Home  |  Forums  |  914 Info  |  Blogs

914World.com - The fastest growing online 914 community!

Porsche, and the Porsche crest are registered trademarks of Dr. Ing. h.c. F. Porsche AG. This site is not affiliated with Porsche in any way.
Its only purpose is to provide an online forum for car enthusiasts. All other trademarks are property of their respective owners.

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

> New 914 Owner, Lots of questions
SLKWrx
post Oct 12 2004, 06:25 AM
Post #1

Group: Members
Member No.: 2,845
Region Association: North East States

Hey All,
I've been a bit of a lurker lately, trying to pick up hints and tips for when I finally took ownership of my "new" 914. First off, I just want to thank all of you here, I have been reading up a lot and you guys have helped me out immensely. Now to my questions:

1) I'm trying to get the VIN off the car, but the plate on the passenger side in the front trunk area is a little banged up. Trying to make out the numbers but its not really visible. Can anyone help me translate this into a real VIN? Looks to me like "4Z"732927U41 (the 2 #'s in " " I'm not sure if they are numbers or just scratches).

2) The engine code for the car is GA 001294. I'm told this is a 2L or a 2.1L, anyone have any insight?

3) Last one, the body has some rust on it. There is a hole in the rear pass corner of the cabin (where the longs meet the floorpan it looks like), as well as a hole in the driver sail (where the vinyl would go), and a few other patches. I'm trying to decide whether repairing them is the way to go, or to scrap the body and get a shell. How much does a nice shell normally go for? Any chance of finding one, or slim?

Thanks all for your help. I can't wait to get going on this thing! Had one ride on a finished one at an auto-x and fell in love!

With my nose in the service manuals,
-- Steve
User is offlineProfile CardPM
Go to the top of the page
+Quote Post

Posts in this topic

Reply to this topicStart new topic
2 User(s) are reading this topic (2 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

- Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 17th May 2024 - 05:34 PM