Home  |  Forums  |  914 Info  |  Blogs

914World.com - The fastest growing online 914 community!

Porsche, and the Porsche crest are registered trademarks of Dr. Ing. h.c. F. Porsche AG. This site is not affiliated with Porsche in any way.
Its only purpose is to provide an online forum for car enthusiasts. All other trademarks are property of their respective owners.

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

> Short Shift, now were talkin!
914werke
post May 12 2003, 06:46 PM
Post #1

"I got blisters on me fingers"

Group: Members
Member No.: 453
Region Association: Pacific Northwest

Over the weekend had the opertunity to intall a short shift kit that I had purchased ..OH so long ago.
It is one of the plate and replacement shaft ..jobbies (Weltmiester ?) Anyway, I had heard differing stories about the usefullness and the potential problems with using, and decided to give it a shot.
Some history, recently while driving I had the misfortune to have my stock shifter rod , BREAK LOOSE! (IMG:style_emoticons/default/ohmy.gif)
Apparently these are just epoxed in and 30 yrs of abuse took it toll. I could still drive the damn thing just kept spinning around. (IMG:style_emoticons/default/icon8.gif)
So I was a little apprehensive about how this would work, but shouldnt have been (IMG:style_emoticons/default/mueba.gif) (IMG:style_emoticons/default/mueba.gif) (IMG:style_emoticons/default/mueba.gif)
SWEET!! It now has very short precise throws with a quasi snick snick engagement. & thats w/o replaceing any of the bushings! (IMG:style_emoticons/default/pray.gif)
The only down was that the OD of the replacement shaft is just a smidge to small so the spring thingie for the shift knob is a little on the loose side.

But I recomend heartily (IMG:style_emoticons/default/aktion035.gif)
User is offlineProfile CardPM
Go to the top of the page
+Quote Post

Posts in this topic

Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

- Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 20th May 2024 - 06:01 AM