 2 2004, 08:43 PM)
One thing I've learned about the EPA when I worked for Caterpillar building and running Generator Plants. Once you get the EPA on you ass, you never, never, never get them off. I saw what happened to other companies that did. Better to not get them on your butt in the first place.

How true that is, the EPA can be a real Bear. I know a guy who built a chrome line in his plant, by the book, and once he was done he called in the EPA just to make sure the book did not change because some EPA do gooder thinks it should.

You will love this one even more, I found some old Dynamite all swelled up and nasty stuff. Called the authorities and they called in the Bomb Squad. Not a big deal right, you ignite it in a controlled environment with people hundreds of feet away. Getting the stuff to where you can burn it is more risky than the destruction process. But you have to call the EPA to get a permit, and then they have to show up, even though these bomb guys are from the airforce base - hey they feds also. 5 hours latter we get to burn this stuff, and now are a dot on the EPA map.

It was a fun day, got to tell everybody at work to leave the building, they thought I fired them! And got to watch a Sheriff take a tape from a news guy - because he was taking pictures of the Airforce Bomb Personnel - National security - this was way before 9/11.
User is offlineProfile CardPM
Go to the top of the page
+Quote Post

2 Pages V < 1 2
Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

- Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 21st May 2024 - 08:27 PM