Home  |  Forums  |  914 Info  |  Blogs

914World.com - The fastest growing online 914 community!

Porsche, and the Porsche crest are registered trademarks of Dr. Ing. h.c. F. Porsche AG. This site is not affiliated with Porsche in any way.
Its only purpose is to provide an online forum for car enthusiasts. All other trademarks are property of their respective owners.

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

Reply to this topicStart new topic
> reman fuel injectors
partwerks
post Jul 13 2012, 09:50 PM
Post #1

Group: Members
Member No.: 6,787

I did some searching online to see if remanufactured fuel injectors are ok to get and got some responses both ways??

http://www.ehow.com/how_4453138_buy-remanu...-injectors.html

http://www.rockauto.com/catalog/x,carcode,...1,parttype,6224

Never had any problem starting it after the re-flash over 4 months ago, with the exception of recently when the fuel pump died and we now replaced it, but after that it had a bit of hesitation going from first to second. After warming up and trying to restart it, it didn't want to start again. Of his two choices, I'm leaning more towards it needing fuel injectors as opposed to the reflash, since it never acted up before?? It has about 40,000 miles on the engine.

He says:

Lyle, after your car sat a few hours and cooled down it started fine, there is one of two things going on, 1 your fuel injectors are bad and bleeding fuel through hot soak. 2 your programmer is messing things up. I want to put in new spark plugs and flash your computer back to stock.
User is online!Profile CardPM
Go to the top of the page
+Quote Post
cary
post Jul 13 2012, 10:13 PM
Post #2

Advanced Member

Member No.: 1,608
Region Association: Pacific Northwest

I did the GB rebuild from Rockauto.
So far so good.

Do a Google on GB. Looks like a pretty impressive operation.
User is offlineProfile CardPM
+Quote Post
toadman
post Jul 14 2012, 04:56 PM
Post #3

Member No.: 5,316

QUOTE(partwerks @ Jul 13 2012, 07:50 PM) *

I did some searching online to see if remanufactured fuel injectors are ok to get and got some responses both ways??

http://www.ehow.com/how_4453138_buy-remanu...-injectors.html

http://www.rockauto.com/catalog/x,carcode,...1,parttype,6224

Never had any problem starting it after the re-flash over 4 months ago, with the exception of recently when the fuel pump died and we now replaced it, but after that it had a bit of hesitation going from first to second. After warming up and trying to restart it, it didn't want to start again. Of his two choices, I'm leaning more towards it needing fuel injectors as opposed to the reflash, since it never acted up before?? It has about 40,000 miles on the engine.

He says:

Lyle, after your car sat a few hours and cooled down it started fine, there is one of two things going on, 1 your fuel injectors are bad and bleeding fuel through hot soak. 2 your programmer is messing things up. I want to put in new spark plugs and flash your computer back to stock.

Are you saying that there is someone that will "reflash" our 30+ yr. old fuel injection ECUs? If so, I would like more information about that, please.

I have a 1976 car with stock EFI but I have removed all the smog stuff and the decel valve. I sometimes have a problem restarting when the engine is really hot. I am able to start it if I put the gas pedal almost to floor and crank the starter. When it does start the idle is low and I have to depress the gas pedal slightly to keep the oil pressure up. All of the fuel injection components check out OK electrically, though, so I am stumped and have just been living with it.
+Quote Post
ape914
post Jul 14 2012, 08:39 PM
Post #4

red locktite

Group: Retired Members
Member No.: 12,676
Region Association: None

What's a "re-flash"?
+Quote Post
Dustin
post Jul 15 2012, 02:20 PM
Post #5

Member No.: 12,072
Region Association: None

reflash = software update on to flashable ROMs.

I don't think anybody is flashing anything on a 914.
+Quote Post
RON S.
post Jul 15 2012, 03:29 PM
Post #6

9140430841, FINALLY RUNNING

Member No.: 724
Region Association: South East States

I did a few cars' fuel injectors by way of GB at Rockauto.

GB is a nationally renowned injector remanufacturer.

Supposedly they take them apart and ultrasonically clean them, then flow check them.
I've usually had it done during rebuilds.
Even had to do it once when I'd left a car sit for a year or so with out starting it.
Crappy gas locked them right up, and they wouldn't fire.

30 bucks or so per injector, if I recall.

Ron
+Quote Post

Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

- Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 20th May 2024 - 08:10 PM