Home  |  Forums  |  914 Info  |  Blogs
 
914World.com - The fastest growing online 914 community!
 
Porsche, and the Porsche crest are registered trademarks of Dr. Ing. h.c. F. Porsche AG. This site is not affiliated with Porsche in any way.
Its only purpose is to provide an online forum for car enthusiasts. All other trademarks are property of their respective owners.
 

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

40 Pages V « < 38 39 40  
Reply to this topicStart new topic
> Fix a six, Like Neil Young says...rust is an insomniac
Luke M
post Sep 29 2026, 04:55 AM
Post #781


Senior Member
***

Group: Members
Posts: 1,606
Joined: 8-February 05
From: WNY
Member No.: 3,574
Region Association: North East States



QUOTE(Speedo @ Sep 28 2026, 04:31 PM) *

QUOTE(Luke M @ Sep 28 2026, 01:38 PM) *

Looking good there Lars.. Fire that baby up. (IMG:style_emoticons/default/driving-girl.gif)


I think I have the brakes sorted. Now time to add fluids and connect the battery. Fingers crossed for the electrics. I hate fixing other peoples electronic foibles. (IMG:style_emoticons/default/hissyfit.gif)



Good news on the brakes. I remember the day I first put power to my brothers 914-6 conv. I was looking everywhere for smoke.. I went through his whole wire harness and replaced/added several wires. We found no issues with the wiring but we did find a small fuel leak at the engine line. Make sure you don't forget to check for fuel leaks too. (IMG:style_emoticons/default/beerchug.gif)
User is offlineProfile CardPM
Go to the top of the page
+Quote Post
Speedo
post Sep 29 2026, 05:23 PM
Post #782


Senior Member
***

Group: Members
Posts: 671
Joined: 7-November 06
From: Boulder
Member No.: 7,170
Region Association: Rocky Mountains



Checked my engine linkages, and found the linkage from the crossbar to the pump wasn't connected. The MFI system complicates accessing things on top of the engine...at least its not a flat fan. Topped off the trannie (not a lot of working room there either), and added 9.5 quarts to the oil tank. No leaks so far. Gave the gas tank 2 gallons...should be enough to start, and not too much to clean up if it leaks. Added ground to the battery and the headlights popped up and the left turn also...I'm sure I will be chasing down exterior lights, turns etc. Glad to know both headlight motors are in synchronicity. I have a wiring harness question for Perry, before I try to start the engine. I don't want to fry the new harness. The custom dished mahogany 360mm VDM is badass if I may say so. Some pics and maybe a video tomorrow. My low rear corners on my doors are a little proud...think I need to hog (oval) my lower hinges to get them to pull in just a little more...details.

T minus something and counting...
User is offlineProfile CardPM
Go to the top of the page
+Quote Post
Speedo
post Sep 30 2026, 06:24 PM
Post #783


Senior Member
***

Group: Members
Posts: 671
Joined: 7-November 06
From: Boulder
Member No.: 7,170
Region Association: Rocky Mountains



Sputtered today on starting fluid, but not getting fuel to the injectors. Feels close. Promised pics of the mahogany VDM...here you go. (IMG:style_emoticons/default/biggrin.gif)

Attached Image
User is offlineProfile CardPM
Go to the top of the page
+Quote Post

40 Pages V « < 38 39 40
Reply to this topicStart new topic
8 User(s) are reading this topic (8 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

 



- Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 2nd October 2026 - 04:36 AM
...