Home  |  Forums  |  914 Info  |  Blogs

914World.com - The fastest growing online 914 community!

Porsche, and the Porsche crest are registered trademarks of Dr. Ing. h.c. F. Porsche AG. This site is not affiliated with Porsche in any way.
Its only purpose is to provide an online forum for car enthusiasts. All other trademarks are property of their respective owners.

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

> Cascade Lakes Hill Climb, Video Link
Randal
post Jun 10 2012, 06:34 PM
Post #1

Advanced Member

Group: Members
Member No.: 750

Great weekend up in Ashland running the Cascade Lakes Hill Climb.

Yesterday when I arrived back up the hill it was 33 degrees and snowing.

Attached Image

Had to change all my plugs as I was again chasing a stumbling in the motor from Friday. Anyway got that fixed and ended up running the morning session.

So they started the runs about 9:30AM and the road never did get very warm, but it was fun none the less.

Managed to take 4 seconds off my SPU record from last year and today took another second off. The run today should have been 2-3 seconds better, but I missed my "2" shift at the start and totally blew one part of the course. Oh well will have to wait till next year. And it looks like the transmission is coming out next week for repairs. (IMG:style_emoticons/default/sawzall-smiley.gif)

Here is a video of the run on "cold cold" Saturday. Ha, I'll never complain about the Marina again.

http://youtu.be/JfwSBy8B7a8

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JfwSBy8B7a8

Oh forgot to mention that I had a bit of a mishap during a parade lap when it was WET. Went around turn 4 and put some power down to determine whether the slicks would grip the road. "222" just spun around and went off the course. Good news was that I was able to reverse back on course, but my splitter was destroyed.

So you'll notice the car being loose in the video run.
User is offlineProfile CardPM
Go to the top of the page
+Quote Post

Posts in this topic

Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

- Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 23rd May 2024 - 11:54 PM