Home  |  Forums  |  914 Info  |  Blogs

914World.com - The fastest growing online 914 community!

Porsche, and the Porsche crest are registered trademarks of Dr. Ing. h.c. F. Porsche AG. This site is not affiliated with Porsche in any way.
Its only purpose is to provide an online forum for car enthusiasts. All other trademarks are property of their respective owners.

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

> Feeler: Dip Your Car Coating Offer, We gots the tools, just need a volunteer or two
Brando
post Oct 20 2012, 01:16 PM
Post #1

BUY MY SPARE KIDNEY!!!

Group: Members
Member No.: 2,648
Region Association: Southern California

So a friend and I have the necessary equipment to do a Plasti-Dip coating on - whatever. We had a gentlemen who offered to be the 'test' subject but backed out at the last minute. We want to try our hand at the trend so to speak. We're looking for one or two 914s in "good" to "excellent" exterior condition - the stuff won't stick to rust, but will stick to solid paint or gel-coat (fiberglass/CF).

For the cost of materials and a few pesos (or beer + red meat) we would like the opportunity to do your car. We're also looking for feedback on rates to charge for potential clients. The teener group would be a great way to get feedback.

Some info about "dip your car" or "plasti-dip"
http://www.dipyourcar.com/
http://www.youtube.com/playlist?list=PL871EB30BCEF4B3F3

Unlike other coatings it won't damage paint. Especially important for older lacquer or enamel-based paint jobs.

Again, we're looking to get into this and are hoping to do a few cars to 'showcase'. We'll be doing my buddy's 911 cabriolet once he gets the material. I'll also be doing my Cayman in white + black and hopefully soon a buddy's GSX-R in two-tone black/white + clear and my 2010 Vulcan. We need portfolio material!

Shoot me a PM here or e-mail through the board. We're looking for locals to SoCal/OC, maybe as far as LA/Riverside but we're not sure yet.
User is offlineProfile CardPM
Go to the top of the page
+Quote Post

Posts in this topic

Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

- Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 16th May 2024 - 10:27 PM