Home  |  Forums  |  914 Info  |  Blogs

914World.com - The fastest growing online 914 community!

Porsche, and the Porsche crest are registered trademarks of Dr. Ing. h.c. F. Porsche AG. This site is not affiliated with Porsche in any way.
Its only purpose is to provide an online forum for car enthusiasts. All other trademarks are property of their respective owners.

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

Reply to this topicStart new topic
> HELP! who bought my car?!?!?, dmv never got info...
biosurfer1
post Oct 27 2004, 05:13 PM
Post #1

Teener fo Life!

Group: Members
Member No.: 977
Region Association: Northern California

I need much help from the 914 board...I sold my 914 to someone on this board, or someone who saw it for sale on this board and DMV recently contacted me about renewal and i called and they never got the title change form, and i cant for the life of me find the name of the guy or email address and i need his info to send it into the dmv. It was back in April-ish when i sold it, the guy was from Portland, flew down to Sacramento and drove it back...I believe his name was Jerry? I really need to get a hold of him so if you see this, or know a guy from portland who got a delphi green 914 back sometime around april....have him email me at biosurfer1@aol.com...thanks!
User is offlineProfile CardPM
Go to the top of the page
+Quote Post
bob91403
post Oct 27 2004, 06:22 PM
Post #2

Member No.: 2,763

You sold a car without writing up a receipt with all the info.? (IMG:style_emoticons/default/laugh.gif) The guy is probably working on it and doesn't see any need to pay for registration 'til he's done. Big OOPS! In your "watched it drive away" thread you said his name was Ted. Check with boxstr, he said the guy called him when he got it home, and was going to meet up with him later.
+Quote Post
lapuwali
post Oct 27 2004, 06:49 PM
Post #3

Not another one!

Group: Benefactors
Member No.: 1,743

This is why you fill out that detachable top bit on the title before exchanging money for keys. If you don't send that in, you're on the hook for any photo tickets or parking tickets the new owner gets until they transfer the title. I've gotten parking tickets from people who bought cars from me, often before the DMV got the liability release form. The City of Oakland and I had a nice tiff over some guy that bought a car from me, then racked up $80 in parking fines in two weeks.

Once the other guy does the title transfer, it will all go away, but it's still a very good ideal to fill out that form and send it in ASAP.

The worst was when I didn't fill out that form because I was literally giving a car to a guy and his daughter as a parts car, knowing it was going to rot in their side yard for awhile after they stripped it, never to be titled by anyone ever again...
+Quote Post
biosurfer1
post Oct 27 2004, 07:35 PM
Post #4

Teener fo Life!

Member No.: 977
Region Association: Northern California

i filled out the form, and sent in in a day later, but DMV claims that they never got it, and i had all of the sale stuff,bill of sale and what not, but moved and couldnt find it...however i was able to locate it...thanks for all the help!
+Quote Post

Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

- Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 7th May 2024 - 06:10 PM