Home  |  Forums  |  914 Info  |  Blogs

914World.com - The fastest growing online 914 community!

Porsche, and the Porsche crest are registered trademarks of Dr. Ing. h.c. F. Porsche AG. This site is not affiliated with Porsche in any way.
Its only purpose is to provide an online forum for car enthusiasts. All other trademarks are property of their respective owners.

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

Reply to this topicStart new topic
> Fall Foliage Was Great!, Thanks to Sean, Mark, Doug, Dan & Garold
Site
post Oct 24 2004, 01:23 PM
Post #1

Group: Members
Member No.: 934

This was my first 914Club event and it surpassed my expecations. Sean, Mark, Doug, Dan & Garold did a great job putting everything together. Very well organized and lots of fun! I really enjoyed talking with everyone and checking out the cars. If you haven't been to an event yet, I highly recommend that you mark your calendar for the next one.

By the way, if you ever travel to Columbus, IN and have some time to kill (like, double the normal time you would spend eating out), you should head to the Columbus Bar for a meal.
User is offlineProfile CardPM
Go to the top of the page
+Quote Post
qa1142
post Oct 24 2004, 02:06 PM
Post #2

Whiplash

Member No.: 2,140

(IMG:style_emoticons/default/agree.gif)
Lynne and I made it home too. Little wet yesterday but great fun

We look forward to next year.

Thanks a bunch.
+Quote Post
winterkornj
post Oct 24 2004, 02:51 PM
Post #3

914 Apprentice

Member No.: 970

(IMG:style_emoticons/default/agree.gif) My first event too and great friends we made and looking at Dougs car takes restoration to an all new level in my mind.
+Quote Post
morph
post Oct 24 2004, 03:01 PM
Post #4

quality parts builder

Member No.: 1,389
Region Association: Pacific Northwest

I wish I could have been there, I have been reading the FFC threads and looking at all the great pictures.
+Quote Post
Pnambic
post Oct 24 2004, 03:53 PM
Post #5

Honk if you like obscene gestures!

Member No.: 546
Region Association: South East States

You were there in spirit Morphen. (IMG:style_emoticons/default/smile.gif) Thanks for the awesome donated door prizes!

Thanks to all who donated items for door prizes! (IMG:style_emoticons/default/aktion035.gif) (IMG:style_emoticons/default/mueba.gif) (IMG:style_emoticons/default/beerchug.gif) (IMG:style_emoticons/default/boldblue.gif) (IMG:style_emoticons/default/clap56.gif)
+Quote Post
Curvie Roadlover
post Oct 24 2004, 05:11 PM
Post #6

Two trunks are better than one!

Member No.: 42

Just got back home. Uneventful drive... Thank God!
Kudos to the planners for a great event. (IMG:style_emoticons/default/smilie_pokal.gif)
+Quote Post
SpecialK
post Oct 24 2004, 06:07 PM
Post #7

aircraft surgeon

Group: Benefactors
Member No.: 1,797

Really enjoyed my first "official" 914 event.......definitely wouldn't be the last!

Hats off to Sean, Mark, Doug, Garold, Sean's Mother and Father and anyone else that had a hand in putting this event together. (IMG:style_emoticons/default/smilie_pokal.gif) (IMG:style_emoticons/default/beer.gif)

I was absolutely floored by the quality and quantity of all the sponsor donated prizes, we have some very talented and generous people amongst us on the 914 Club! (IMG:style_emoticons/default/pray.gif)

Looking forward to the time when we can hook up again!!

You know Sean, even with the crappy weather I saw nothing but smiles on everyone's faces!
+Quote Post
seanery
post Oct 24 2004, 06:20 PM
Post #8

waiting to rebuild whitey!

Group: Retired Admin
Member No.: 100
Region Association: None

It was great meeting all of you, and Mike I'm just glad you were able to walk out of the bank on Saturday morning! (IMG:style_emoticons/default/ohmy.gif)

C'mon someone tell the story...Jonathan....you can do it! (IMG:style_emoticons/default/laugh.gif)
+Quote Post
mudfoot76
post Oct 25 2004, 08:00 AM
Post #9

Currently teenerless :-(

Member No.: 1,814

QUOTE(Special_K @ Oct 24 2004, 07:07 PM)

Really enjoyed my first "official" 914 event.......definitely wouldn't be the last!

My first 914 event too, and Jenn and I had a blast. Even though Magic Umbrella couldn't keep us dry on saturday, it was still a great time. I'm excited to look at everyone's photos, and post my own.

Sunday's drive was gorgeous. However crappy the rain was on saturday, sunday's weather more than made up for it. We decided to take the scenic route back home through Brown County. Encountered an vintage XK120 and had a bit of fun on the twisties of IN 46 (IMG:style_emoticons/default/driving.gif)
+Quote Post
aircooledboy
post Oct 25 2004, 09:24 AM
Post #10

Sweet Pea's 1st ride in daddy's "vroom -vroom"

Member No.: 1,629
Region Association: Upper MidWest

Great Gig boys!!! You Indiana boys done gud!!! (IMG:style_emoticons/default/smilie_pokal.gif) (IMG:style_emoticons/default/smilie_pokal.gif) (IMG:style_emoticons/default/smilie_pokal.gif)

