Home  |  Forums  |  914 Info  |  Blogs

914World.com - The fastest growing online 914 community!

Porsche, and the Porsche crest are registered trademarks of Dr. Ing. h.c. F. Porsche AG. This site is not affiliated with Porsche in any way.
Its only purpose is to provide an online forum for car enthusiasts. All other trademarks are property of their respective owners.

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

> 914World Classifieds Rules

We've established the following rules to help make your sales/purchases as successful as possible!
- Please List WTB:, FS:, TRADE: etc (want to buy, for sale, and trade respectively) before your add title.
- You *must* put a price in your ad and state how you would like payment!
- If you'd like to bump your ads, feel free to do so every two days.
- DO NOT MAKE YOUR ADS IN ALL CAPITAL LETTERS! It's considered rude.
- All eBay ads belong in the eBay category.
- Please consolidate your ads into one big lump... listings and pictures together in one thread. Please be considerate of other classified users!!
- Mark your items "SOLD" once you sell them. Please do not ask to have ads removed. Ads will automatically hide themselves after 30 days. We also ask that you leave your pricing in the ads to help others determine fair market value for future sales.

Reply to this topicStart new topic
> WTB 1.8L Oil Breather Hose
timothy_nd28
post Apr 11 2012, 04:35 PM
Post #1

Advanced Member

Group: Members
Member No.: 8,154
Region Association: Upper MidWest

The one hose I need, wasn't included in the AA vacuum hose kit. Mine is pretty rough, and has many cracks. The car is a 74 1.8L Ljet

Attached Image

Attached Image
User is offlineProfile CardPM
Go to the top of the page
+Quote Post
pilothyer
post Apr 11 2012, 04:50 PM
Post #2

Member No.: 9,080
Region Association: South East States

Hey Tim.....I am thinking that hose should have been included in the kit. It is a very important hose because it will cause quite a vacuum leak if it is not a perfect seal end to end. The L-Jet system suffers terribly with any vacuum leak. I would try to source a suitable piece from your local auto parts store for now untill George at AA can help you get one.
+Quote Post
GaroldShaffer
post Apr 11 2012, 05:06 PM
Post #3

You bought another 914?

Group: Benefactors
Member No.: 865
Region Association: None

Call Brad Mayuer at 309-694-1797 as he may have these in stock.
+Quote Post
timothy_nd28
post Apr 11 2012, 05:15 PM
Post #4

Advanced Member

QUOTE(pilothyer @ Apr 11 2012, 02:50 PM) *

Hey Tim.....I am thinking that hose should have been included in the kit. It is a very important hose because it will cause quite a vacuum leak if it is not a perfect seal end to end. The L-Jet system suffers terribly with any vacuum leak. I would try to source a suitable piece from your local auto parts store for now untill George at AA can help you get one.

I can't remember what size metric hose that is, either 20 or 22mm, but no, it wasn't included in the AA kit. After calling around, no one has such locally. I did buy some 7/8" rubber hose from the local hose/fitting company. 7/8" is not even close, too much play. Plus they charged me 60.00 for 2' of this rare hose. We'll not exactly, I bought 2 feet of one style 7/8" hose, and 2' of another style hose. The second style seemed to be abit more flexable. So 60 bucks for 2 sections of 2' 7/8" hose. Seemed very salty at that time. Even more frustrating when I got home, and it didn't fit right.

So, I'm fine with buying used. Plus this hose has a preformed bend to it, that you can't seem to replicate from buying straight sections of hose.
+Quote Post
Black914_4
post Apr 11 2012, 05:23 PM
Post #5

Member No.: 13,994
Region Association: South East States

60 bucks for 2 sections of 2' 7/8" hose

Holly crap! (IMG:style_emoticons/default/blink.gif)

What store did you go to? I don't think I spent that much for all my vac and gas hoses.
+Quote Post
Valy
post Apr 11 2012, 05:36 PM
Post #6

Member No.: 11,573
Region Association: Northern California

The hose is NLA. If you find a source, buy 2 and I'll take the other one from you on the spot.

Here is what I did and works perfectly:
1. Get 2 90deg 3/4" plastic elbows from Home Depot, Lowes, you name it
2. Get 3/4" rubber hose
3. Cut one side of one elbows as short as reasonably possible. This is the side that will be closest to the big rubber boot.
4. The fit is tight. Try to cut the hose inner lip to 45deg and use soap to fit them on the 22mm mounting lips.
Result:
(IMG:http://www.914world.com/bbs2/uploads/post-11573-1332384265_thumb.jpg)
+Quote Post
timothy_nd28
post Apr 11 2012, 05:43 PM
Post #7

Advanced Member

QUOTE(Valy @ Apr 11 2012, 03:36 PM) *

The hose is NLA. If you find a source, buy 2 and I'll take the other one from you on the spot.

Here is what I did and works perfectly:
1. Get 2 90deg 3/4" plastic elbows from Home Depot, Lowes, you name it
2. Get 3/4" rubber hose
3. Cut one side of one elbows as short as reasonably possible. This is the side that will be closest to the big rubber boot.
4. The fit is tight. Try to cut the hose inner lip to 45deg and use soap to fit them on the 22mm mounting lips.
Result:
(IMG:http://www.914world.com/bbs2/uploads/post-11573-1332384265_thumb.jpg)

Very clever!
+Quote Post
914runnow
post Apr 11 2012, 11:03 PM
Post #8

Member No.: 1,948
Region Association: None

"The hose is NLA. If you find a source, buy 2 and I'll take the other one from you on the spot."
Me Three!! (IMG:style_emoticons/default/chowtime.gif) The Uber Unobtanium 'S' hose for 1.8......
(they do cut down a bit,but only so far)...!! (IMG:style_emoticons/default/blink.gif)
+Quote Post
Valy
post Apr 11 2012, 11:34 PM
Post #9

Member No.: 11,573
Region Association: Northern California

QUOTE(tim_nd @ Apr 11 2012, 04:15 PM) *

QUOTE(pilothyer @ Apr 11 2012, 02:50 PM) *

I can't remember what size metric hose that is, either 20 or 22mm, but no, it wasn't included in the AA kit. After calling around, no one has such locally. I did buy some 7/8" rubber hose from the local hose/fitting company. 7/8" is not even close, too much play. Plus they charged me 60.00 for 2' of this rare hose. We'll not exactly, I bought 2 feet of one style 7/8" hose, and 2' of another style hose. The second style seemed to be abit more flexable. So 60 bucks for 2 sections of 2' 7/8" hose. Seemed very salty at that time. Even more frustrating when I got home, and it didn't fit right.

So, I'm fine with buying used. Plus this hose has a preformed bend to it, that you can't seem to replicate from buying straight sections of hose.

If you're feeling adventurous, take the hose to a FLAPS near you and ask them to match it. I could only find a 90degree elbow for $30
+Quote Post
type47
post Apr 12 2012, 09:02 AM
Post #10

Viermeister

Member No.: 994
Region Association: MidAtlantic Region

My guess is that this hose is N 020.344.1 in the PET 114-05 and is 20 x 2,5 which I think is 20cm long by 2.5cm probably ID
+Quote Post

Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

- Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 17th April 2024 - 07:26 PM