Home  |  Forums  |  914 Info  |  Blogs

914World.com - The fastest growing online 914 community!

Porsche, and the Porsche crest are registered trademarks of Dr. Ing. h.c. F. Porsche AG. This site is not affiliated with Porsche in any way.
Its only purpose is to provide an online forum for car enthusiasts. All other trademarks are property of their respective owners.

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

> A/F readings, What do the experts think?
Black22
post Aug 19 2012, 04:47 PM
Post #1

Group: Members
Member No.: 8,290
Region Association: Pacific Northwest

Hey all,

I've got a 1911cc motor with about 250 miles on it. KB pistons, stock cam and L-jet, with 1.8l heads modified to 2L valve sizes. Compression is 8.5:1. Running Brad Penn 20/50.

Car was recently running way rich and got VERY poor gas mileage. I hooked up with Joe Sharp, (thanks again Joe!) and he let me use his LM-1. I tried to dial my L-jet in and got pretty close. I've since purchased and installed an Innovate MTX-L AFR kit. Gauge works great! Here is my readings as of now and after MUCH tweaking this is my dilemma.

AFR stats:
Idle= 12.7
WOT= 9.7-10.2 (it will hit these readings regardless of RPM)
Decel= 14.8-15.9

Timing is set @ 7.5* @ ~900rpm with vacuum ports disconnected and plugged.

WOT seem rich still, but now my motor runs hotter. I know I'm leaning the motor out and should expect higher oil temps but I was running about 190-200 and now I'm running 210-220. I'm also running an external 72 plate oil cooler w/fan!

I've adjusted the timing to experiment, and had it at 9.5* adv. and it ran cooler at idle but the temp went back up while driving.

It seems I have some more adjustments to get it even leaner, but that's just going to raise the temps right? (IMG:style_emoticons/default/confused24.gif)

What do you guys think and what should I do (if anything) next?
User is offlineProfile CardPM
Go to the top of the page
+Quote Post

Posts in this topic

Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

- Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 19th May 2024 - 10:43 AM