Home  |  Forums  |  914 Info  |  Blogs

914World.com - The fastest growing online 914 community!

Porsche, and the Porsche crest are registered trademarks of Dr. Ing. h.c. F. Porsche AG. This site is not affiliated with Porsche in any way.
Its only purpose is to provide an online forum for car enthusiasts. All other trademarks are property of their respective owners.

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

3 Pages V < 1 2 3  
Reply to this topicStart new topic
> OT: I need help choosing 'other' car, The firm says sedan. I say performace.
carreraguy
post Oct 12 2004, 12:10 PM
Post #41

It's not your dad's 914!

Group: Members
Member No.: 1,256
Region Association: Northern California

IF you can find one, recommend an auto E36 M3 sedan and add a Dinan supercharger for about 340-345hp. Great people/stuff hauler in heavy traffic with get up and go and decent handling when you need it. Traded mine in a few years ago and still miss it just a little.
User is offlineProfile CardPM
Go to the top of the page
+Quote Post
GTeener
post Oct 12 2004, 03:37 PM
Post #42

914 Girl

Member No.: 2,249
Region Association: Northern California

QUOTE(balljoint @ Oct 12 2004, 06:34 AM)
2000 BMW 540

Love'n my 2000 540iT.

I wanted a performance car with utility. Traded my 1991 300ZX for it.

Attached image(s)
Attached Image
+Quote Post
MiddleGACruiser
post Oct 24 2004, 10:24 AM
Post #43

Hobbits? What Hobbits?

Member No.: 2,694
Region Association: None

I know the topic is a little old but here's my choice. The red 2000 540i. The white one is SWMBO's. (IMG:style_emoticons/default/driving.gif)

Attached image(s)
Attached Image
+Quote Post
airsix
post Oct 25 2004, 12:40 PM
Post #44

I have bees in my epiglotis

Member No.: 266

I feel sick.
I've been through every newspaper, dealer, used-car lot, and online auction/classified from Florida to Seattle for the past few weeks. Late last week I found an E36 M3 that sounded great. Black on black 4dr non-luxo manual w/ 51k miles. This is what I've been concentrating on (M3 with those specs and less than 65k miles). Well, I finally found a match and it was in Spokane, only 2 hours away! But it was on Ebay. Auction was to end last night (Sunday).
So Sunday I got up at 6:00am and drove up to meet the owner and see the car. This car could have passed as brand-new. It was that good. It felt more new than even any zero-miles new car I've been in. It still had the break-in procedure vinyl cling stickers in the window. Service records, specs from last allignment, everything was there. It was imaculate in every way. And it was an absolute joy to drive. I came home and last night all pumped up. Kept my eye on the auction all day. Lost it in the last 20 seconds. (where's the 'crying' smiley? How about 'gut-shot' smiley?)

-Ben no-M.
+Quote Post
Rocky
post Oct 25 2004, 12:55 PM
Post #45

From the cockpit

Member No.: 1,845

Give the PO your phone number and have him call you if it falls through. My Bro picked up a Boxter that way. (IMG:style_emoticons/default/beerchug.gif) Some people get caught up in the moment on pee-spray.

Tim
+Quote Post
airsix
post Oct 28 2004, 01:31 AM
Post #46

I have bees in my epiglotis

Member No.: 266

QUOTE(Rocky @ Oct 25 2004, 10:55 AM)
Give the PO your phone number and have him call you if it falls through. My Bro picked up a Boxter that way. (IMG:style_emoticons/default/beerchug.gif) Some people get caught up in the moment on pee-spray.

Tim

Thanks Tim, acctually that's what I had already done before I posted. Guess what. Just got the call. Winning bidder bailed!!!!! Bring out the Mueller bannana dancers!!!! (IMG:style_emoticons/default/mueba.gif) (IMG:style_emoticons/default/mueba.gif) (IMG:style_emoticons/default/mueba.gif) (IMG:style_emoticons/default/mueba.gif)

-Ben ///M.

Attached image(s)
Attached Image
+Quote Post
dlo914
post Oct 28 2004, 02:05 AM
Post #47

Whatchu' lookin' at?!?!

Member No.: 2,697

(IMG:style_emoticons/default/mueba.gif) congrats, that's one schweeeet ride, but there is no substitute (IMG:style_emoticons/default/laugh.gif)
+Quote Post

3 Pages V < 1 2 3
Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

- Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 7th May 2024 - 08:55 AM