Home  |  Forums  |  914 Info  |  Blogs

914World.com - The fastest growing online 914 community!

Porsche, and the Porsche crest are registered trademarks of Dr. Ing. h.c. F. Porsche AG. This site is not affiliated with Porsche in any way.
Its only purpose is to provide an online forum for car enthusiasts. All other trademarks are property of their respective owners.

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

> tranny cooling, and measuring temperature, where are you taking your measurements from?
brant
post Aug 30 2012, 10:22 AM
Post #1

914 Wizard

Group: Members
Member No.: 47
Region Association: Rocky Mountains

with all of the discussion on tranny coolers lately and the big variance in temps that people are seeing.... I've been thinking.

For those that are measuring temperatures

1) where is your temp sensor mounted? and pictures of speedo drive units would be great

2) has anyone tried using the back up switch location, and does anyone know the thread size/pitch of that spot?

3) I was looking at senders for the small vdo oil temp guages. Would any VDO sender rated fro 300degree's work with the 300 degree guage? Here is a link to the CIP website with multiple 300degree senders for sale:

senders

4) does anyone have before and after temp measurements to show cooler effectiveness? and has anyone tried different sender locations to see if there is a difference in where the measurement comes from (although I would think submerged in oil is good enough)

thanks everyone
brant
User is offlineProfile CardPM
Go to the top of the page
+Quote Post

Posts in this topic

Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

- Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 18th May 2024 - 08:35 AM