Home  |  Forums  |  914 Info  |  Blogs

914World.com - The fastest growing online 914 community!

Porsche, and the Porsche crest are registered trademarks of Dr. Ing. h.c. F. Porsche AG. This site is not affiliated with Porsche in any way.
Its only purpose is to provide an online forum for car enthusiasts. All other trademarks are property of their respective owners.

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

Reply to this topicStart new topic
> Jammed handbrake, oy
lapuwali
post Oct 9 2004, 05:34 PM
Post #1

Not another one!

Group: Benefactors
Member No.: 1,743

Been having no problems with brakes since I rebuilt the left rear caliper (leaking), until Friday morning. Pushed the lever down and the brakes didn't come off. Thought it was just a seized cable, didn't have time to futz with it, so I took something else.

After looking at it, the cables were not seized, but the e-brake levers on both calipers would not move until I moved them with a big screwdriver. This seems really odd (that both would have the same problem at once). Even after moving the levers, the brakes still drag considerably. This isn't brake line swell (happened all at once, and these are new stainless lines).

No real question, I guess, just griping.
User is offlineProfile CardPM
Go to the top of the page
+Quote Post
lapuwali
post Oct 14 2004, 06:12 PM
Post #2

Not another one!

Group: Benefactors
Member No.: 1,743

After some investigation on this, I now have a question:

There's a pin in the caliper body that the spring on the e-brake arm connects to, which also limits the travel of the arm itself. This is supposed to force the e-brake to release. Said pin appears to have sheared off on my right rear caliper, thus causing my problem.

The question is: has anyone attempted to repair this? I assume that drilling out the old pin, and fastening a new one (using, perhaps a small bolt into a tapped hole, or something similar just JB Welded into place) will work?
User is offlineProfile CardPM
Go to the top of the page
+Quote Post

Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

- Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 17th May 2024 - 05:14 PM