Home  |  Forums  |  914 Info  |  Blogs

914World.com - The fastest growing online 914 community!

Porsche, and the Porsche crest are registered trademarks of Dr. Ing. h.c. F. Porsche AG. This site is not affiliated with Porsche in any way.
Its only purpose is to provide an online forum for car enthusiasts. All other trademarks are property of their respective owners.

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

> 914World Classifieds Rules

We've established the following rules to help make your sales/purchases as successful as possible!
- Please List WTB:, FS:, TRADE: etc (want to buy, for sale, and trade respectively) before your add title.
- You *must* put a price in your ad and state how you would like payment!
- If you'd like to bump your ads, feel free to do so every two days.
- DO NOT MAKE YOUR ADS IN ALL CAPITAL LETTERS! It's considered rude.
- All eBay ads belong in the eBay category.
- Please consolidate your ads into one big lump... listings and pictures together in one thread. Please be considerate of other classified users!!
- Mark your items "SOLD" once you sell them. Please do not ask to have ads removed. Ads will automatically hide themselves after 30 days. We also ask that you leave your pricing in the ads to help others determine fair market value for future sales.

Reply to this topicStart new topic
> FS: 3.0 SC Engine /Tranny and coolers and lines
JimmyG
post Nov 17 2012, 04:25 PM
Post #1

Group: Members
Member No.: 2,730
Region Association: South East States

Attached Image

I am going to sell my -6 conversion parts so I wanted to see if someone here would like an engine and tranny all set-up for a 914.
The engine/tranny in now in an original -6 and I am going to put the number match engine back together and keep the car all original. The 3.0 has less than 5K miles and has never seen any track time or anything of that nature. I have been selling my conversion car parts because I am not going to have the time to finish with all the other things I have going.I have 10K in the engine alone so this will be a deal for somebody.

Engine and tranny:

Case sent to Ollie’s for case half-sized and align-bore to std. ARP rod nuts crank and rods 3.0 standard P/C. Pistons used are JE’s part #212435. Cylinders sent to Millenium Tech. for re-nikasil coating . Heads rebuilt 78/79 sizing and ARP studs used. Cams web cam 120/104. Rockers were rebushed and new adjustment hardware. New chains, new ramps, updated idle arm. Hydraulic tensioners. Fan is early 11 blade with later internally regulated alternator, machined to fit. Distributor is standard SC sent to Jerry Woods and recurved to be used with carbs. Ignition system is MSD 6A with Clewett ignition wires. Engine has 2 additional coolers, 1 mounted in rear . Fan controlled VW high performance cooler. Mocal mounted in GT lid. All plumbed with air equip fittings and stainless braided hose. Fly wheel is a special made to mount to the 6 screw 3.0l crank used the push type clutch. Transmission is built on an original 914-6 case. It was set up as a side shift, as a Quaife torque biased diff. The gears, syncros, dog-teeth and shift forks were all torn down and inspected, and replaced if needed. It was reassembled on a T6 aluminum intermediate plate and put together. The gear selected for a carbuerated3.0l. First A, second F, third ZD flipped, fourth V, fifth H.

The carbs and the exhaust are not being sold and is not included in the price. These go on the original engine.
I have more pics can send them to your email address if you are seriously looking.

$10,500

Attached thumbnail(s)
Attached Image Attached Image
User is offlineProfile CardPM
Go to the top of the page
+Quote Post
JmuRiz
post Nov 18 2012, 11:36 AM
Post #2

914 Guru

Member No.: 50
Region Association: MidAtlantic Region

Cool setup, if I didn't already have a conversion engine...
Let me know if you plan on parting stuff out, like the external cooler setup.
+Quote Post
JimmyG
post Nov 18 2012, 04:38 PM
Post #3

Thanks Nathan! I spent a lot of time and money to get the -6 conversion car going and never could finish it and just put the set-up in the original car. I have always hated the idea of selling but I really need to so here we are. hopfully someone will buy the whole project. I don't think anyone will be dissapointed in the performance.
+Quote Post
gms
post Nov 18 2012, 11:16 PM
Post #4

Advanced Member

Member No.: 1,785
Region Association: Upper MidWest

Jimmy I sent you an email and received no reply?
+Quote Post
JimmyG
post Nov 22 2012, 04:08 PM
Post #5

I didnt know you sent me something Glenn. I'm sorry about that!
My email is jjemg@bellsouth.net
Hit me again if you would.

