Home  |  Forums  |  914 Info  |  Blogs

914World.com - The fastest growing online 914 community!

Porsche, and the Porsche crest are registered trademarks of Dr. Ing. h.c. F. Porsche AG. This site is not affiliated with Porsche in any way.
Its only purpose is to provide an online forum for car enthusiasts. All other trademarks are property of their respective owners.

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

> No Spark!, Stumped
Dennis
post Oct 25 2012, 01:45 PM
Post #1

Group: Members
Member No.: 2,589
Region Association: Upper MidWest

I have a Raby dyno'd 2270 that I have recently installed in my going on 4 year '74 restoration. It has a Mallory Unilite distributor and Mallory Promaster E series coil with ballast resistor. I can't get a spark at the plug or out of the coil. I have checked posts here and across the internet to no avail which means I'm missing something simple.

I have checked that the coil is not shorted and has proper primary and secondary resistence. The coil is getting 12 v on the '15' and '1' side with ignition in 'on' and in cranking mode. Although the voltage drops to about 10V when cranking. The tach lead is connected to the '1' side of the coil. The ballast resistor is in series with the +12 v connection from the ignition to the distributor. The coil is mounted to the engine tin on the passenger side near the oil cooler.

I have checked that the distributor "points" are opening and closing.

Can anyone see the simple item I have missed?

Denis

User is offlineProfile CardPM
Go to the top of the page
+Quote Post

Posts in this topic

Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

- Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 26th May 2024 - 07:02 AM