Home  |  Forums  |  914 Info  |  Blogs

914World.com - The fastest growing online 914 community!

Porsche, and the Porsche crest are registered trademarks of Dr. Ing. h.c. F. Porsche AG. This site is not affiliated with Porsche in any way.
Its only purpose is to provide an online forum for car enthusiasts. All other trademarks are property of their respective owners.

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

Reply to this topicStart new topic
> November Excellence, 356 Outlaw
mike_the_man
post Oct 13 2004, 02:11 PM
Post #1

I like stuff!

Group: Members
Member No.: 809

Hi all,

Just leafing through the November issue of Excellence, and I was really taken with the article on the 356 Outlaw. A very cool car, and a very cool car. I can't remember what the colour was right off hand, something like Slate Grey, I think. Anyway, for those of you that have seen it, how do you think that colour would look on a 914? I'm thinking about doing a re-paint in the future, and trying to decide on a colour. What does everybody think?
User is offlineProfile CardPM
Go to the top of the page
+Quote Post
i love porsche
post Oct 13 2004, 02:18 PM
Post #2

Member No.: 2,030
Region Association: North East States

to be truthful..i really didnt like that car, it would have been better as stock...i see it as a 356 restoration gone bad...

on the other hand..the color...it was pretty nice...how it would look on a 914 though? not to sure
+Quote Post
Mueller
post Oct 13 2004, 02:39 PM
Post #3

914 Freak!

Member No.: 87
Region Association: None

I don't that color would work on a 914...the reason that 356 is so bitch'n is in the details and lack of "extra" cr@p which the 914 has.....Andy's 914 (the German dude) has a slight chance of looking as clean as this 356 due to the way Andy incorperated his bumpers into the body of his car.....

...i see it as a 356 restoration gone bad...
..they never claimed for it to be a restoration...if you don't "get it" with respect to this car, you never will (IMG:style_emoticons/default/smile.gif)....it's all about being very simple, yet very detail orientated at the same time.....ying/yang
+Quote Post
URY914
post Oct 13 2004, 02:41 PM
Post #4

I built the lightest 914 in the history of mankind.
****************************************************************************************************

Member No.: 222
Region Association: None

I didn't like the wheels.

Looked sorta cheap.

Paul
+Quote Post
Kargeek
post Oct 13 2004, 02:49 PM
Post #5

Member No.: 430

I liked that car and the color might look cool on a 914. I would have to see the car in person though.

I tend to like solid colors on 914's. Check out some of the new VW beetle colors...I have seen a cool gray-blue color that looks good.

DH
+Quote Post
Britain Smith
post Oct 13 2004, 04:58 PM
Post #6

Nano Member

Member No.: 364

I agree with Mueller on this one. It is a look that you have to like, it is not something for everyone. It is the attention to detail and the simplicity that makes it really nice. I guess I am bias because I am going this route with my car.

-Britain
+Quote Post
mike_the_man
post Oct 13 2004, 05:08 PM
Post #7

I like stuff!

Member No.: 809

I loved the look of the car. I thought it was damn nice. I understand what you're saying about the colour though. It might not work as well on the 914, because of the more pronounced details. I may have to play around with photoshop a bit.

Any other suggestions on colours that would look good? I'd like a Porsche colour, but it doesn't have to be a 914 colour.
+Quote Post
914MF
post Oct 13 2004, 05:47 PM
Post #8

Group: Benefactors
Member No.: 1,112

It was cooool!!!!! (IMG:style_emoticons/default/aktion035.gif) (IMG:style_emoticons/default/mueba.gif) (IMG:style_emoticons/default/wub.gif) (IMG:style_emoticons/default/boldblue.gif) (IMG:style_emoticons/default/smilie_pokal.gif) (IMG:style_emoticons/default/pray.gif)
+Quote Post
d914
post Oct 13 2004, 06:39 PM
Post #9

Advanced Member

Member No.: 904
Region Association: South East States

mine is in need of a re-paint, already Blue how about club sport powder blue??
+Quote Post
i love porsche
post Oct 13 2004, 06:56 PM
Post #10

Member No.: 2,030
Region Association: North East States

QUOTE(Mueller @ Oct 13 2004, 12:39 PM)
I don't that color would work on a 914...the reason that 356 is so bitch'n is in the details and lack of "extra" cr@p which the 914 has.....Andy's 914 (the German dude) has a slight chance of looking as clean as this 356 due to the way Andy incorperated his bumpers into the body of his car.....

...i see it as a 356 restoration gone bad...
..they never claimed for it to be a restoration...if you don't "get it" with respect to this car, you never will (IMG:style_emoticons/default/smile.gif)....it's all about being very simple, yet very detail orientated at the same time.....ying/yang

oh i know it wasnt meant to be a restoration..

im saying that i see it as a "could have been a very good restoration, but instead they did this"

i understand your point with the simplicity of the style...but i still dont like it
+Quote Post
morph
post Oct 13 2004, 09:38 PM
Post #11

quality parts builder

Member No.: 1,389
Region Association: Pacific Northwest

i dont have my subscription yet.is this a gary emory car?
i walked by a "slate grey" car at his place yesterday trying to talk to his son rod about a 914.or can someone post a photo ?
+Quote Post
Don Wohlfarth
post Oct 14 2004, 07:52 AM
Post #12

Member No.: 117

Restoration gone bad? Gimme a hit on that before you put it out. (IMG:style_emoticons/default/cool_shades.gif)
I saw this car at VIR last year right after the owner put it together. The car is slate green (?) but what really sets it off is the maroon leather interior. The fellow that owns it has a restoration shop in NC. This is one of those cars that you have to see in person to appreciate the workmanship and attention to detail. Every trip around the car you'll find another trick detail. Seem to remember that it has a 912 motor with a 5 speed when I saw it.
+Quote Post

Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

- Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 17th May 2024 - 02:12 PM