Jimmy
+Quote Post
eimc
post Nov 24 2012, 07:40 PM
Post #6

Member No.: 2,873
Region Association: None

What compression ratio are the pistons? I looked on the JE website and could not find the number you listed. I found the Web cam and it states a mid and upper range improvement. Any guess at wheel horsepower? Thanks Paul
+Quote Post
JimmyG
post Nov 25 2012, 08:50 PM
Post #7

I will have to look the number for the pistons. up again. I think they are 9.5.1
I have never dynoed the engine. It seemed when the local club had dyno time I could not do it. The cam is a mid-range. More in line with street use.
The idea for me was that I would use the car on the street more than the track so mid range would be better for that purpose.Im glad you brought the # thing up Paul, I want it to be right! I will check tomorrow.
+Quote Post
JimmyG
post Nov 26 2012, 07:00 AM
Post #8

heres the sheet that came with themAttached Image
+Quote Post
mboss
post Nov 26 2012, 05:43 PM
Post #9

I'm new here ...

Member No.: 15,173
Region Association: Upper MidWest

is the car an original 6? and if so r u saying you have the original engine? and that your putting it back in?
+Quote Post
JimmyG
post Nov 27 2012, 08:38 AM
Post #10

Yea.. the yellow car the engine is in in the pics is #1800. I have the number match case and all the parts finished to reassemble the original 2.0 I restored the car a couple years ago. When the 3.0 engine and tyranny sells that is in the car now I am putting the car back to original. The only changes to the car is stainless tunnel lines and front an rear sway bars. The 3.0 engine is still in the car for test drives. I think an interested person would want to come over and drive the car and see what this powerplant would do.
+Quote Post
6freak
post Nov 27 2012, 08:49 AM
Post #11

MR.C

Member No.: 8,829
Region Association: Pacific Northwest

How was the motor for temp`s with that cooler setup ,,looks pretty neat and clean ...Nice work by the way
+Quote Post
6freak
post Nov 27 2012, 03:00 PM
Post #12

MR.C

(IMG:style_emoticons/default/biggrin.gif)
+Quote Post
JimmyG
post Nov 27 2012, 03:30 PM
Post #13

When I first put the engine in the conversion car all I had was the smaller rear cooler. It didn't take long and I realized this was not going to do. I saw on the bird board a guy named henry at supertech had done something similar so I drew off his idea. I built the GT lid and used the mocal cooler,added the addtional lines and it worked well. Drove the car over the summer and the temps stayed manageable. The original car does not have numbers on the dash so I really don't have the temps...need an infrared temp reader,but it was manageable. I would guess under200.It has not been on the track ever so it would be higher there ofcourse. Great for street use and no chopping of the car

I have been asked several times to split the parts up.If I could get a buyer for the engine at 7k And the coolers,lines,fittings and lid at 1k,I would separate the parts. I would have to have buyers before I would want to do it.
Anyone interested?
+Quote Post
6freak
post Nov 27 2012, 10:58 PM
Post #14

MR.C

QUOTE(JimmyG @ Nov 27 2012, 01:30 PM) *

When I first put the engine in the conversion car all I had was the smaller rear cooler. It didn't take long and I realized this was not going to do. I saw on the bird board a guy named henry at supertech had done something similar so I drew off his idea. I built the GT lid and used the mocal cooler,added the addtional lines and it worked well. Drove the car over the summer and the temps stayed manageable. The original car does not have numbers on the dash so I really don't have the temps...need an infrared temp reader,but it was manageable. I would guess under200.It has not been on the track ever so it would be higher there ofcourse. Great for street use and no chopping of the car

I have been asked several times to split the parts up.If I could get a buyer for the engine at 7k And the coolers,lines,fittings and lid at 1k,I would separate the parts. I would have to have buyers before I would want to do it.
Anyone interested?

Not look n for parts just idea`s and opinion`s! and that appear`s to be the cleanest way without cutting the car. I will be cooling a smaller motor as well so that type system may just what i need to start looking into.thanks good luck with your car
(IMG:style_emoticons/default/smile.gif)
+Quote Post
JimmyG
post Dec 1 2012, 07:48 PM
Post #15

I have a buyer for the tranny. I will just keep the engine.

Any offers on the coolers,lines and fittings,and the GT engine lid?
+Quote Post
PanelBilly
post Dec 2 2012, 12:55 PM
Post #16

914 Guru

Member No.: 6,488

Now your in the range where I can play. Are you sure you want to keep the engine?
+Quote Post
JimmyG
post Dec 2 2012, 05:58 PM
Post #17

Well Billy, I was asked several times if I would split it up. So I thought if I can have several different people here that wanted the stuff, I would. I just don't want to take the engine out and sell just one part of it I need to sell it all, so I just said well.. If I had to keep one thing for the future, It would be the engine. I have a bunch of money in it so I will not give it away. I will sell it if someone wants it. when I get buyers for the other parts it will be just as easy to load the engine on a pallet right then and ship it on.

Enjoyed talking with you last week!
+Quote Post
JimmyG
post Dec 14 2012, 08:44 AM
Post #18

Btt
JmuRiz wants the coolers
Thought I had a buyer for the tranny but it fell through.
Powerplant is still in the car if someone in the southeast wants to test drive.
+Quote Post

Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

- Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 27th April 2024 - 04:16 PM