Home  |  Forums  |  914 Info  |  Blogs

914World.com - The fastest growing online 914 community!

Porsche, and the Porsche crest are registered trademarks of Dr. Ing. h.c. F. Porsche AG. This site is not affiliated with Porsche in any way.
Its only purpose is to provide an online forum for car enthusiasts. All other trademarks are property of their respective owners.

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

4 Pages V « < 2 3 4  
Reply to this topicStart new topic
> Headlights in turn buckets, I got my lights and fit them in!
Jeff Hail
post Dec 3 2012, 10:05 PM
Post #61

Group: Members
Member No.: 7,712

Anything with Japanese motorcycle on it is going to be pricy even from a salvor.

These modules are used on almost every car out of europe (Porsche, BMW, VW, Benz etc) and many USA manufacturers. They are Bi-Xenon with the shutter (High and low -incorporated into one lamp). The bulb is on all the time and the shudder lowers like a partial iris for high beams.

The only difference between higher end cars that have the pan/ tilt option is a gimble that attaches to the lamp module which a lesser model usually does not have. I have removed the gimble from these.

As you can see from the standard computer mouse they are very compact units. They are deeper than standard 55w halogen type lamps (fog, driving). The ballasts are 12 volts/ 35 watts in. Two 12 volt wires on the solenoid activate the high beam shutter.

The 2012 Chysler 200 uses the same exact lamp module with the shutter except it's not Xenon, its a regular H type bulb. More juice to suck but they are great lamps.

There are lot of production bodyshops that are a good source of these. Bodyshops usually just throw them away. If the inner lamp module isnt damaged strip the parts down from the outer lens assembly and you get these modules to play with.

The manufacturers to look for are ZKW (Belgium) Valeo (Austria) Koito-Denso (Japan)

Attached image(s)
Attached Image
User is offlineProfile CardPM
Go to the top of the page
+Quote Post
Jeff Hail
post Dec 3 2012, 10:08 PM
Post #62

If you want really sub-micro find a set of these Hellas. Tiny and DOT legal. (IMG:style_emoticons/default/biggrin.gif)

Attached image(s)
Attached Image
+Quote Post
Jeff Hail
post Dec 3 2012, 10:56 PM
Post #63

Variety is the spice of life. How about factory Original Equipment Porsche lamps? LED DRL's/ Turn sigs in the original location. I swear those were made for the 914. The curvature is perfect. Suckers are bright as hell......Only 5w on turn and 9w as DRL's..... Wicked!!! A little bezel or lens fab and good to go.

I gotta run. My dog Goliath just pee'd. Aaargh! Little guy couldnt hold it. Got all excited over lamps.

Attached image(s)
Attached Image Attached Image
+Quote Post
post Dec 4 2012, 12:36 AM
Post #64

Member No.: 12,057
Region Association: None

QUOTE(Jeff Hail @ Dec 3 2012, 09:56 PM) *

Variety is the spice of life. How about factory Original Equipment Porsche lamps? LED DRL's/ Turn sigs in the original location. I swear those were made for the 914. The curvature is perfect. Suckers are bright as hell......Only 5w on turn and 9w as DRL's..... Wicked!!! A little bezel or lens fab and good to go.

I gotta run. My dog Goliath just pee'd. Aaargh! Little guy couldnt hold it. Got all excited over lamps.

Good morning, I like the Porsche LED/DRL concept. What model Porsche are they from?
+Quote Post
Jeff Hail
post Dec 4 2012, 12:43 AM
Post #65

QUOTE(914340 @ Dec 3 2012, 10:36 PM) *

QUOTE(Jeff Hail @ Dec 3 2012, 09:56 PM) *

Good morning, I like the Porsche LED/DRL concept. What model Porsche are they from?

997 Turbo
+Quote Post
euro911
post Mar 8 2013, 01:15 PM
Post #66

Retired & living the dream. God help me if I wake up!

Member No.: 7,300
Region Association: Southern California

Jeff, did you ever finish up the 997 lamps? (IMG:style_emoticons/default/popcorn[1].gif)
+Quote Post
Jeff Hail
post Mar 8 2013, 01:55 PM
Post #67

No I have not. Coach and trim are later in the project... BUT I have a set of Benz DTR's that might work better. Still playing with idea's just have not settled on one yet.
+Quote Post

4 Pages V « < 2 3 4
Reply to this topicStart new topic
2 User(s) are reading this topic (2 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

- Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 14th May 2024 - 01:17 AM