Beth & I too had a great time, rain or not. It is such a nice opportunity to really meet the folks you half-ass know through this place. Dinner conversation with Mark Bland and his son and Brad Mayeur and his wife was probably the highlight. (IMG:style_emoticons/default/beerchug.gif) (IMG:style_emoticons/default/beerchug.gif) (It's OK Mark, that's just a rootbeer for Sam (IMG:style_emoticons/default/laugh.gif) ) The door prizes were really great. Maybe next year I will actually have a chance to win one SEAN!!! (IMG:style_emoticons/default/headbang.gif) (IMG:style_emoticons/default/chairfall.gif)

Our 375 mile trip home was joyously uneventful. Did the last couple hundred miles topless. What a great day for a drive, spoiled only by the painful sounds of the Bears game on the radio. (IMG:style_emoticons/default/chair.gif) A few hours after we got home, I went 3 miles to get a pizza for the crew, and developed a really bad coolant leak as I pulled into the driveway. (IMG:style_emoticons/default/finger.gif) (IMG:style_emoticons/default/w00t.gif) Oh well, 914 season pretty well over here anywho. Should be very easy to fix, except for the fact that I don't think I can reach the problem with the engine in the car. (IMG:style_emoticons/default/monkeydance.gif)
+Quote Post
Site
post Oct 25 2004, 10:05 AM
Post #11

Member No.: 934

QUOTE(seanery @ Oct 24 2004, 08:20 PM)
It was great meeting all of you, and Mike I'm just glad you were able to walk out of the bank on Saturday morning!   (IMG:style_emoticons/default/ohmy.gif)  

C'mon someone tell the story...Jonathan....you can do it!  :lol:

I'll go ahead and share the story, not that I don't trust Jonathan to handily make a fool of me...

Jonathan and I teamed up for the Poker Run and were incorrectly following the first clue to the wrong location. I was navigating. I walked into a bank in historic downtown Columbus, thinking that maybe an employee inside would be wearing a Fall Foliage shirt and would have a Poker Card for us to collect. (I misunderstood how the game worked.) Jonathan kept mumbling something about "There's no 914 here, so we can move on..." But, I was too caught up in the game, so I totally blew off his advice.

I walked all around the bank lobby looking at every employee. Then I approached the counter and said, "Does the bank have anything to give me?" Nervously, the employees, who were all elderly ladies, looked at each other and then back at me. (I can imagine one of them quickly tapping some "alert!" button under the counter.) I continued "Is anyone here wearing the shirt? I'm with the car group and this is one of our stops."

"We don't know what you're talking about, sir," one finally said.

They seemed very relieved when this answer satisfied me.
"Allright, maybe the next stop will have something for us," I said. We left the bank and then Jonathan pointed out how absurd everything I said and did was. He said, "Maybe I should drive and navigate." But once again, I was too caught up in finding the next location to take him seriously...

Now see, that wasn't too bad, was it?
+Quote Post
winterkornj
post Oct 25 2004, 10:16 AM
Post #12

914 Apprentice

Member No.: 970

Three Words for you Mike "think then speak"
+Quote Post
Pnambic
post Oct 25 2004, 11:18 AM
Post #13

Honk if you like obscene gestures!

Member No.: 546
Region Association: South East States

(IMG:style_emoticons/default/biggrin.gif) (IMG:style_emoticons/default/lol2.gif) (IMG:style_emoticons/default/laugh.gif)
that's awesome!

"Excuse me ladies while I case the joint, but I think one of you may have something that I want. Now hand it over."

Now if one of them had said, "I'm sorry, but we've run out...", that would have been perfect!

(For those of you not at the FFC, the restaurant we tried to eat at on Friday night actually ran out of food.)
+Quote Post
SpecialK
post Oct 25 2004, 11:29 AM
Post #14

aircraft surgeon

Group: Benefactors
Member No.: 1,797

Don't feel bad Mike, it wasn't until my wife and I went to "3" wrong locations (one was an Irwin Bank on 25th) that I figured out that there'd be a 914, or at least someone wearing the FFC shirt at the site........got some real strange looks (IMG:style_emoticons/default/huh.gif) from the employees.
+Quote Post
Curvie Roadlover
post Oct 25 2004, 11:34 AM
Post #15

Two trunks are better than one!

Member No.: 42

(IMG:style_emoticons/default/lol2.gif)
+Quote Post
mudfoot76
post Oct 25 2004, 11:46 AM
Post #16

Currently teenerless :-(

Member No.: 1,814

(IMG:style_emoticons/default/lol2.gif) (IMG:style_emoticons/default/lol2.gif) (IMG:style_emoticons/default/lol2.gif)

And I thought that the only time we would have to worry about crossing with The Law was on the twisty road tour!

Could have been great club publicity though -- vintage car club robs bank. Details at 11... (IMG:style_emoticons/default/chairfall.gif) (IMG:style_emoticons/default/happy11.gif)
+Quote Post
rick 918-S
post Oct 25 2004, 09:16 PM
Post #17

Hey nice rack! -Celette

Member No.: 43
Region Association: Northstar Region

QUOTE(seanery @ Oct 24 2004, 04:20 PM)
It was great meeting all of you, and Mike I'm just glad you were able to walk out of the bank on Saturday morning! (IMG:style_emoticons/default/ohmy.gif)

Sandy and I are LOFAO! I just told her the story! (IMG:style_emoticons/default/lol2.gif) (IMG:style_emoticons/default/lol2.gif)
+Quote Post
tommy914
post Oct 25 2004, 11:47 PM
Post #18

Life is a journey, enjoy every turn.

Member No.: 1,165

Thanks for putting together a great event.

It was great meeting everyone and making new friends.
+Quote Post

Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

- Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 23rd April 2024 - 03:22 PM