Home  |  Forums  |  914 Info  |  Blogs

914World.com - The fastest growing online 914 community!

Porsche, and the Porsche crest are registered trademarks of Dr. Ing. h.c. F. Porsche AG. This site is not affiliated with Porsche in any way.
Its only purpose is to provide an online forum for car enthusiasts. All other trademarks are property of their respective owners.

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

Reply to this topicStart new topic
> Mr Gasket Pump, Could be the answer to Carb problems, too
bandjoey
post Sep 23 2012, 03:53 PM
Post #1

bandjoey

Group: Members
Member No.: 8,156
Region Association: Southwest Region

If you followed my few threads on Carb problems, using several good members advice I finally got them synced, but still had that occasional burp fart pop through the carbs. I also had a slight whine I couldn't pin down. Friday night the car quit on the way home from work - this is now a daily driver. Tow home.

I was using a Pierburg rotary fuel pump, about 3 years old but with only 2000 miles max on the pump. It was dead. The motor still ran but no fuel wouldn't pump.

Bought an Autozone inline Mr Gasket electric pump. $50 (Purolator) It's rated 1 - 4 lbs pressure. Plugged it in and WALLAAHHH! Not only does the car run great, but the carb burp is gone.

Possibly it was fuel starvation as the old pump went bad.

Lesson learned. Check the fuel pressure if you're having carb problems!

My 2cents. Hope it helps someone else. (IMG:style_emoticons/default/santa_smiley.gif)
User is offlineProfile CardPM
Go to the top of the page
+Quote Post

Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

- Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 24th May 2024 - 10:05 PM