Home  |  Forums  |  914 Info  |  Blogs

914World.com - The fastest growing online 914 community!

Porsche, and the Porsche crest are registered trademarks of Dr. Ing. h.c. F. Porsche AG. This site is not affiliated with Porsche in any way.
Its only purpose is to provide an online forum for car enthusiasts. All other trademarks are property of their respective owners.

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

> Poker Run, planning info
seanery
post Nov 1 2004, 03:56 PM
Post #1

waiting to rebuild whitey!

Group: Retired Admin
Member No.: 100
Region Association: None

Scott,
Our Poker Run went pretty well. Everyone seemed to enjoy it and no one was arrested! ask "Site (Mike Clark)" about that one.
Our format was somewhat determined by the Columbus Architectural Tour. I used their map that has 70+ locations marked and then wrote clues to point you to the right location. We had 10 stops including the hotel and the Visitor's Center - where everyone received a map and their 1st card. We staggered the start by 2 minutes per car. Not every stop had a person there, 6 did, including the last stop which was the park where lunch was. I made 3 different versions of directions (so people wouldn't just follow each other), but actually told them that each map was different, I know I'm sly. (IMG:style_emoticons/default/wacko.gif) I think only 2 people found all the locations correctly, but all ended up at the Lunch location in a reasonable time frame. We had some good hands, 1 group had 2 pair and 2 groups had 3 of a kind, 3s and the other had jacks. I purchased 8 different decks of cards, the differences were somewhat subtle to totally different. I would lean toward totally different decks next time. This eliminates the possibility of someone showing up with a couple decks of Bicylcle™ cards and making their own hand.

Things that will help you make the WCC Poker Run a success, I'm sure there are more than just this:
  • Get a GOOD map
  • Make the clues challenging, but not impossible (all answers for my clues were on the map)
  • Allow plenty of time (We could have almost doubled our estimated time)
  • Make sure all of your Check-points have Cell Phones and the other volunteers #s
  • Give EVERYONE YOUR cell #
  • Come up with a tie breaker
  • Test the full route
  • Give different sets of clues (but use the same clues)
I'm sure there is more. Ask away if you have any ?s
User is offlineProfile CardPM
Go to the top of the page
+Quote Post

Posts in this topic

Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

- Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 18th May 2024 - 03:27 AM