Home  |  Forums  |  914 Info  |  Blogs

914World.com - The fastest growing online 914 community!

Porsche, and the Porsche crest are registered trademarks of Dr. Ing. h.c. F. Porsche AG. This site is not affiliated with Porsche in any way.
Its only purpose is to provide an online forum for car enthusiasts. All other trademarks are property of their respective owners.

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

Reply to this topicStart new topic
> hell hole question and more
Joshporsche
post Nov 4 2004, 12:47 PM
Post #1

914 addiction

Group: Members
Member No.: 2,408

I'm still new to the 914 fix it yourself club. I'm waiting on my Haynes Repair Manual to get here, but i was wondering about the hell hole-where does it go? What are longitudinals? Why didn't porsche put something where the hell hole is to keep it from collecting water? or did they. thanks and sorry for no knowing anything about the best car in the world.

Josh
User is offlineProfile CardPM
Go to the top of the page
+Quote Post
scotty914
post Nov 4 2004, 12:54 PM
Post #2

suby torque rules

Group: Members
Member No.: 924

they did put a drain in the hell hole but it very often gets clogged. and the hell hole is the courner below the battery where the frame rail and the fire wall meet, it is hard to see because the battery and fi brain block it. that is why the drain clogges. not what makes it worse is the battery if it leaks deposits acid down there. and if the battery doesnt leak the acid corrosion on the battery posts get washed down there by rain or car washes because the wonderful german engineers put the battery under one of the side vents so water can get right in.

the longs are the frame rails under the doors, if you pull the carpet and the rocker covers they are the boxy thing you see
User is offlineProfile CardPM
Go to the top of the page
+Quote Post

Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

- Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 7th May 2024 - 12:37 AM