Home  |  Forums  |  914 Info  |  Blogs

914World.com - The fastest growing online 914 community!

Porsche, and the Porsche crest are registered trademarks of Dr. Ing. h.c. F. Porsche AG. This site is not affiliated with Porsche in any way.
Its only purpose is to provide an online forum for car enthusiasts. All other trademarks are property of their respective owners.

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

> Rough Running On Hot Days, ...already relocated the fuel pump.
7TPorsh
post May 22 2012, 11:59 AM
Post #1

7T Porsh

Group: Members
Member No.: 5,782
Region Association: Southern California

Running dual webers. Bot a Carter fuel pump, a new line and relocated the pump up front in the spare tire area. Ran new hoses, aluminum line through the tunnel and new filters to the carbs.

When it's hot, maybe over 80 degrees out; the car starts to misfire and buck after I have been driving about an hour. It will start missing then it gets unresponsive to the pedal. Barely idles and then shuts off.

I have to sit about 20 minutes to cool off then I can start up and drive for maybe another 5 or 10 then it starts again.

Cool weather it runs ok. I did the fuel pump thinking it would fix this. It did get a little better but during these couple weeks of hot weather it stated up again.

Hoping this is a simple fix...touching the carbs is a scary task for me to even think about. Don;t want to screw it up worse.

I don't have any type of temp gauges at the moment.
User is offlineProfile CardPM
Go to the top of the page
+Quote Post

Posts in this topic

Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

- Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 18th May 2024 - 07:11 AM